Confused about AF

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Cali*Luvin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all i would like to know how do you all count your days to know when AF is coming i have always been counting on from the last day of AF is that wrong ??? My mum has always told me that . Because i was chatting with my friend and she said that she counts from the first day of AF not the last day of AF what is right ???

Also one more question AF arrived for me last night ( wednesday ), so i uesd a panty liner and later when i went to the bathroom she had gone, and (thursday )
AF arrived full force what day should i say i have AF Wednesday or Thursday ??????

March 24th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Anyone ??

March 24th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Always count the FIRST day of AF as CD1. I usually start counting on the first day I start to spot, even if it is light. So I would count yesterday as CD1. Good luck.
March 24th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Thanks for reply that does clarify my confusion on AF

March 24th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Veteran
So what you are saying for example started period on Feb 24th CD1 and today is March 24 so you would have a 29 day cycle as of today? Correct?
March 24th, 2005, 07:35 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made the same mistake you did...I started counting After AF, so when we started TTC and I started researching I found out I was wrong. You count first day of AF as CD1. Was your AF heavy when it started or was it barely there? I'm not sure which day I would count, but if it were me and if it was real light one day, then stopped and heavy the next day I would probably count the heavy day as CD1.
March 24th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Tang, yes that's correct.
March 24th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Veteran
so not I am confused that would mean that fourteen day after CD1 in most people you ovulate? Correct? Ok so when is the longest Cycle 31 days? so I am really confused
March 24th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Actually not EVERYONE ovulates on CD14....only if you have a 28 day cycle do you more than likely ovulate on day 14...if you have a 30 day cycle you would add 2 days and you MAY ovulate on day 16...I stress MAY because I am not saying that is the exact day you ovulate...I have no way of knowing that. It's different for everyone, but typically it is anywhere from CD12-16. If you are not sure It's very important you keep track of your CM, temps, and maybe take OPK's so you can have a good idea of when you are ovulating. I get the EWCM at the same time every month so that is my indicator. HTH
March 24th, 2005, 08:33 AM
KitKat
Yes, count from the FIRST day of AF.... and no, the longest cycle is not necessarily 31 days.... there are a number of women on this board who have had 36 and I even saw one with a 38 day cycle. Every woman is different and no one cycle is right or wrong... long or short.... it just IS what it is.
March 24th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
My last cycle in January started on the 10th, however, I was spotting (lightly) for almost a WEEK before that!! I asked the doctor what should I count as my first day of AF and she said, "the first day that it is a NORMAL period.

Hope that helps. Also, my cycles are typically on the longer side, between 33 and 36 days. If you look in an OPK, it gives you dates you should begin testing based on the length of yoru cycle.

If you cycle varies, you should calculate 3 months cycles and divide by 3. that will give you a AVERAGE cycle length.

Good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search