2WW and losing my mind

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Ok not really sure how to start this other than I am going to go crazy!!! Give a little background information, my cycles alternate each month in a strange pattern. On odd months they are ALWAYS 28 or 29 days, on even months they range from 31-34 days. Don't know why just know it has done this for about a year now. My LMP was on 8-18-11 and since its an odd month that means my period should of been due a few days ago, now on cycle day 32. But since I am fully aware that I ovulated late based on +opk at cd 22 and negative one and spotting on cd 23 I am pretty certain I ov on the 9th. So that being said I am only 9 or 10 days past ovulation. So far all test have bfn, I am fully aware it is early but I am suffering from POAS Unfortunately I have no idea how long my LP is but in my last 3 pregnancies I found out the day before my missed period on around 30 day cycles. One was with equate and strong line, the other 2 where with FRER and very dark line. My first baby(girl we lost at 20wks) I didn't find out until I was 2 weeks late but thats because I went to the hospital thinking I was really ill only to find out I was pregnant. None of them I tested before then so dont know when they would of been positive if earlier. Also all my kids measured about a week small so I am pretty sure I have always ovulated about a week later than the norm. Seeing as I have been pregnant 4 times - I would almost swear I am pregnant now and just wish the test would agree with me. My husband even thinks I am pregnant, he was right every other time. O and the 3 kids we have are all boys and we desperately want a girl but even so we both just want a big family so if its another boy we would be happy too. I guess my question is do you think I tested too early, if so when did you guys get bfp after bfn?
September 19th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I just want to offer

I don't "do" charting etc. When I got pg with my first child, I didn't test until AF didn't show, so I only actually tested the one month I was actually pg. Personally I think all the stress and worry of POAS syndrome doesn't help!

I do know ladies who have tested too early and gotten a BFN and then tested a week or more later and got a BFP so I'd definitely test again especially if you and DH are "feeling" this might be your month.

If not, there is always next cycle, although I know that's no consolation.

September 19th, 2011, 06:37 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs. I am still struggling with BFN's right now. AF is scheduled for tomorrow and I am praying I see a BFP before her. Hang in there.

Oct '11 June '12
September 19th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you know your cycle might be of 34 days max (this particular one), then try to hold on until then before more testing.
I think that early testing brings so much dissapointment.
It´s hard, I admit it, but try holding off a couple more days. You´ll just stress yourself out

One of the girls in my PR just "knew" she was pg and her tests kept coming back negative until a few days past her typical period and she has a gorgeous baby girl to prove she was right all along!
Tests are not always right.

good luck!

September 19th, 2011, 09:41 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
acording to my chart we Od the same day! and I too usually have 28 day cycles but this go round I will be a long one. I also am a poas addict and have done so the past two days. I am one that just has to poas
But I am still hopeful for you and ill keep my fingers crossed for us both!!
September 19th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Thank you everyone. I know I really shouldn't test until 14 days after ovulation but I can't help it. As far as my cycle goes 34 days is the absolute longest I have had in over 3 years(and has only happened once) and today is cd 33 so I am still slightly hopeful. If I am not it wouldn't be the end of the world as my boys are still young so a little more age gap wouldn't be terrible, but the not knowing is driving me insane. My boys are ages 4, 2, 1. The youngest was a surprise but with him I knew I was pregnant, kinda strange since I was breastfeeding at the time and my middle son was only 3 months old then. And with the first two we got pregnant really fast when trying - 1st one was on first try and second one was on 3rd try. This is only our first month trying this time and kinda hoping this one comes quick too.
September 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I wish I could just stop thinking about it for a while but I can't get it off my mind. It doesn't help that every time I turn around I see a pregnant person - 3 in the last 2 days And one of my cousins is pregnant and she just found out she is having a boy which is great since she had a girl the first time and wanted a boy this time. And as happy as I am for here - it makes me what a girl that much more. Just simply going crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilemma86 View Post
acording to my chart we Od the same day! and I too usually have 28 day cycles but this go round I will be a long one. I also am a poas addict and have done so the past two days. I am one that just has to poas
But I am still hopeful for you and ill keep my fingers crossed for us both!!
How exciting - hopefully we will both get good news soon.
September 19th, 2011, 08:01 PM
wentzlaffs's Avatar Veteran
FXed for you! I know the waiting is horrible. I do think you could still of tested a little too early so baby dust your way!!! Hope you get your BFP!!
September 20th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Well another day and still no af so, still hopeful. I am 11dpo now but according to mymonthlycycles I am 3 days late based off the average for my last 30 cycles. But I am 99% sure I ovulated late based on cm, pos. opk, and spotting. So I am trying not to lose hope. But my cycles have went as long as 34 days and today is cd 34 so some more wait and see I don't feel like af is coming anytime soon. I don't have much for cramping or really a whole lot of symptoms in general. Have had some on and off bb troubles(kinda feels like milk let down when I was breastfeeding) but its not happening frequently enough for me to think much of it yet. I don't really do temps but I know enough from past changes that my temp is still up(just feel warm) since I am usually freezing all the time. My normal temp is usually around in the low 97's area and it is in the high 98's right now. Usually it will drop a bit a day or 2 before af. But again not actively charting just going of general feeling.(tmi alert) The main thing that would have me thinking I was not pregnant is the lack of cm increase. I have always had an increase in cm when pregnant and general a day or 2 before my period as well and I have none. But I know every pregnancy is different so still clueless
September 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM
Yet another day, another BFN, and still no AF. So confused. No real craming, bbs seem normal now, and really not a whole lot of anything. I am on cd 35 which means if af does not show today then this will be my longest cycle in over 3 years. Only thing that is really bothering me today is that when I went to lay down for a nap I got a really sharp crampy like pain in my left hip, upper left thigh, and around the left ovary area that lasted for a few minutes then went away. Since then my left hip is still feeling strange but not really painful if that makes any sense. I am sorta losing hope but guess its not over til af arrives. Even though I still feeling very strongly that shes not coming.
September 21st, 2011, 06:14 PM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, my AF showed up today I hope she stays far away for you!!
September 21st, 2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilemma86 View Post
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, my AF showed up today I hope she stays far away for you!!
I am sorry to hear you got af. I hope you get your BFP next month. I know that doesn't help much but will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I will try testing again in the morning if AF doesn't show by then and will let you know how it goes.
September 22nd, 2011, 11:15 AM
Well I guess this month is over - af has arrived. I am not to sad though. Atleast now I have an idea of what my luteal phase is - 12 days.
September 22nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnqangel View Post
Well I guess this month is over - af has arrived. I am not to sad though. Atleast now I have an idea of what my luteal phase is - 12 days.
Sorry AF arrived, but looking at the bright side is always a good thing. Best of luck this cycle!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Tags
2ww , bfn , bfp , dpo , late ovulation

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search