TTC #2! Need advice!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2011, 02:04 AM
RachelDavey06's Avatar Jackson's mommy
We are starting to TTC #2... I posted this in my play group too but I want to ask you ladies here also!

To get pregnant with our first let me tell you I wasnt on birth control for 4 years before getting pregnant. Finally I went to the doctor at the naval hospital and they had me to an HSG test (when they shoot ink in your tubes to make sure they arent blocked). I was on metformin because they thought I had PCOS which I dont. Then they sent me to another hospital- Madigan. Madigan put me on 3 rounds of clomid and forced ovulation shots, still not BFP. So they sent me to Seattle reproductive medicine and they did an IUI (when they concentrate the semen and inject it into your uterus and force you to ovulate). I had the IUI done in June, got a BFN in July, and ended up with a BFP in August. They say after an IUI you are very fertile or some reason. Anyways my question is... On monday I have my yearly pap... I want to bring up TTC, do you think they will just blow me off and tell me to keep baby dancing or do you think they will have me go a different route?
April 9th, 2011, 12:20 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can always bring it up. We are Navy too and I have had few doctors blow me off. There is no harm in bringing it up or even making an appt with a different doctor if they don't take you seriously.
I have heard things about pregnancy "resetting" your body to make it easier to conceive next time around. But I have no idea how much validity there is to it.
So, they thought you had PCOS, you didn't but was there still some problem that was causing you not to ovulate, did they look into anything else?

Oct '11 June '12
April 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
RachelDavey06's Avatar Jackson's mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_mommy View Post
You can always bring it up. We are Navy too and I have had few doctors blow me off. There is no harm in bringing it up or even making an appt with a different doctor if they don't take you seriously.
I have heard things about pregnancy "resetting" your body to make it easier to conceive next time around. But I have no idea how much validity there is to it.
So, they thought you had PCOS, you didn't but was there still some problem that was causing you not to ovulate, did they look into anything else?
I dont even knowwhat that problem was. He never tested me or whatever for PCOS. He was like "oh your period is off by a week and you're over weight. you have pcos" so he put me on metformin. Then then I went to another doctors office hes like "oh i see in your chart you have pcos... how often do you shave your face/chest? how far off is your period?" I forget the other question. But I dont shave my face/chest and my period will be like the 14th then the 14th then like the 24th. He said thats nothing, I dont have pcos.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search