Vacation, Update, I'm back!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By muffin
  • 1 Post By lunaverde

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies! I've missed you all!! I'm back from my vacation and feeling very refreshed.

At the very last second, we decided that Seattle was a little far to drive, so we settled for Lake Tahoe, which is still far, but it only took 8 hours compared to 22. The drive went by fast, and I didn't have an emotional breakdown since we all talked and laughed the whole way there. We checked into a hotel, went to dinner, and settled for the night. Next day, we just kind of drove around. Took pictures of the scenery and took a hike up a mountain that ended in a big castle at the top. Did my foodie thing, and sampled little bites at a few little places, and went back to the hotel and watched a scary movie with the kids which was so fun. All four of us cuddled up on one little bed hiding under the blankets. Then yesterday, we woke up early and went on these little cubby things that were attached to a wire and took up alllllll the way to the top of this huge mountain with the prettiest view of the whole lake. Took tons of pictures and had some lunch. Then around 1, we rented a powerboat and rode around on the lake with music, and dancing with the kids, and snacks. It was probably the best part of the vacation. So much fun! Then today, we woke up early and decided that we would come home early, and spend the rest of DH's vacation days relaxing at home, spending some quality time while the kids go to San Diego with their grandma for a few days. Really looking forward to having a little time with him.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from our trip.

DH and I

My beautiful step daughter Maya and me.

DH and his son Kevin.

Me and DH again. The sun was in my eyes!

DH and his babies.

Family photo on the boat!

My amazing, beautiful, totally incredible mother in law.

The trip was amazing, but I did come home to a little bit of family drama. Seems an old boyfriend of mine is starting some problems with my cousin. We broke up because he was....well....an ***** pretty much. But he was always friends with my family, and we became fast friends even though I was very hurt by our break up. I put my feelings aside and understood that he was always a part of the family, and it wasn't going to change just because we dated for a while. Anyway, I guess he hooked up with my cousin's girlfriend, and there is all this drama because he denies it, but she confessed to my cousin, and now everyone is on me about it because I'm the one closest to him. It all seems very trivial and highschool to me, but it's super annoying anyway. On top of this all, I've been fighting with my grandma, because she insists on telling me how fat and disgusting I am everytime I see her. She also likes to ask me why I haven't had a baby yet, and what is the point of being married if I'm not a mother yet. She likes to put down the fact that I took on stepkids when I got married, and swears that DH is done with babies even though she knows that we've been trying for 2+ years, and also knows that I recently had a miscarriage AND a chemical. I love her and I know a lot of it is just that she's an old lady....she's old fashioned and there is no changing her ways, but it's tough. She the closest thing I have to a mother, and I just wish our relationship wasn't so difficult.

I'm also dealing with my losses still. It seemed like the second I walked back into my house, all the reality of my life hit me in the face. I had a good cry when I got home, but I'm needing some serious time to heal. I didn't realize how much this would hurt.

That's about it really....I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight, and slathering some aloe on this horrible sunburn I have, but it was all worth it. Even though I'm faced with some emotional issues right now, I feel very blessed and loved, and really enjoyed spending the last few days full of fun with my DH, my stepkids, and my MIL. I couldn't ever ask for a better family.

PS. Sorry if some old threads get pushed up to the top of the boards....It looks like I've missed a lot!!
July 12th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you guys had fun! Sorry you have to deal with family drama. That's never fun Hopefully you can have a relaxing few days at home with DH!!!
CyndiBear likes this.

July 13th, 2012, 12:14 AM
lunaverde's Avatar Hoping for #3
Glad to hear you had fun, Cyndi! I've been thinking about you, too.

So sorry to hear how family has been hurtful to you. I totally get that! Having pretty much the same thing on my end over here. We just both need to try and brush it off as best we can and remember we are strong and amazing ladies. The older generation will always find something to pick at about us. You're a gorgeous, talented woman and your DH adores you. That's where I am finding my solace right now.

I'm sorry to hear about your losses, hun. FX for you that you get your rainbow baby very soon!
CyndiBear likes this.

TTC cycle #1 - vitex, dong quai, epo, mucinex, vitamin c, B50 complex and omega-3 fish oil - BFN
TTC cycle #2 - vitex, dong quai, epo, mucinex, vitamin c, B50 complex and omega-3 fish oil - BFN
TTC cycle #3 - vitex, epo, vitamin c, B50 complex, omega-3 fish oil and pineapple core - BFN
TTC cycle #4 - vitex, dong quai, EPO, mucinex, B50 complex, omega-3 fish oil, flax seed, prenatals, carrot sticks/grapefruit (to help improve fertile CM) - BFN
Not TTC right now
July 13th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thankyou Luna my dear! It can be tough, but we're some strong ladies! I'm just blessed that I have such a wonderful life that DH and I have built for ourselves....Nothing is perfect, but I think this is as close as it gets. <3
July 13th, 2012, 12:22 PM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY! So glad that you were able to get away and have a fun time with your family! The pictures are awesome! It looks so fun up there! Sorry about the family drama, I know how that can go, but I am still thinking of you and hope that you get your beautiful BFP rainbow baby soon!!

My Ovulation Chart

July 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The pictures look like you had sooo much fun It is really pretty there!
I am sorry for all the drama upon your return

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search