Stupid People

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2011, 01:47 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
There is a girl I worked with for about 7 years and we always had this like...almost competition thing with each other about stupid stuff, but we were "friends" so it wasn't a big deal. Right after I found out I was pregnant with DS she started trying and well our kiddos are about 6 months apart. Now I also have to say she is one of those chicks that doesn't pay attention to her cycles and runs to the bathroom after DTD cause she hates the "stuff" inside her.
So when we decided to take out my Mirena, her and her DH also started trying. Needless to say before I even got my BC out, she was pregnant and now due Oct 1st.
Well today my DS finally started wearing big boy undies all the time and going potty by himself and I posted a pic on FB of him all proud. Her comment is "When I found out I was pregnant I pushed for J to be potty trained, its been so nice for a few months". SO I feel TWO digs in the side there..."Pregnant" AND "Potty Trained".
UGH!!!! What she failed to mention is that her mom kept her son at her house for 2 weeks until he was fully potty trained. I would push for that too if I had someone else to potty train my kiddo!

I'm sure this isn't a big deal....I'm just not in the right place now to being hearing crap like that. lol
Sorry, I had to vent some where, If I complain to my DH he tells me to delete her, which just isn't an option because of so many mutual friends...too much drama

September 21st, 2011, 01:57 PM
Due 7/12
I'm sorry hun If it makes you feel better I wouldn't want to here that either!
September 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM
I'm sorry you are having to deal with that! I had a friend similar to that and it drove me crazy! Feel free to vent here whenever you want! We're here
September 21st, 2011, 02:26 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Ugh! That sucks...

September 21st, 2011, 02:36 PM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Hide her and don't let her see your wall post. It's the "polite" way to unfriend without the drama.

Also look at it this way, being copied is the highest form of flattery.

September 21st, 2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys!!! I'm an emotional wreck today so its nice to have some where to vent!

That's a good idea about the hiding option, might have to do that!!

September 21st, 2011, 03:38 PM
Mommy2JL's Avatar Veteran
people need to grow up! just remember, people who feel the need to put others down really feel badly about themselves!
hang in there!!!
September 21st, 2011, 03:54 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Vent away, girl! That's what we're here for. Hope you're in a better state of mind soon.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
September 21st, 2011, 05:04 PM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to be in the same situation! I got engaged she did too, I built a house, she did, I got married ( she's still yet to do that). But shortly after I was married she told me I quote " you r not allowed to have kids before me" Haha. Keep your head up and just know that they r always wanting to be like us! We r here for u!! ((( hugs))))
September 21st, 2011, 05:05 PM
PuppyLove22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ughh I am sorry. I hate dealing with people like that, makes me want to punch them lol

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my beautiful siggy!!

September 22nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm so sorry! That is absolutely petty. And just think of it for what it is; it's a really sad state of mind for her to be in if she bases her life's major decisions on some sort of "competition" she needs to have with you. She's not living her life to the fullest. Just brush her off and see it for what it is. I agree with the suggestion to hide her and block her from your wall. No drama that way. I've just recently had to come to the reality that one of my friends who I always thought was a good one, was in fact not. Not only that, she was what I'd consider a toxic person (much like it sounds like this girl is). It's hard to let go of someone and admit that they have no place in your life anymore, but there's times where it's absolutely necessary and for the best. Hope you're feeling much better about the situation today!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

September 22nd, 2011, 07:16 AM
Thank you guys so much! I feel better today about it. I just had to remind myself how lucky I am that I don't WORK with her anymore. She was a "toxic energy dump" (from a book we had to read "Fish"). I would much rather read a stupid comment then hear her mouth run all day long!!

September 22nd, 2011, 09:34 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i once told a friend that I don't believe in blowing up bridges, But I DO believe in very good gates! haha. And there are days that I have to remind my DH to be like a duck and let it roll off you (when people r being rude he takes it personally). Hope you have a great rest of the weeK!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search