Wwyd?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2011, 08:57 AM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
Ok I have a what would you do question!

I had a m/c first of this month. My betas were 6000+ in three weeks they have gone down to 8 as of yesterday! My dr said since there not below 5 she would like me to use protection the remainder of this month then come in again after my next cycle for another beta blood draw. If my levels are 5 or lower I have the green light to try again.

Now my question is do I listen to her and wait or should I give this month a fightning chance to get pregnant. I know my body and I know its back to normal. I also know how long it can take to get pregnant. So I really dont want to wait. If I know im Oing im going to want to give it a try!

What would you ladies do? Wait or give it a shot anyway??

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

March 31st, 2011, 09:21 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is no way in the world I would use protection for another month!! Your numbers are at 8.... they certainly don't need another month to fall below 5 - they are probably below 5 right now!!!

I also had a miscarriage this month. Interstingly my doctor did not tell me not to use protection or not TTC. I will be TTC as soon as I stop **** well bleeding!! lol So many people get their BFP right after having a miscarriage - I want to have that opportunity!!

So, this is what I would do in your position, and also what I am going to do in my postition. Let me know what you decide to do!!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
March 31st, 2011, 09:27 AM
Super Mommy
I have heard all kinds of different things about how long to wait. My Dr said to wait one month just in case there was any tissue left in there one more cycle would kind of clean it all out, but i've heard many others say you can try as soon as you're mentally ready.
go with what you feel is right for you. if your count is down to 5, i would think that should be low enough to start trying again.
March 31st, 2011, 09:42 AM
@Nina - I honestly plan to try again unless someone gives me good enough reason not too haha

March 31st, 2011, 11:38 AM
Rebel_Jedi's Avatar Veteran
I have always read that you are most fertile the cycle after a M/C.

March 31st, 2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_Jedi View Post
I have always read that you are most fertile the cycle after a M/C.

Let's DO IT!

March 31st, 2011, 01:03 PM
SAHM_To_2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had 3 m/c and a chemical in under 9 months. Each time I was told to wait and the one time I didnt i had a chemical. IMO, I'd wait. Sucks.. but they ask you to wait for a reason.
April 1st, 2011, 04:35 AM
nichol's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have any m/c experiences but, to date, from this board, the doctors are almost always right. As much as we hate to admit it....they are. I personally would follow her directions. Just my 2 cents.

April 1st, 2011, 05:23 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say to follow your heart. I have almost never followed doctors' advice on this. I've TTC after a miscarriage and gone on to have a chemical, but I've also had a loss and gone on to successfully conceive the following cycle. Sometimes your body is just not ready yet to support a new pregnancy, while other times it is as though your bod isalready in the 'right plac' to be pregnant and you are more fertile.

I think it's a very personal decision. I know for me personally as much as my common sense would tell me to wait my heart would win and I'd TTC again x x
I'm so sorry for your loss ((((((hugs)))))))

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

April 1st, 2011, 04:37 PM
Regular
I had my first MC at 6 weeks and when they did the blood draw I was at like a 2. but my doc told me to wait a month just in case. you never know you could still have some tissue and also if you do get preg. it could be hard to tell when it actully happend. We waited the month. and yes it really did suck. But that was what we chose to do, you need to do what is best for you, however I agree with nichol. docters do tend to know what they are talking about, I would take you doc.s advice to heart.
April 4th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Soooo.... what are you going to do?

April 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
TerriM's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a m/c a few years back and my dr. also suggested we wait until I cycled through. After much questioning she told me that if the m/c was natural and I didn't need a d & c or anything, she was saying to wait so that they could date a new pregnancy better. Long story short, I did not wait. I actually O'd 2 weeks after the m/c and got pregnant with my son. They even used the date of the m/c as my "LMP" so to speak since it happened 2 weeks later. If there was no medical intervention with the m/c, honestly, I would have done it again the way I did. Good luck to you! xoxo
April 6th, 2011, 08:26 AM
@Nina - We gave it our all and tried!!! Based on O date we could be having a little Christmas miracle!!

Thanks to everyone for their opinions even though some not what I wanted to hear I still greatly appreciate your advice.

We did go ahead and try since I knew I was ovulating. It just seemed right and I hope I dont pay for it later!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search