Don't know where to go with this question x-posted ie. miscarriage

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2011, 05:21 PM
Sweetpea79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I posted in recurrent miscarriages as well but I don't know really where to go with the question.... I hate to ask but I had never had a miscarriage and just looking to see if anyone had any personal experiences

Thank you so much

"I am not sure if I am in the right place or not but I have a question about HCG and positive pregnancy test ...

I miscarried 30 days ago bleeding took 7 days so it ended approximately 21 days ago

My fertility doctor told me to start Provera if no cycle 30 days from start of miscarriage

I have always been told to test before starting the Provera and anticipating to start it tomorrow I just tested and it's positive, so my thought is surely I still have left over HCG right?

My baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, did 1 round of the "abortion" pill at 8 weeks did not work did a second round at about 10-11 weeks and it worked so baby died 6 wks but took much longer to pass do not know if that factors in to anything or not.

Thank you!"
March 21st, 2011, 05:52 PM
SAHM_To_2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I recently (within the last year) had 3 m./c The longest was when baby was 9.5 weeks along. I got a + at 4 weeks, and blood tests showed my levels within normal but by 9.5 weeks my u/s showed baby was not forming anymore and had likely stopped growing weeks earlier. It took another 2 weeks and over 2 weeks of bleeding for everything to come out. It was absolutly unreal. I actually had to replace a VERY thick pillowtop thanks to it happening. I bassically spent 4 days on the toilet letting everything drain. It was like water.

I still got + tests for 3 weeks after..

Here (In Canada) they send you for bloodwork and tell you do not TTC for 3 months AFTER the levels go to 0 again.

I'd assume it's left over but I'd make a call to your doc just incase.
I didn't need a D&C but it was more painful then my no drug natural childbirth.
Best wishes and I hope you get your answers and a true soon!
March 21st, 2011, 06:30 PM
yes this was very painful and heavy bleeding.... i too believe it to be left over as I usually chart my temps and know where I usually hoover around in the 2ww I didn't start temping til about 6 days ago looking to see if it would indicate AF coming and they are not where they usually are after Oing.....

even though I have no hope really of it being a true BFP there is that little bit of craziness in all us TTCers that gets us asking questions lol
March 21st, 2011, 06:33 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call your dr and ask them. It's possible that you got pregnant right away if you weren't on any form of b/c.

I has a m/c when I was almost 7 weeks along. My body passed it naturally and a week later I was getting negative tests. I got pregnant with my 5 year old 2 weeks after my m/c.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that you get an answer soon!!!

=May '05 and '11

March 21st, 2011, 07:34 PM
SAHM_To_2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea79 View Post
even though I have no hope really of it being a true BFP there is that little bit of craziness in all us TTCers that gets us asking questions lol
Most definately.. I have been going crazy this past year.
dont mind me. I hope I didnt come off harsh. I'm a bit jaded over my whole experience and my sympathy isn't always present! I am sorry for your loss as well!

Last edited by SAHM_To_2; March 21st, 2011 at 07:38 PM.
March 21st, 2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAirForceSAHM View Post
Most definately.. I have been going crazy this past year.
dont mind me. I hope I didnt come off harsh. I'm a bit jaded over my whole experience and my sympathy isn't always present! I am sorry for your loss as well!
Oh no not at all I apperciate your comment
March 22nd, 2011, 08:58 PM
Regular
I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. I have heard that you can get a positive preg. test after a miscarrage but for me that wasn't the case. I miscaried after 6 weeks naturally and when they did blood work on me I tested negative like a week later. It just depends on the person or the case I guess. I would call your doc. and see what they say. Good LUCK get a BFP soon!
March 22nd, 2011, 11:43 PM
Darisey's Avatar Super Mommy
I miscarried naturally at 8 weeks and conceived my daughter 2 weeks later but got negative HPTs until I was 3 months along so I didn't know it right away.

Thank you, Cavewoman for my lovely siggy!

(Click on each blinkie for more info)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search