Waiting For Ovulation .... :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Hi Ladies!
I'm new here .... I've been scanning boards for a little while and figured I would join one to feed my obsession....
So me and my Hunny of 8 1/2 years just recently decided that its time for baby #2 We have one son whos 4 1/2 .... So I bought the internet cheapie opks and I am on cd 15 and still no sign of ovulation ... no surge i've been testing for the past 10 days and my cycle is usually about 31 days give or take a day or two.... I am going insane .... my cm is just watery where as last month I had loads of ewcm ... but I've been cramping for the past few days... I'm not sure if I missed it or if its around the corner sooooo confused ... this is my first time using the opks so I dont really know how my body works with them but I've been testing 2 to 3 times a day just to get a feel for it.... I've been waiting for the surge or atleast the ewcm but maybe I should just get down to it... we bd on the 7th just in case it was early didnt want to miss my chance.... anyone else waiting for the big O .... I would love to have some other women to talk to
May 10th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!

We're trying for #2 as well, and I'm also on CD15! I just got my first +OPK of this cycle, so I know that I'll probably ovulate on Saturday. (That's how my body works anyways.) Since your cycles are a little longer than average, you'll likely have to wait a few more days before you ovulate unfortunately.

Are you doing anything else to keep track of your cycles? (ie: temping etc...)

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
May 10th, 2012, 09:39 PM
hurray for you Time to get busy .... the only things that I'm doing is checking my cm and using the opks... I did check my cp today and its really high I could barely reach it ... and I'm not sure of the texture but I know I'm getting close... and I usually get one really defined ovulation cramp which is when I assume the egg is released and very minor cramps a day after that... so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.... Hopefully I'll get a surge soon... It would be nice to know beforehand ....
May 10th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds alot like me. I get some pretty major O pain for about a half hour or so right about the time it's being released as well. Sounds good that your CP is high! Hopefully you'll get a surge soon! Some people get shorter surges, so it's good that you're testing a couple of times a day to make sure that you catch it. I know when we were TTC our DD, I'd only get a surge for about 6 hours. (Luckily it usually started mid-afternoon or I might miss it!)

Not getting our freak on until tommorow night. We're dealing with some pretty severe male factor, so we're shooting for every other day to keep the swimmers fresh! (And again the morning of my temp rise.)

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
May 11th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Yea its actually really helpful... the o pain everyone thought i was crazy including my hunny when we conceived our son because i knew right away that it had finally haapoened.... it took us 66 months and we bd the night before i ovulated and that next day i had such horrible cramps ... i mean shooting pains everywhere it was uncomfortable to even sit and they lasted for like 6 1/2hours two days later my bb's got realky tingly and i just knew.... when i finally got the bfp my hunny calked the company because he thought the line was sopposed to be completely dark ugh men! .... are you using preseed i've heard really good things about it.... i'm thinkinng about trying it if it doesnt happen for us this month only because we plan on moving out if state next year and i really want my doctor to deliver my 2nd baby its so funny he delivered my little brother 17but years ago and my 1st baby the man gives me a hug everytime i go in for anything lol

6 months not 66 sorry
May 11th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I am trying for #2 too. I am waiting to o as well. Hopefully in the next day or two for me. My body is torturing me as I am on CD 19. I did not o until the CD 20 last cycle so we shall see this cycle. I hope you get your BFP quickly!

May 11th, 2012, 07:29 AM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm also trying for #2 and on CD 19. When I got pregnant with DD I O-ed on CD 27. This time I think I may have O-ed already. Wed night I had really bad cramping, which could have be O pain. Thursday my CP was higher and I had EWCM. Also, enjoyed DTD (Which that says a lot if you knew me). lol

I'm not really even going based on the last time I charted. I've given birth, BF, went back on BC and then went back off BC, so chanced of my cycles being similar to before are not high.

May 11th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome .... im excited we ll all be in the 2 ww that is of course if my body doesnt completely screw me over this month i try explaining things to my hunny but he just doesnt get it... i just started taking vitamin d3 supplements after having a few really strange cycles for me .... i went to the doctor and he suggested i get my vitamin d tested the results came in the mail saying abnormal which explained alot of things actually so i started taking right away... i go back wensday to talk to him ... of course ive been driving myself nuts thinking something else is wrong too but hopefully not ... he did tell me he saw ni reason wgy we couldnt start trying but we ll see ... still no surge or ewcm... but all the calculators say it could be as late as monday which would be cd 20 for me unless i missed it... ive been having a whole lot of crampibg that just stopped today so i have no idea whats going on ... keep me updated ladies its encouraging to read what other women are going through at the same time but o and teacher thats exactly what happwnes to me when we conceived my son i actually enjoyes bd rather then feeling likw a robot
May 13th, 2012, 01:42 PM
My DH and I are TTC #1 so I am super new to all of the OPK's. I am on CD 20 and nothing yet. I am hoping that it will happen soon. I did have some light cramping and soreness in my breast last week but no positive OPK or HPT. Maybe too early?? I'm confused. Any help would be great! Thanks!
May 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hi summary .. sore boobies boobies could mean you missed the surge maybe your already preggoa ... i know mine dont usually get sore tilk a day or two after ovulation thats how i know it happened ...how long are your cycles... i finally got my positive opk yesterday yay! I was starting to think i missed it and started getting light cramps last night and stronger ones today so should be soon two week wait here i come... oh and happy mommys day to everyone
May 13th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I was hoping to hear that. LOL Yeah, they were sore just for that day or so. My cycles are very irregular. I had to take Progesterone to start my cycle and then did the Clomid. Usually they are 30-35 poss more if I dont use Progesterone to help me. Congrats on your positive OPK. I am still testing mine each day and will do so until next Friday and test again hoping to get the BFP. Good luck to all!!
May 13th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! We have been ttc number 1 for going on 8 months now and I am only on CD9. I hope your stay is short and sweet.

Tags
opks , ovulation , surge , watery cm

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search