late ovulation, late AF? TTC, need help!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Davis720's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello everyone! This is my first post here and I'm not 100% on all the abbreviations but here I go! Feeling a little defeated today, not sure if AF is coming or not! Usually have 25 day cycles, and just started keeping track of O time cycle before this current one. O'd at normal time for 25 day cycle previous month according to +opk, but this cycle my O time was later than normal...?

I'm still new to opks, and didn't know they worked better NOT using FMU (whoops, Rookie mistake!), so I only got faints around my O time this cycle (whereas normally they are blank for me when not Oing). Thinking we were expecting O in a day or so, Hubby and I BD! Since I wasn't quite convinced with my faint opks, I tried one again a few days later. This was MUCH darker, but still not quite +. I'm thinking that was me coming down off a later O, since opks got lighter afterward.

So now I'm 3 days late for what would be a normal AF start for my 25 day cycle, but on a 28 day cycle I'm still a little early. No sign of the witch, but getting BFNs for days now. Assuming I O'd late, I'd be 12DPO so...

Does having a late O make AF late? And since I'm still pulling BFNs on 12 DPO, am I out this month?

Thanks in advance for any help!
November 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
12 DPO could still be a bit early especially if you are unsure of the exact day you O'd. You could be 11 DPO which is still early.
Yes Oing later my AF later. The beginning of your cycle can change from cycle to cycle. You could have stress that delays Oing. But your Luteal Phase (LP the part after you O till you AF) should be the same every cycle within a range of a day or so. The average LP is about 14 but mine is 12 or 13.
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
November 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
thanks hopeful! I just get discouraged seeing everyone get BFPs way before 12DPO. Keeping fingers crossed that there's still a chance!
November 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There is always a chance till AF comes. If you read my post about my weird symptoms you will see that I am currently losing hope for my cycle but everyone is right you can't lose hope till the witch is here. And sometimes there are women who never get a positive HPT. So you really never know. Wait a couple days and test again.

When I get back from my trip up north this weekend I will be looking for an update on you. Hopefully I see a BFP! fxd for the both of us!

November 14th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Aunt Flo decided to show up! Thanks for rooting for me though =)
November 14th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awh man, well hopefully you catch the eggy next cycle

Tags
ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search