Is Proactiv Safe??

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2011, 08:47 AM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
Ok i have been using Proactiv for about 2-3 weeks now and love it! It is working great! Cleared up my skin in just a few uses, but now that were TTC/NTNP I worry if it is safe to use?

My gut tells me it is fine. I never worried about much with my first and tried not to overanalyze things but I figured I should atleast ask around....

What do you guys think?

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

January 24th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Veteran
Yes it is. I used it when i was pregnant with my first daughter and near the end with my 2nd daughter. i even asked my doctor as well!
January 24th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks Crystal!!

January 24th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Veteran
np!!
January 24th, 2011, 10:44 AM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Per my OB, it is not safe when pregnant. He said the likelihood of it causing a problem with the baby is slim, but it's there. Anything with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid he said wasn't safe during pregnancy. I am choosing to use pregnancy-safe alternatives. Belli is a brand that has face wash/"acne" products specifically for pregnancy.

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
January 24th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Per a friend: Her OB told her Step 1 and 2 you use for Proactiv are okay... It's Step 3 (lotion of some sort?) that was questionable in her OB's opinion.
January 24th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks ladies per some searches i did on the internet there are alot of mixed reviews. I guess I will just have to ask my dr when the time comes.

While im trying I will continue to use the Proactiv then switch when i have a confirmed reason

January 24th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulMommy81 View Post
Per my OB, it is not safe when pregnant. He said the likelihood of it causing a problem with the baby is slim, but it's there. Anything with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid he said wasn't safe during pregnancy. I am choosing to use pregnancy-safe alternatives. Belli is a brand that has face wash/"acne" products specifically for pregnancy.

This is what I was told from my OB and several books Ive read. With my first pg i stopped using face wash with any sort of acne meds in it.
DD born 1/3/12

January 24th, 2011, 10:44 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well if your like me Im paranoid about chemicles in products and in food and I only use mostly Avalon organics, Burts Bees, and seventh generation. Did you know babies are born with hundreds of chemicles already in them and adults host an average of 600-700 potentially harmfull chemicles in our bodies. I truly believe this contributes sickness and disease. I definatly know I dont want to give my baby any more chemicles than needed. I check all my products at this site before buying. unfortunatly they didnt list proactive.

Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Reviews

Here is a link to things that may be harming your fertility

The UCSF Program on Reproductive Health and the Environment

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

January 25th, 2011, 04:13 AM
BeachBaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My only 2 cents is that my OB told me (re: topicals - I have psoriasis) to make sure whatever I used did not have Retin-A in it. Other than that, don't know. I've been thinking about Proactive for myself, so I'll be interested in what you find out.

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 25th, 2011, 04:40 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
I took it all throughout my pgncy with my son in 2008 and everything was fine, but i wont this time around as theyve changed the formula and I'm just not sure anymore.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search