Could use some help.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
So, my fiance and I are trying to concive and have been trying for 4 months. I would have thought by now something would have happened. Since we're both young I figured our systems would have completed the deed. Lol. We both have started to take vitamins. He's taking mulitivitamins and I started Prenatals. We're both wanting this very much so. I just don't know if there is anything else we could do to help boost chances. I try not to think of it to much because I worry my mind will play a trick on my body. :/ So if anyone has any suggestions or questions please feel free!

Thanks,
Hayley (:
July 3rd, 2011, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! At the very least you should use OPKs to make sure you're hitting your fertile window. Even if you have 28 day cycles every single time you may O on CD 16 instead of CD 14 or even CD 20. That date can vary considerably from woman to woman and even from cycle to cycle. If you want to go more in depth than that you could chart your BBT with something like Fertility Friend along with using OPKs. That would help you make sure you hit your fertile window and a thermal shift would help confirm ovulation. I hope this helps!

July 3rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
MamaAnna said it best Just keep in mind that they say it can take up to a year for a perfectly fertile, healthy, couple to conceive. But using OPKs will at least make sure you're O'ing and that you're catching that window of opportunity
GL

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

July 3rd, 2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks you two. I have been trying to keep track of things. I'm not always on time the same month. My periods tend to be a little jumpy so month to month it's sometimes hard to tell. The past three cycles i have had the days were 41, 39, 30. So it's lowering down but for a little while it was real far apart. I've never missed one, just had long gaps. It used to be around 32 sometimes a little lower but hardly ever over 32, maybe 35 at the most. So when it was 41 it scared me. I'm currently waiting for my next cycle unless something went right this past month! lol
July 3rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With cycles like that I very strongly recommended charting your temperature. Not only will it help to confirm ovulation, but it will also let you know what your standard luteal phase length is so you can know when you're actually late. Your O date may vary, but your luteal phase length should be consistent so it takes a lot of the guessing out of when to test and stuff.

July 3rd, 2011, 11:51 AM
I don't mean to sound dumb but with the temp stuff how do i go about doing all that to chart it?
July 3rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
I would use fertilityfriend.com if I were you. I don't chart yet, but most of the ladies who DO chart, use fertilityfriend.com. All you'd have to do is set a time you plan on taking your temp every morning (same time every morning) take it and write it down and then later in the day make sure to record it on fertilityfriend

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

July 3rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Alright, thank you. Since it was suggested I might give it a try and see if it works any better. (:
July 3rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you temp you also want to make sure you use the same thermometer every time, place it in the same place in your mouth, and vary your sleeping environment as little as possible. Changing out your bedding, heavier/lighter pajamas, breathing through your mouth because you have a cold, etc. can all affect your temperature and therefore your chart. You should temp before getting out of bed and before talking if you can help it. You also need to take your temperature after at least 3 solid hours of sleep.

I use Fertility Friend myself and highly recommend it. There's a charting course that is provided bit by bit after you sign up to help you learn how to chart as well as how to interpret charts. You can also ask questions here or on the Fertility Charting board.

You may also want to read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's extremely informative and can help you better spot fertile signs. It also goes into charting either on paper or with their own software (sold separately for about $50).

Hope this helps!

July 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I just started charting this month and love it! It teaches you a lot about your body and once you get a chart established, you can share it with us and we can give you our suggestions! It's wonderful to pinpoint when you ovulate! It took a few days to learn the basics, but I feel like I have a pretty good hang of it now, after about 2 weeks of reading about it and taking my temperature. Also, make sure you get a basal body thermometer (BBT), which you can get at pretty much any drugstore. It's more accurate than a regular thermometer. Good luck!

July 4th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Thank you! (:

Tags
ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search