Confused...starting to worry I got it all wrong

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 06:37 AM
Ok. I am starting to worry that I have this stuff all wrong. I have been on mirena for three years, had it removed at the begining of this cycle. I started my cycle on 2 sept and got a positive opk on 11 sept and am cd 21. For the last three years I have had 26 day cycles like clockwork. Im just stressin cause im still not seein that bfp that I m wanting so bad. I know I shouldnt be so stressed with this being our first cycle ttc but its always been easy for me. Heck ive been pg six times already and ive never been this stressed out trying. Maybe its because I know this is probably gonna be our last baby
September 22nd, 2011, 06:44 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
If the OPK was positive on the 11th, you're AT MOST 11dpo, but you may have O'd on the 12th, as well, the day after the surge. That would put you at 10dpo. Either way, you're still early to get a BFP! Hang in there! It's not over until the witch shows. Are you charting or just using OPKs?

I totally feel you about the stress of it being our last. I want this so badly to just happen already, but I'm always so stressed out. I'm taking a more relaxed approach to this cycle, but seeing as I'm not even in the TWW yet, we'll see how relaxed I can actually stay LOL.

Try to relax (I know, I know...much easier said, right?) It'll happen! Maybe even this cycle!!! You're just still really early past O yet. Ninja Mommy just recently thought she was out and then got her BFP at 13dpo, after all of her tests were BFNs leading up to that, so hang in there!!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

September 22nd, 2011, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Being on Mirena can throw off your cycles so I wouldn't be too concerned about your cycles just yet. It might take several months for things to get back to normal. That being said, you are more likely to miscarry in the first few months after taking hormonal birth control. It thins the uterine lining making it harder for the baby to implant. It would be best to wait a few months and don't worry, cause you only have a 20-25% chance of getting pregnant in the best of conditions each month, so don't be concerned about that yet! Hope you get your last baby in a good timely manner!! Have fun with things!
September 22nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkorblue7 View Post
That being said, you are more likely to miscarry in the first few months after taking hormonal birth control.
Maybe, maybe not....don't get too worked up about that possibility. I had my mirena taken out and got preggo with my 3rd DS that very same cycle...no AF in between, and it was a successful complication-free pregnancy. Just my personal experience, but don't give yourself another thing to worry about and stress over! FX'd that when you end up with your BFP, it'll be a H&H 9mo with a sticky bean and no complications. Don't (or at least TRY not to) sweat the stuff that's out of our hands. BC effects every woman in different ways!

ETA: Just did some very quick google research, and it appears that the increased risk of miscarriage comes should you still have the mirena in or continue taking the mini-pill once pregnancy occurs. Most likely it'd be someone who unintentionally got preggo while using these hormonal forms of BC. It seems the risk goes way down once the mirena is removed or mini-pill is stopped before a pregnancy occurs. I don't have a ton of time to read more at the moment, but just thought I'd add that quickly to try to ease your mind!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; September 22nd, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
September 22nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks ladies. I know its still early but havin yhose bfn stare you in tje face every morning makes me sick. Im just gonna try mot to test for a few days. Maybe till monday. Although my dh did tell me today that my "ni ni s" seem REALLY swollen to him. He was shocked. Ill take that as a possible good sign. Lol this crap is just makin me crazy.

Oh and as far as charting goes, I do keep up with my cm and cervix position, but I havent started charting temps yet. I fig. If it dont happen this cycle I will start that next cycle. Nit sure how to do it tho. Lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search