I'm ttc baby number 2 I'm 19

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I am married have been since 17 .I have a 13 month old. I just wanted to know if anyone else is trying to conceive at this age and how hard it would Ibe this time around .
March 24th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I know most people think I'm to young but I have one amazing daughter and I am a stay at home mom and financially stable
March 24th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I would love to hear your comments
March 25th, 2011, 06:35 AM
nichol's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't think that it's anyone's concern about your age (except you and your fam). Everyone has their own "right time" and I know your chances are higher than most people that are TTC just because of your age. Best of luck to you!

March 25th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Hey, my mom was married at 17 and had her first at 18. She already had 3 by the time she was in her early 20's. I decided to wait until I was in my 30's. Everyone is different. No one's business but yours! Good luck with TTC #2! I'm on #2 as well. My daughter is 8 months old.

March 25th, 2011, 09:10 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Congrats! You know everybody is different. Some people will tell you that this is the perfect time for you to conceive another child. Others will tell you that more spacing is better. I think a lot of it depends on your child's personality and your own. I know for me, until my daughter was about 16 months old, I could have very easily handled being pregnant again or having another baby - but we couldn't afford one yet so we waited. At around 16 months, I was SO GLAD I didn't have another one on the way yet. She was so active, and we had such horrible communication difficulties. I couldn't explain to her what I wanted from her and she couldn't explain to me what she wanted from me. Tantrums on both sides were a big problem She is 19 months now and I can see that she is starting to calm down a little and we are starting to be able to talk things out. So based on my own experience, I wouldn't conceive the next baby until the older child's vocabulary starts to show signs of picking up.....sometime between 18 and 24 months for most kids. But that's just me. Many will disagree.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
March 25th, 2011, 12:23 PM
My mother had me at twenty five then when I was twelve she had my brother... so now my sister (dads prev marriage) is 30 I am 19 my brother is 6.... I want my children closer so they will have things in common...Thank all of you for your replies...
March 25th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I want mine close too. There are 9 years between me and the youngest of my three older sisters. They are all close in age and then there is me. It was like being an only child.

March 25th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Thats how I was my sister moved out when I was to young to remember and I moved out when my brother was about 5... Being spaced out really doesn't let you bond...
March 25th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Welcome I have 3 girls all 18mo apart and I love them being so close, we are going to do the next 3 that close too

Good luck I hope you get your BFP fast
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

March 25th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Thank you so much. Hopefully this my month we will see. I hope all of you get your bfp . I know I can't wait for mine.
March 25th, 2011, 01:25 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
Welcome!! Good luck to you!
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

April 8th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Well I would love to talk with you. I am the same age and ttc for my first child. I had a miscarriage in oct 2009 and we haven't tried since then until this month. I'm hoping I wil get pregnant easily since I did on my first cycle in 2009 but I guess we will see. I'm hoping April is my lucky month as well as yours
April 8th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I have never met any one my age ttc.. Its very nice to know I'm not the only one..
April 8th, 2011, 02:51 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont think its about age but about your level of maturity. I think anyone who can provide a loving safe environment for a child deserves to have one if its in their hearts. I had my children at 19 and 23 and I was a very good parent. Granted I got some financial help from family I wouldnt change anything. I understand the feeling in your heart for a child. Some people will judge and say your not ready or old enough or whatever. But just because other's have more in life doesnt make them better parents or guarentee their child a happier life. I dont think you will find people judging you here. Ive been on many boards and this is one of the only places Ive been were people are very caring, polite, and stay away from being offensive. So welcome and I wish you a quick BFP!

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

April 8th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I agree I had my daughter unexpected at 18... I never thought I could love anyone as much as I do her I know there is always room for improvement but we are doing amazing im ready for number 2
April 8th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I don't think it is about age either. I am almost 20 financially stable and a military family as well as been together for 5 years so our relationship is stable as well. Where I live it is actually very common for ttc at our age. But young or old it doesn't matter I wish the best for everyone and hope we all get what we are hoping for.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search