What do you think? OPK help - Update 1st post

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did I miss catching my surge on an OPK? The one in the middle is a shade or so lighter then the control. Normally I will get a test that looks like this and then the next day I will have a blaring positive (I tend to have positives for two days). But as you can see the test I took today looks... at least to me... slightly lighter then the one from yesterday. Did I surge quickly last night and the 3rd test is the tail end of the surge? Can you surge that quickly. I am out of OPKs now and don't really want to go buy more.

I had that "surge" of emotion last night. I felt like a basket case and I hear being emotional can be a sign of O. We have been DTD every night (because I thought O was coming) and I don't think we can keep up with this pace if I'm not ovulating until this weekend.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

So I got DH to pick up tests on his way home last night. They are store brand tests that I have never used so I am not sure how much I trust them. I took a test last night after holding for 4 hours and it was negative. Today I noticed it has a dark line going down the test line that is as dark as the control but I don't remember seeing it last night. I took another test today and it is lighter then last nights but I am not sure if that is because the other test has been sitting. I am so frustrated!! The last two months I have Oed by now. The cycle before that was 30 days so I must of Oed around CD 16. I am hoping that I am just gearing up to O. I am terrified that I am not going to O at all

Last edited by *Crystal*; August 5th, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
August 4th, 2011, 11:38 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure. I guess it depends on how sensitive your OPK's are. Mine did an up and down range and I got like a mini surge 1 week before O.

Oct '11 June '12
August 4th, 2011, 11:49 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say all those are negative. The positive will be darker than the control line.

August 4th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I know that they are negative but I am wondering if is that my positive was between the second the third one since the third is lighter then the second
August 4th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say that you probably haven't O'd yet. I get a line that looks like that almost my whole cycle but when I O, it is super dark for several days. Do you temp so you can confirm if you did?

About the BDing all the time, I went to my doctor and he told me that you actually don't have to BD every day to get pregnant. He actually recommends every other day. The reason I say this is because we were BDing EVERYDAY at first and it was exhausting!! We have now moved to every other day and it is so much better. If we feel like doing it everyday it is fine but if we don't, I don't stress over it because I know it isn't going to mess up our chances. Good luck and I hope that you get a BFP this month!

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
August 4th, 2011, 07:14 PM
.Katie.
I don't think you're surging yet but it looks like your body is gearing up for it.

You poor thing! I would take a break and bd everyother day until you get a positive. Or even give yourselves two days (unless you test and it's a definate positive!)
August 5th, 2011, 04:06 AM
We should have taken a break last night but DH started things up before bed... oh well. Normally I do the every other day thing and then we DTD everyday once I get my almost positive until I get my negative again. Last month is was 4 days in a row.

DH stopped and picked me up some OPKs last night. They aren't a brand that I am used to. I took one last night and the result was very different from the other OPKs... At least I have a baseline now. I hope to get a positive today but if I don't we will take a break tonight.
August 5th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Update 1st post
August 5th, 2011, 12:10 PM
.Katie.
Look at it this way-- You either missed your O and you already did (in which case you BD'd plenty!) or you're going to O soon.

Try not to stress your poor mind out about it!

And if you guys enjoy having sex everyday then you should do it! It sounds like you have a very supportive dh that wants to help you as much as he can. It's when sex becomes a chore that I think it causes more damage than good.

Keep up the great work and try not to put TOO much stock in opks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search