:) Yep, trying.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2012, 01:09 AM
Here's my story. I just got married, on the 3rd of January. I'm 21, he's 26 going on 27 in March. We have been trying to conceive before we were even married. Well, we've got these thoughts. First he thought he couldn't have kids because of his prior drug use, keep in mind he has been clean for almost a year now, and I thought I couldn't have kids because of me using the Depo for about 3 years. We have been trying for months, we DTD multiple times a day, I don't check my temp in the morning, nor do I check my ovulation, I really don't know what to look for. We had thought I was pregnant once time, because I was about 3 days late, and my boobs started to hurt, and I started cramping a week before AF had came to visit me.

Does anybody have any advice on what to do. We've been trying for quite a long time now, and nothing I mean nothing is come up at all. Its making me so :\

Please help.
Much love.
January 23rd, 2012, 05:04 AM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
A lot of ladies have had really good results charting. And dtd every other night to keep dh's swimmers in good supply.
January 23rd, 2012, 05:35 AM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Charting and OPKs are very helpful in determining your most fertile time.

Welcome!
January 23rd, 2012, 06:50 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
how long ago did you stop taking the depo?????

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 23rd, 2012, 07:34 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!

Yes, how long have you been off depo? It can take quite a while for it all to get out of your system and for you to start ovulating again. I also highly recommend you start charting. You can get some basic information from the website fertilityfriend.com (you can take a little charting class and begin charting). But I also recommend you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility to learn how to chart. Charting is the best and easiest way to know when/ if you are ovulating. Good luck!
January 23rd, 2012, 07:55 AM

It can take approx 18 months to start ovulating on your own after your last depo shot.

January 23rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Depo can really mess your body up. I would suggest looking into charting, it can give you a good idea of whats going on with your cycles.

Good luck!

January 24th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishinfor2ndblessing View Post
how long ago did you stop taking the depo?????

I stopped taking the depo 2 years ago this February.
January 24th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hun, I would start by using OPKs, and temping with a BBT to make sure you are ovulating. That shot has caused my body to no longer ovulate on its own. After a couple cycles if you are not ovulating then I would call your OB cause you may need some help ovulating and there are meds to help with that.

January 24th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, Depo can really mess you up! I took it for about a year, but stopped because I bled for months on end and had the most horrible side effects! (The doctor kept telling me they would get better, but they just got worse)

I stopped it a few years before we were TTC, but was on the pill during that time. It turns out I did have some trouble conceiving, but I'm not certain that it was due to the Depo. (Though it really did mess up my body big time!)

Charting is a good place to start. Make an appointment with your GP (or OBGYN if you have one) to get a pre-conception work-up. Tell him/her your concerns and how long you've been trying (bring copies of your charts, or when you've had your period for however long you've been keeping track) and they'll let you know where to go from there. Most won't start looking into problems until you've been trying for a year, or 6 months if you've been dutifully charting, so don't be disappointed if they don't seem too concerned! They'll be able to give you some good pointers for TTC, as well as do some basic bloodwork if you ask for it.

And congratulations on your marriage! And to your DH too for staying clean for a whole year!!!

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?

Tags
advice , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search