First Response HPT

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2005, 05:54 PM
marie2001
OMG! I was just reading First Response's webpage, and it says (in the section about more info) that "according to a recent study..... First Response measured HcG concentrations at 6.3 MiU! Wow! I never knew it measured that low! Here is the link for anyone interested in reading it first hand!!

http://www.1stresponse.com/resourcecorner/...aseReadMore.asp
March 23rd, 2005, 05:58 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
Oh great.. Don't tell me that.. hahaha

Last pregnancy I tested 5 days early and got a bfn, then tested 16dpo and got a bfp..
March 23rd, 2005, 06:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't tell me that! I used First REsponce this morning and got a bfn
March 23rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
marie2001
I am so sorry! I didn't mean to upset anyone!!! Probably it tested that low in about 1 person out of 1000. I would take the info with a grain of salt.
March 23rd, 2005, 06:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah I asked my other friend and she siad most people it doesn't even work with 4 days before first missed af. She said usually on the day af is due and doesn't show up is when most people get bfps
March 23rd, 2005, 06:22 PM
marie2001
I really think your friend is right, Melissa. I was just suprised that First Response would even publish such a number on their website! Again, just relax! I think you are PG and everyone's bodies produce HcG at different rates.
March 23rd, 2005, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL my temp jump this morning has you and 4 others convinced this is my month LMAO
March 23rd, 2005, 06:44 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
I think HPT's lie when it comes to what they measure.. the day I got a BFP, I also got blood work! My miU was 108. I think they all test at 100, if you want my opinion.
March 23rd, 2005, 07:06 PM
Kristimomto2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly everyone in my personal opinion that I just a few days ago experinced I the test that gave me the result clear as day was clearblue when I tested with First Response at 13 DPO it gave me the FAINTEST 2nd line ever I mean if you blink you would miss it but then when I tested with the clearblue two days later (Today) I was able to see the + sign from an arms length away it was really clear. I personally like clearblue right now better. It gave me good news. Does anyone know anyone who has gotten a BFP with First Response 4 days before AF?

Anything I have heard so far has been people saying that with the First Response they only got a BFP the day before, the day of or after AF showed, but I guess everyone is different so try the brand that works for you.
March 23rd, 2005, 09:05 PM
homemakermommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just know that next time I will not waste my $. Another brand was on sale but I got FRE because it said you could test early but very few woman have had success with it and if they did it was usually only a day or 2 early very few actually got a positive 4 days early. O'well lesson learnt. I tested with it 10dpo and got a neg. I have the "norm" cycle 28 days with O on 14 so either it doesn't work or I'm not pregnant and I prefer to believe it's the first. KWIM
March 23rd, 2005, 09:38 PM
Send a message via MSN to crazy tempe cat lady
I just bought a 3 pack of First Response Pregnancy Tests and I'm 8 dpo and my test was negative but I won't lose hope just yet! I'm going to test 14 dpo then 16 dpo to be sure and if no AF after that I'll get a blood test. I paid 17.99 for 3 so I hope I didn't waste my money to get BFN's!
March 24th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Veteran
Well I used the First response on Tuesday and af is schuduled for tomorrrow and I got a big BFN(4 days before) I really don't believe that is works that early.....I am going to see if AF shows and then test again....don't lose hope yet....
March 24th, 2005, 08:29 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First let me say that I do not have experience with taking HPT's....I have only done 1 and that brand was Answer. I don't necessarily believe these tests don't work (I do think some can be defective), I think they could very well give a + as low as 15-20mIU 4-5 days early or whatever they state, BUT not many women have that amount of the hormone in there urine at that point. EVERYONE is different....you are taking a chance evry time you test early because it may be accurate, it may not...and that is sooo frustrating to me!

I don't know about any of the other tests (I'd be interested to know), but Answer listed the percentages of it detecting the hormone...for example it states it can detect the hormone in 69% of women 4 days before AF....so I knew taking the test early that it's no guarantee. The waiting game is HORRIBLE and I feel taking tests early just makes it worse for many of us, but it is SO hard to wait! I gave in last time and took one early, but I do not want to do that to myself again
March 24th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got a BFP with First Response 4 days before AF was due.
March 24th, 2005, 09:34 AM
myjoc1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lurking... I testes with FR on Saturday- I was due 22, got a neg.. Tested on Monday it was pos..... but everyone is different..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search