How do you do it?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Babybear4
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By BabyX
  • 2 Post By BabyX
  • 2 Post By Lindz253
  • 1 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 1 Post By jl046100
  • 2 Post By Elly M.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How do you keep your sanity?

I swore to myself I wouldn't go as crazy as I did after I had my daughter, but here I sit, 9 DPO, with some ridiculous urge to pee on a SECOND pregnancy test, even though my temp dropped and my first one was STARK white.

This is our first "official" cycle, but 3rd where we had sex on/around O, knowing the possibilities. I got pregnant with my daughter the first month we stopped pulling out, with my son on our 3rd cycle TTC and now, we are going to be moving on to a 4th cycle and I am already feeling done with it all. I know that there are SO many of you who have been through SO much worse, tried for so much longer, dealt with losses and I just can't wrap my head around how you all keep yourselves sane.

So what's the secret?
Mary N Oscar likes this.

Last edited by Babybear4; August 23rd, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
August 23rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I have only been trying for this one month and I already feel like I am over it, lol. Not over getting pregnant, but over all the opks and temping, etc. I feel like it makes me so impatient! But I will continue on. I too, don't know how some women do it month after month. It is definitely hard and I haven't even done anything yet.

I've come to the conclusion I am very impatient. It took me 4 months with the angel baby I lost in 2005 and it was hard each month seeing that BFN.
Mary N Oscar likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
August 23rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Sane? What is that?
mrsb1029 likes this.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I'm in desperate need of some advice as far as this goes, too.

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

August 23rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Ok. On a more serious note. There are a couple of different ways to look at it.

1. After having a break down at around 5 months TTC. I think I finally realized that I needed to have more perspective. I try to look at the positive and good things I have in my life. If I allow TTC bring me down so much that I'm not enjoying what I have now would it really be worth it?

2. Every month is a new month. You cry when you get a BFN. You pick yourself up and try again. Or you don't. The only other option is to quit.

I hope that your BFP is right around the corner.
mommy_to_nico and Elly M. like this.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
This is my first real cycle TTC and that's a good ??? Because I'm right there with you guys
Loving my 2 munchkins & awaiting #3
Married to my <3 since 8/09

August 23rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Keep sanity? I lost mine and I should have been sectioned.

After 2.5 years constant ttc, tests, meds, early losses/chemicals and bfns.... I quit. I quit and fell into a deep and dark depression.

2.5 years ttc after dd. Knowing I did it once helped me but getting to the 2 year Mark again I'd lost my mind. My other half started having an affair with a pregnant woman, they are now happy with 3 kids and planning another.

6 months ttc with an ex ended in me telling him to **** off if he's going to start getting annoyed we can't get pregnant, I told him from the start I can't. So he chucked off and is now married with 4 kids.

I've been ttc 3 cycles... I have no sanity to lose. My last baby died and so did my hopes.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

August 23rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think coming on JM keeps me sane. Sometimes its nice to get out your frustrations to people who are going through the same thing as you - and then you move on and try again.

Good luck!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
August 23rd, 2012, 12:56 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
JM kept me sane too. Makes you feel so much less alone. GL!
mommy_to_nico likes this.

August 23rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think Claire and Audrey put it very well we've been trying a year to conceive #2 i got pregnant with dd on the pill but no matter how long I have to try I will keep trying cause I desperately want a second baby every month af shows I have a cry in private so my DD doesnt see then I pick myself up and try again and remember I'm very blessed to have one gorgeous daughter x
Elly M. likes this.
August 23rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mary N Oscar
Its hard no matter how many pregnancies, losses, births you have had....It hurts when you are waiting and waiting on that time to test and you get a BFN and all you want to see is a BFP.

It is easier getting on JM to talk to all of you ladies because my husband gets tired of listening to me sometimes about everything. He gets frustrated. But all of you all help alot.

7/23/069/4/088/5/1210/5/12

August 23rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think all of you ladies have said it so well. It is hard to not get upset and down, but like many of you, JM has really helped me. 11 years ago I lost my first baby 6 months into the pregnancy, and then it took 6 months to concieve DS after that. It would hvae made things much easier to take if I was on JM then. I had a MC 2weeks ago, and being here has been so helpful.

I think we take strength from each other. Even though we all have a different story, in the end, we are all the same, good women who just want our little bundle of joy.
Frozenoj and Mary N Oscar like this.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search