Please Welcome me!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2010, 10:37 AM
hello,
I'm new to this forum and I think I'm here for the same reason most of you are here!! yup TTC!!
My husband and I (29) have been having unprotected sex for 5 months now and have had no luck
We have two adorable sons and are looking for our third and last...
with my first pregnancy it took us 8 months.. second 4 months to get preggers, after that i've had two abortions due to (high medical reasons) so now i have the ok from my doctor but unfortunately haven't had luck...
Can someone please teach me the ovulation charting and temp charting as well ? thank you
November 30th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome! I wish you luck in the coming months!

I don't chart myself, but there are many women here who do, I'm sure they'll help!
November 30th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Thank you very much!!
Hope to hear from them soon!!
I just finished my period for this month so I think I'm on time to start this month
November 30th, 2010, 12:14 PM
YoungerMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to YoungerMomma
Hi Welcome!! Im Angie and DH is josh We just started TTC again as we have 2 little boys Payton 4 and Carson will be a year...

i also Just started Temping.....You need to buy a Basal Body Thermometer Whick u can buy at walgreens or walmart .... U need to take ur temp at the SAME time everyday, either Vaginally or Orally, Also u need to have at least 3 hours of consecutive sleep.... Here is the site most of us use to keep track of our temps, it charts it for you!! When u join they will also tell u exactly how to do it!!! hope this helps!!

Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting
December 1st, 2010, 07:47 AM
WrightWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome! I don't chart, but I use opk's. I get mine from the internet because they are cheaper, but you can also get them at the stores. Hopefully you will get your eggie soon!

December 1st, 2010, 08:16 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Sara, wife to Jaysen, and SAHM to Cassidy (3) and Joel (17mos). We are also TTC our third, and this is my 8th cycle.

I'm sorry to hear of your health issues but I'm glad they're resolved now! Good luck! I know you'll love it here; these girls are great and very informative.

About the charting, I second everything Angie said. You need a BBT thermometer, a consistent time to chart, and somewhere to record your temps. There are a few different TTC sites now that are free where you can keep your charts, and most of them have detailed tutorials as well. I believe the most common is Fertility Friend. While you do need to pay for the premium service, the basic one is free. Hope that helps!

Sara's beautiful children: Cassidy (5y) and Joel (3y 4m) and Timothy (almost 8 months)
Yes, I know I need a new picture .

December 1st, 2010, 09:00 AM
Thank You very much! Girls..
What is OPK and BBT stand for? sorry I'm behind many things..
December 1st, 2010, 09:18 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybears View Post
Thank You very much! Girls..
What is OPK and BBT stand for? sorry I'm behind many things..
Welcome!! There is a Thread above where you will see this one it is highlighted in pink and called.... Sticky: Basics of TTC

In there you will find all the abbreviations we use here!

Hope that helps and WELCOME!!!!

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!

December 1st, 2010, 02:39 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to the board! I hope you get that BFP (Big Fat Positive = + pregnancy test) quickly! I recommend checking out Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting It's a website where you can keep track of your temps and CM (cervical mucous) and everything. They also have "charting school" to walk you through how to do it!

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
December 1st, 2010, 03:37 PM
I just became a member of fertility friend , but let me tell you I got a bit afraid because I have no idea as were to start or even how to ...... I guess I need to do some reading huh?
anyways thanks for your responses and pleas ya'll bear with me cus I'm new
December 2nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
Ok so this morning I tested for ovulation , got negative.. the first day of my period was 11/24 it lasted about 3 days so today is day 8 I guess im to early to test positive right?
I wont start doing BBT for now I would only do OPK and see what happens... hopefully ill get a BFP soon... but rewind to the first day of my period.. I got a like 5 drops of blood discharge two days before my period started and then it turned into pinkish for like a few hours only next day I was totally clean and the next day AF showed up.. so weird, anyways If it wasn't because my period just passed i would swear I was preggers cus Im have some preg. symptoms specially early in the mornings... ( I guess I'm just anxious).
December 2nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
YoungerMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to YoungerMomma
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybears View Post
I just became a member of fertility friend , but let me tell you I got a bit afraid because I have no idea as were to start or even how to ...... I guess I need to do some reading huh?
anyways thanks for your responses and pleas ya'll bear with me cus I'm new
It is VERY confusing at first!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search