After five years it happen without trying

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Okay, new on here. I really should be on the older mom's posts but for some reason, they aren't as busy posting as you girls are. Anyway, here's my story. Take it for whatever. I'm not selling any bull or hype or potion, just my story.

So, I have six kids. Five were all born before I was 32. I am now 46 years old. After three years of trying with my current husband, I gave up. We did the charts, temps, really did the whole thing. Long story short, finally took out a mortgage and went to a dr in st louis. He's a genius. He got me pregnant in six weeks after first visit. He said, use a donor, you're old. I did and am very happy about that decision. I love my daughter madly. I was 44 at the time. She is eighteen months old.

I decided to try for number seven, we have seven embryos waiting that are all perfect. Donor was incredibly beautiful, healthy, tall "breeding stock". So, in an attempt to get ready a few months ago I decided to drop the last fifteen pounds of baby weight. Did the atkins diet, ate a ton of nuts on this diet, cheeses, veggies, flax seed, lost the weight. Followed that up with a vigorous juice diet for a month. Green juice, home made. Spinach, kale, tomato, kiwi, broccoli, cucumber, mint, cilantro, mango, orange, lemon, ugli fruit, you name it ...it was in there. Bam, got pregnant.

After day ten of this diet, I conceived. Didn't try, it just happened. I continued the diet for a month. I conceived on about day 10-14 of the diet. Maybe it was the combo of both diets, tons and tons and tons of folic acid in all thing I ate. And they were juiced, therefore concentrated alot!

Just wanted everyone to know. At my age, it worked. Dr. didn't believe me. He thought I was hallucinating the lines. Had to go in and prove it. He said the diet may very well have given me just the boost I needed. BTW hubby is 47.

Tags
dietary changes , forty six , miracle , older mom , pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search