POAS question - timing

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2011, 10:44 AM
GirliMumi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Girls!

I am certainly new to this board but a long time JMer. I just have a question about testing and when I should start. Here is the sinerio.

I purchased OPK tests online that came with early preg tests too. They say you can test as early as 3 days from conception! My question though would be if the swimmers hang around a few days before O then when would you test? Would you go 3 days from dtd or 3 days from when o should be?

Definately added a new layer of waiting for me. Also, last month I spotted for 2 days before AF showed full force. Would you could the first day of "spotting" as the start of AF and your LMP or the day it was full tilt?

Thank you so much in advance and good luck for everyone waiting to POAS yourselves Never thought I'd be on this board I'll tell you
August 5th, 2011, 10:57 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
Your body needs time for the egg to even implant and start giving off HCG. 3 days from ovulation or conception is still too soon.

Most people start getting decent results on 10dpo. Good luck.

August 5th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks Jillian! Thats what my gut was telling me too despite what the testing instructions state! Which would you consider the LMP date then? The spotting days or the full blown days?
August 5th, 2011, 11:18 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
I always count my first day of flow. That's what I've been told is the most accurate.

August 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM
.Katie.
Jillian is right. Spotting is spotting, but until you have an actual flow that goes on a pad it's not considered AF.

Are you sure the preggo tests aren't for three days before/after your missed period?
August 5th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Ok Thanks Ladies, then I have a few more days until O, I think...

Nope they are from here Pregnancy Test Midstream - Ultra Sensitive - Make A Baby

Quote:
Our tests detect this hormone level at only 10 mIU/ml, making these some of the most sensitive and accurate tests available. With a detection tolerance this low, you can expect a positive result in as few as 3-5 days after conception.
I am not sold on the idea of that early though which is why I was asking...dtd friday doesn't mean thats when you specifically would conceive, it could be up to Sunday or Monday right?
August 5th, 2011, 11:52 AM
.Katie.
I think they are lying to get your money.

As far as when you and hubby dtd, it takes his swimmers 12-24 hours to get where they need to be, and then it takes the fertillized egg another day or two to come down where it can implant. Hope this helps!
August 5th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks Ladies! I figured it might be the same too, trying to get people to buy more. I wanted the OPKs anyways so for the extra $5 it was still cheaper to get them online together than a single would cost at any store by far
August 5th, 2011, 11:59 AM
.Katie.
Totally!

For what it's worth, my last shipment of IC's (mine are the pink ones not blue) have hardly ANY dye on them when I compare them to ones I've had in the past. So there are variations, and that's something to consider for any test. Good luck! I can't wait to see your tests!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search