Anyone else on Clomid?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Hi ladies,

I am new to this site and still learning all the lingo so bare with me. I am 32 and trying to conceive my third child. I have hyperprolactinemia and a 4.2mm microadenoma on my pituitary. With that being said... pregnancy is a challenge. My first pregnancy miscarried, my second went beautifully and needed no meds, my third pregnancy was successful with bromocriptine, and this try hasn't been so easy. I tried bromocriptine for a month and never ovulated. Last Thursday I started Clomid, twice a day, and finished it today. This morning a very faint second line showed up on a OPK and I was very pleased... that hasn't happened in years! So... so far so good. At least it appears ovulation is approaching. Now the week of TTC lies ahead .

So my question is... is there anyone else on clomid right now or have tried it in the past? My Dr. said to start TTC today and every other day after that until he sees me in his office on 4/27 for an u/s. Sound about right based on your experience? Have you had any side effects? I feel like an emotional psychopath! I also have a very full feeling in my uterus. Ugh... hoping the next two weeks go quickly.

Thanks for any insight.
April 18th, 2011, 07:32 PM
WrightWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I am Bex, and am ttc #1 and am currently on clomid as well. I take 50mg cd 5-9...this is our third month on it. Month 1 I didn't O, last month I did, so hopefully this month I O and get pregnant. As for side effects, I seem to get the worst mood swings after ovulation time. ITS BAD! I also get horrible pains at O time in my ovaries. It honestly feels like my ovaries are going to explode! The only other side effect, or at least I think is a side effect, is my insatiable appetite. I normally eat, but can forget to eat. Not on clomid...I can eat and eat and eat and still be hungry. My boss laughed the first time he saw me chow down (I have 6 male counterparts). He said he has never seen me eat more than the boys on the team, and thought I was ill. Good luck and I hope the clomid does the trick for you!

Tags
clomid

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search