I'm a little confused...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2012, 02:14 AM
Hi everyone!

My husband and I are trying for a baby, but so far, no success

But this month, my period was 5 days late, and very very light, almost non-existant, it's normally on time, and very heavy. My breasts are also tender, they only hurt when touched, by me, the hubby or just accidentally bumped.

I've taken a pregnancy test and it was negative, I'm so confused, I want so badly to become a mum!

Can anyone help? My internets search has not shown anything...

Last edited by Shanski; August 31st, 2012 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
August 31st, 2012, 02:20 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Hello and welcome to the board. You have come to the right place for information and support.

How long have you been TTC and were on you on birth control before? If so what type?

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

August 31st, 2012, 02:30 AM
Hey, I was on the pill for about 12 years, I've been off it for 1 yearish.

We have been trying for a year, everyone is telling us to be patient, but it's so frustrating!
My family has issues trying to get pregnant, my female cousins needed IVF, so im terrified I'll need that too.
August 31st, 2012, 02:45 AM
I shou add, when period normally comes, I don't get any breast tenderness, just cramping.
Oh I'm also 28, if that helps any??
August 31st, 2012, 02:45 AM
Oops

Last edited by Shanski; August 31st, 2012 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Deleting a double post
August 31st, 2012, 02:59 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Normally after a year you can go to your doctor to see whats going on. If your over 35 then after 6 months they start doing tests.

xxx

Lifestyle can affect when you ovulate so the stress of TTC can easily affect the time in your cycle. Which in its self gives a longer cycle. The longer cycle could give you a huger progesterone than normal which would give you stronger 2WW symptoms.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

August 31st, 2012, 04:04 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The breast tenderness may not mean anything. I normally don't get it but every now and then around O or around AF they suddenly hurt. And by every now and then I mean once a year or two. Maybe your body is just as weird?
August 31st, 2012, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you been charting your BBT? That might give you a clue into why your period was "late"? Since you've been trying for over a year, it's not unreasonable to see a doctor at this point and have them run some tests. (So starting to chart at this point may or may not be useful to you, depending on your diagnosis.)

Don't worry about your cousins. Not all fertility issues are hereditary, so don't count yourself out just yet

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
August 31st, 2012, 10:21 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I would suggest charting your basal body temperature each morning and using ovulation predictor strips (opks) so you can better determine if you are ovulating and if so when and what your luteal phase looks like and to better time doing the deed.

All the women here are a wealth of information and very helpful so feel free to ask any and all questions that you might have.

FX that you get a big fat positive (BFP) soon!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12

Tags
confused , light period , trying for a baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search