Just curious

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so fed up right now. I'm patient but not THAT patient. I'm on cd 82 still waiting in af. Sometimes I can't remember what it was like to have a period every month. So I'm gouge to schedule an appointment with my dr. Here's my question: if they give me that hormone that will induce my period, how does that help? If it's technically then not even a real period? How would that help my cycle next
Time?
April 17th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No real advice, but when I had a 5 month cycle that I ended with provera, I had a normal (for me) cycle the next month complete with ovulation. It is just like a "reset" button. Good luck!

April 18th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Super Mommy
Ahh okay, I wasn't sure. I just figured I'd have te same problem again. I think I need to try that
April 18th, 2011, 03:43 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went on provera once. Horrible AF. Very heavy and painful. I can't tell you if my cycle would have been normal or not because I started clomid.

April 18th, 2011, 06:12 PM
nichol's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had to use provera both to induce AF and once to stop AF. Both ways, it worked like a charm. Can't really explain it but it does work. I had even tried nasty Parsley tea which I have read great things about inducing AF with, and it did absolutely nothing for me. I didn't even wait near as long as you. I took it and got AF on CD54 this last time. Best of luck to you.

April 18th, 2011, 06:20 PM
gemipisces's Avatar Veteran
Well I am on like CD66 and no AF yet. Still trying to wait it out I think. But I did buy and start taking Vitex. I have taken it for 4 days now and I am hoping that will help me. I personally don't want to induce AF just yet because I am afraid:
1) I will start bleeding and not be able to stop or keep spotting continuously.
2) I would reallllly hate to have a horrible bad period because I used to get them so bad and so painful in middle school and highschool that I would literally pass out at some points because it hurt so bad and gave me troubles with migraines.
Those are just MY reasons for being wary. Good luck to you!!!!! KUP!
Secondary Infertility
First round of Clomid 50mg 2/13/12
+OPK 2/28
AF 3/17/12
Second Round Clomid 100mg 3/19/12
AF 4/19/12
Third round Clomid 100mg 4/21/12
+OPK 5/1 and 5/2
5/2 22mm follicle left ovary
O suspected on 5/4!
Skipped a month to renew the uterine lining.
Fourth Clomid 50mg
BFP!!! 7/19/12 8dpo!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search