TMI?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2010, 01:35 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Hey ladies I have a question about AF.
I got AF on Friday, it is currently Wednesday and I have not bled all day nor did I bleed at all last night... Now normally I would think that AF is done (whoooo, since normally she lasts 7 days) except I've taken note that the past couple of months AF does this. Gives me a day or 2 as a break and then comes back again. Full force

I'm not sure if this means something is wrong orrrr??? Anyone else heard of this?? Thanks ladies!!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

December 1st, 2010, 01:37 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hhmm...I've never had that happen- I hope someone else can help you out! That really must be annoying though that she psychs you out! darn

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
December 1st, 2010, 01:39 PM
It is annoying!! And I tell DH that we can BD again and then BAM. The evil witch is back. Like wth!! lol

December 1st, 2010, 01:46 PM
Veteran
mine would do that sometimes, not exactly but it would slow right down midway then bleed the rest of duration....i have heard of it, i dont think there is anything wrong, you can google it actually i think thats how i knew there was nothing going on.....doesnt happen now im off BCP though but then again i still havent regulated properly after 10 months either
December 1st, 2010, 01:47 PM
I'm at work so I'm not actually able to google it But mine doesn't just die down, like I get NOTHING. No brown-ness no bleeding nothing. I haven't had to wear a pad or tampon at all today. Not sure if that is necessarily normal?

December 1st, 2010, 02:11 PM
Super Mommy
That's been happening to me, same thing. I have had af for 4 weeks though, then I had like 3 days where I didn't have a single thing. Thought I was done but it cam back full force. I don't think it means anything is wrong, possibly a slight imbalance or something. I'm trying to regulate after bcp though so I think that's what's going on with me. Hope that your just done and it doesn't come back
December 1st, 2010, 04:48 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Normal or not, it's happened to me before, not every month, but it has often enough. I'm not sure why, but since it's never really bothered me, or caused any pain, I've just sort of ignored it and dismissed as nothing but annoying.
December 1st, 2010, 05:09 PM
chapsgirl07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It happens to me almost every month. I start, then stop completely for a day, then start for a few more days. Never thought something was wrong, its just the way my silly body works.

December 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! Thank you ladies! As long as I'm not the only one and no one has had it cause problems, then I think I will put it on the extremely annoying list

December 1st, 2010, 06:59 PM
WrightWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am in a similar boat Tasha. AF started friday, and I thought she was done...nope she is back. Weird thing is, I am not having to use a tampon or even a panty liner. I have no spotting, but when I got to the bathroom it comes out in a few full force drops, and i have to wipe twice (sorry tmi!) to get it all, but then there is nothing until I go to the bathroom again. Its been happening like this the past 2 months. I figured its my new "not on the pill" ritual.

December 2nd, 2010, 05:02 AM
Yea, I haven't been on the pill since April of 2008 though
I haven't gotten it yet so far either, I'm guessing it's done? I'll wait until the end of today to decide, BUT... It's NEVER been so short before... Ever. I've never been blessed with a short AF stay... She's always stayed for 7 days... Weird

December 2nd, 2010, 01:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dunno about "full force", but disappearing for a day or two and then returning is perfectly normal for me. My pattern is one of two variants, the second more common:

A)
cd1 and 2 HEAVY and painful
cd3 Medium, still requiring meds
cd4 through 6 light and/or spotting

B)
cd1 Medium, painful
cd2 and 3 HEAVY and painful
cd4 light or spotting
cd5 nothing!
cd6 medium for half a day, then light or spotting

(Both these come after the end of the previous cycle where I have at least a day, usually two or three, of cramps and spotting before cd1/AF really hits.)

Enjoy less than 7 days! I personally would rather have a longer but less painful AF visit, but I am still glad that it lasts under a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha.B View Post
It is annoying!! And I tell DH that we can BD again and then BAM. The evil witch is back. Like wth!! lol
Heck, take advantage of that one day, if cramps don't force you to take longer recovery! Keep that man happy.
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38, the Bible
December 2nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine is heavy for 2 days, light for 1, medium for 1 and then nothing. maybe a little spotting. So while not as extreme as yours, I do slow down in the middle and then start up again for about half a day. It sounds like it might be normal though, given the number of women here who experience it! Let us know if you find anything out.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search