Log In Sign Up

Santa


Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
November 30th, 2010, 09:54 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California
Posts: 5,640
So some co-workers and I were talking about Santa the other night. I just was curious, for those who celebrate Christmas and Santa visits your house, what you ladies thought about when to tell your kids, if to tell your kids, etc....
__________________

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
December 1st, 2010, 03:46 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 4,503
well Santa is a big deal at our house. The kids ages range from almost 10 down to 6 months. My 9 year old figured it out on her own this year. She asked me if Santa was real and I asked her what she thought. she told me she thought he might be real, but not actually the way we believe. He is real but he is really a girl and her name is mama I told her she was right, that yes in fact, I play Santa every year and that a big, round man in a red suit doesn't actaully come to the house. She laughed and said " I knew it!" She was so excited to find out and not at all sad like I thought she may be. My 8 year old just started questioning me yesterday about the reality of Santa and I asked her the same question...Do you think he is real? and her answer was "of course, I just wanted to make sure you believe so you can get some presents too." So I guess she was feeling me out on that one. This will be her last year for sure of believeing. My two boys, ages 7 and 5 defianately still believe. I look at it this way. there is little time to be a true child, to have hopes and dreams beyond what can be grasped. This world makes them grow up way to fast so I think to have a little hope and some imagination is a wonderful thing and I am glad that at least four of my five still have that. Now my 9 year old gets to see how it really goes down. SHe is going to help me and DH be santa this year. YAY...good times and good memories
__________________
Stefanie, Wife to Paul, Mom to cailyn (13), caleigh (12), cameron (11) christopher (8), Lilly (3) and Emma(2) and Staci born 12/19/13
3/12/12 5/9/12 7/05/2012 1/24/13

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
Reply With Quote
  #3  
December 1st, 2010, 04:50 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chilly New England
Posts: 6,767
Santa does not visit our house. My 3-year-old already knows he's pretty much a lie.
__________________
Hi, I'm Sara. I used to post here a lot when I was having the kids, but life got busy and it's been years since I was around. Now I'm back, and happy to be here.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.






































Reply With Quote
  #4  
December 1st, 2010, 05:33 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Costal Carolina
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papasgirl View Post
well Santa is a big deal at our house. The kids ages range from almost 10 down to 6 months. My 9 year old figured it out on her own this year. She asked me if Santa was real and I asked her what she thought. she told me she thought he might be real, but not actually the way we believe. He is real but he is really a girl and her name is mama I told her she was right, that yes in fact, I play Santa every year and that a big, round man in a red suit doesn't actaully come to the house. She laughed and said " I knew it!" She was so excited to find out and not at all sad like I thought she may be. My 8 year old just started questioning me yesterday about the reality of Santa and I asked her the same question...Do you think he is real? and her answer was "of course, I just wanted to make sure you believe so you can get some presents too." So I guess she was feeling me out on that one. This will be her last year for sure of believeing. My two boys, ages 7 and 5 defianately still believe. I look at it this way. there is little time to be a true child, to have hopes and dreams beyond what can be grasped. This world makes them grow up way to fast so I think to have a little hope and some imagination is a wonderful thing and I am glad that at least four of my five still have that. Now my 9 year old gets to see how it really goes down. SHe is going to help me and DH be santa this year. YAY...good times and good memories
This is a beautiful beautiful story, I love it!!!



My Daughter is 2 this year and I am just introducing her to Santa, I think she will really get it when she gets her picture taken with him and wakes up on Christmas morning to see all he has brought.
__________________

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!


Reply With Quote
  #5  
December 1st, 2010, 06:16 AM
mom2moose
Guest
Posts: n/a
My daughter is 2, so I don't think she gets the Santa thing yet. But I will play along for as long as she believes. When I was a kid, the best part of Christmas, was the belief of Santa!! (My mom would make noise outside on Christmas Eve, so she sounded like someone on the roof. Then she would make tracks in the snow with a deer foot, so it looked like reindeer. I am 35 and STILL remember that). That's how I want it to be for my daughter!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
December 1st, 2010, 06:44 AM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kelowna, B.C
Posts: 3,756
I believed in Santa all through-out my child hood. I remember when I found out Santa wasn't real, my sister was eaves dropping on a phone call my mother was having and heard that it was mommy and daddy that wrapped the presents for the stocking. I was devestated, I would have preferred to find out differently, and then my mom came out about the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny. Psht. What a day
But, while Nevaeh clearly doesn't get what Santa does or who he is, I'm excited for her to believe. I agree, this world forces them to grow up way too fast. I want her to be a young, innocent, Santa believing child for as long as I can manage
__________________

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy





Reply With Quote
  #7  
December 1st, 2010, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,031
The kids I nanny have Santa at home, but they know that we don't play that game at my house. And they do know it's a game...mostly! I haven't burst any parenting bubbles for my client, though. We will not ever teach our kids about Santa (we give gifts to each other and thank Jesus), but I would carefully avoid telling the truth to any child that doesn't yet realize it isn't real. Seems a bit unfair to make a parent look like a liar.

