Is 10 days past ovulation too soon to test???

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Hello. I am ttc #2. I took a first response 6days sooner test and it came up negative this morning. But then I also realized that after I took the test there was something rattling inside of it. I'm 4 days before my expected period. Is this too soon and do you think it could be a defective test since there was a rattling noise.?

With my first I don't remember getting a positive until like 1 day before I was suppose to start. But I want to know how accurate these 6 days sooner tests are!
October 9th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
While the tests may detect up to 6 days before your missed period, it's not likely for most women. Check out this website, which shows the % of pregnant women who got their BFPs on specific DPO.

Pregnancy Test Results for 10 Days Past Ovulation | Countdown to Pregnancy

At 10 DPO, about 40% of women who do end up being pregnant do not get + HPTs.

Good luck!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
October 9th, 2011, 11:23 AM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
You can test, but if you get a BFN that doesn't mean you are out. Good luck!

October 9th, 2011, 11:41 AM
NICURNmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
10 dpo is still considered early. Even though the FRER six days sooner rest can detect scant amounts of hcg, not every woman will produce high amounts of hcg at 10dpo for a test to pick up. If you get a Bfn, still doesnt mean you are out. GL! KUP!
October 9th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Krzybeautiful's Avatar *Jessica*
I'm 10dpo today and got a very FAINT line so I'm going to retest in the morning, but you should test just to see and then test again in the aM! I have 6 more tests lol so I'm going to test every day this week!

Tags
4 days , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search