How nice would you be??

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2011, 12:07 PM
A Mommy N Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
on a normal bases we can hear the base of the couple that lives below us but I can turn on my TV and it drowns out the sound. Well, yesterday they got a new TV (I saw it being delivered) and He had it turned up from the time it was delivered until late into the night. I figured oh its a new TV he is excited and left it be. Well today, same thing. It's up loud enough that i can hear the words. I went down there and asked him nicely to turn it down and he did right in front of me. No sooner did I get back into my apt did he turn it back up. I'm really tired of listening to it. I'm ready to turn my sound up to the point that I can't hear his (but I don't want to be bother other people nor do I can't to listen to things that loud) or Call down to the office and have them do something about it. I'm stuck here until Aug because the military post has no housing or I wouldn't be living in an apt.

January 20th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
People are rude!!
January 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM
WAHMto3boys2005's Avatar Veteran
Personally I would call the apt manager and complain... and IF he chooses to have it loud past the town noise ordinance times then I would very politely inform him that if he can not respect the town ordinance times then I will be forced to contact the police department and the building manager about his blatant disregard for the local laws.
January 20th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Mom to Girls
that really sucks. I'm not the confrontational type, so I'd probably wait a day or so more and if it continued, then I would contact the office.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy
January 20th, 2011, 04:58 PM
A Mommy N Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well thankfully it stopped about 30 mintues later. Not sure if he left or not but the tv went off because i didn't even hear the base. I can hear it now but its just the low base so it's not so bad...

January 20th, 2011, 10:12 PM
WAHMto3boys2005's Avatar Veteran
Well that's good maybe someone else complained to the office for you lol
January 21st, 2011, 05:14 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry your going through this. I know how bad it sucks. We had the neighbors from hell for about three years. They had two big dogs would bark non stop because they kept them in crates all day and than they would blast music so loud we could actually make out the lyrics and things on our walls would be rattling and the floor vibrating and they would do this up to 10 hours a day no joke we timed it. To top it off they would smoke cigarettes and mariquana on the weekends and we had to go buy a bunch of air filters. We couldnt get them evicted because these were owned condos and they were renting from their friends who owned the place.

We finally got them to stop all the noise by calling the police almost every day for a month. Shortly after that they moved out.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

Last edited by ~ Nicole ~; January 21st, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
January 21st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had to deal with this off and on when I was single and living in apartments. (I love the detached house my husband and I share now!) It really stinks.

One thing I suggest doing BEFORE you talk to a manager -- which you should definitely do if this does not work -- is back yourself up first with written contact. It's good that you have gone downstairs to speak to your neighbor(s) personally. If this continues, you need to have two copies of a typed up letter, both hand signed by you, and take one down to the neighbor. This might go without saying, but be as respectful as you can while stating your strong request.

If you do then still have to call down to the office, that same day or the very next morning put another signed letter in the mail to those neighbors, and a signed and hand dated copy to yourself. Keep yours unopened. This way, if any authorities get involved you have a legal postmark dating the letter you have also sent to your neighbors.

It might seem stupidly unnecessary, but I have been working in a law office for only 2 weeks now and I have already seen the benefits of such action, and the sad files of those people who do not think ahead. IF you were to have these annoying neighbors claim harassment against you for your complaints, you need to have taken all the respectful yet legal avenues on your own first, and be able to back yourself up. (I certainly hope it wouldn't escalate to such ridiculousness, but it doesn't hurt to spend a dollar or two purchasing a postmark to cover your back!)
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38, the Bible

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search