Papasgirl's story was adorable! Love that. Sounds like your daughter has a good take on it, and she'll have fun helping, now. I'm the eldest, and the only girl, and I always loved helping my mum put together things to surprise my younger brothers at Christmas.
__________________
I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of GOD
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38, the Bible
Reply With Quote
  #8  
December 1st, 2010, 09:04 AM
EricaLee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Costal Carolina
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha.B View Post
I believed in Santa all through-out my child hood. I remember when I found out Santa wasn't real, my sister was eaves dropping on a phone call my mother was having and heard that it was mommy and daddy that wrapped the presents for the stocking. I was devestated, I would have preferred to find out differently, and then my mom came out about the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny. Psht. What a day
I wish I found out nicely too, it started off with ALL of our presents under a sheet in the back of the car that we drove to my grandparents for Christmas Eve (geez) and then was topped of with catching my Dad building my Barbie house and Brothers Bike and it was not going well so he was grumbling and I woke to find him building it all....

But with that being said because I KNEW it helped with my brother, he would sleep with me Christmas Eve, I would tell him his friends at school just didn't believe anymore but Santa WAS real, it helped keep the magic alive for him till he was 13ish... We only have innocence so long... imagination powers innocence!
__________________

Big time thanks to jmmysterymaker for my WONDERFUL siggie!


Reply With Quote
  #9  
December 1st, 2010, 10:09 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 4,503
My Dad used to dress as Santa for my kids and my siblings' kids before he passed two years ago. He would 'show up' Christmas eve. he would carry bells and my brother would go into the yard and shake another set of bells and the kids would hear it and RUN to the back of the house to see as my Dad walked in through a second floor porch door and sat in a chair next to the tree. He would HO HO HO as loud as he could and they would come running to the room amazed that he somehow slipped into the house without being detected ha ha ha. TOO cute they were. so excited and amazed to see him. he would hand out gifts and we would take pictures and he would leave just as "unseen" as he appeared and they had no idea, but it made a wonderful night and a great memory for them. What else in life can give a child such a thrill then thinking Santa is coming?!
I wish he were here to do it again.
__________________
Stefanie, Wife to Paul, Mom to cailyn (13), caleigh (12), cameron (11) christopher (8), Lilly (3) and Emma(2) and Staci born 12/19/13
3/12/12 5/9/12 7/05/2012 1/24/13

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
Reply With Quote
  #10  
December 1st, 2010, 02:25 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California
Posts: 5,640
Papasgirl- I love all your Christmas/Santa stories! I believed until I was probably 10ish- my sister let the cat out of the bag one year She's 6 years older than I am. However, it wa still said in our house that "Santa" was coming and I left out cookies for my dad I definetly want my kids to have the experience of Santa and will let them figure out on their own I think.
__________________

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
December 1st, 2010, 02:28 PM
chapsgirl07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Florida
Posts: 1,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papasgirl View Post
My Dad used to dress as Santa for my kids and my siblings' kids before he passed two years ago. He would 'show up' Christmas eve. he would carry bells and my brother would go into the yard and shake another set of bells and the kids would hear it and RUN to the back of the house to see as my Dad walked in through a second floor porch door and sat in a chair next to the tree. He would HO HO HO as loud as he could and they would come running to the room amazed that he somehow slipped into the house without being detected ha ha ha. TOO cute they were. so excited and amazed to see him. he would hand out gifts and we would take pictures and he would leave just as "unseen" as he appeared and they had no idea, but it made a wonderful night and a great memory for them. What else in life can give a child such a thrill then thinking Santa is coming?!
I wish he were here to do it again.

We always did something very similar! Someone would dress up as Santa and he would come to the door and we would have cookies and presents. I believed in Santa until 3rd grade!! (my crush told me he wasn't real... )

I am trying to find someone to dress up this year for Dominic...even though he is young, I want to start that tradition.
__________________



Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0