Why Can't I Be Closer to a Perfect 10?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jenn10
  • 1 Post By FishermansWife4
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.
  • 1 Post By Anitha

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I share this with HeartHelloKitty and hopeful_girl55 and thought I would put it on the main page to share with ya'll

I called my OB office today for the results on my Progesterone level because I hadn't heard anything from them all week. The nurse/mca called me back and said it came back as 8.9 (it was drawn on CD 21) and she told me that usually in order to ovulate they like to see a number closer to 10. She told me then that pretty much the odds of me having ovulated were slim to none. The reason no one had called me back yet was because the NP didn't know the results had come back yet. So now I get to wait all weekend long for AF to come and the NP to call me back on Monday. The nurse/mca said that either she would leave me on 100mg of Clomid or probably increase my dose to 150 mg. To be totally honest I'm not sure I can handle a higher dose. The side effects are just so awful for me and I know DH tries to understand but he can't. I just don't understand why my body hates me so much.I am just left feeling like I am broken and definitely heart broken. I keep repeating to myself, everything happens for a reason and in its proper season/time. Maybe God is giving me more time to take off more weight so I can be even healthier than I am already.

What hurts the most though is I was talking to a friend back at home and she was being really quiet and I could tell something was bothering her. She told me that she is about 6wks preggo but was afraid to tell me as she knows we have been trying so hard for so long. Deep down I am so happy for her and her family. She has had a rough year, they lost a baby around 6/7mos in the pregnancy that was stillborn due to the cord being wrapped around its neck.Then about 4 mos after that she found a lump in her breast, thankfully it was just a benign cyst but really had both of us stressing over it. So she deserves this pregnancy and baby. It just hurts because we both talked about how cool it would be to get preggo at the same time and have babies close or same in age.

I know that God hurts when I am hurting and doesn't like His children to be hurting. I just don't know what else to say because I was really thinking that this was our month and we finally had a good shot at giving our son the sibling he is begging us for.

December 14th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Jenn10's Avatar Expecting are first
Awe your time will come soon I've been feeling the same way I truly hope you get a bfp soon goodluck and lots of babydust
cutenurse24 likes this.
December 15th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Jenn 10. I really appreciate it!!! I truly hope we both get our BFP soon and can move onto September DDC!!!

December 15th, 2012, 08:08 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. I'll keep praying your body does what it's supposed to
cutenurse24 likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
December 15th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much!!! I am hoping and praying the same thing for you too!!

December 15th, 2012, 08:36 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
December 15th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Amber76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Amber76
I am so sorry you are going through this.

Katerina 01/10/07 Gabriella 12/29/09 2012 2013
December 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Super Mommy
How long have you been trying? (sorry...new here) We have tried a total of 2 yrs 7 mths for #1 and #2 and I can TOTALLY relate Praying you get your much-deserved BFP VERY SOON!!!!
December 15th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have been trying now for 14 months. Never thought it would take this long and always thought I would be done having kids by the time I was 30 (just turned 30 on December 6th of this year). Our son was a surprise, I was taking Yaz (bcp) and got preggo. After DH had testicular cancer last year I knew there would be bumps in the road but never thought like this. I am hoping we get our bfp soon. I also hope the other ladies in here get there bfps soon too!!!

December 15th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I'm sorry... I hear you about the clomid side effects. Luckily I am normally on a low dose. Can you afford to switch to injectables? They tend to have less side effects and produce better results. Although being that you haven't tried 150mg they will suggest that I would think. Did you have a mid cycle u/s?
I'm sorry I dont know this, what are your DH's SA results?
TTC#3 since Summer 2011
10 IUIs= one confirmed and lots of BFN
9/13/13 IVF#1 ( One 5AA blast)= BFN
11/18/13 FET (Two 5AA blasts)=
2/26/14 FET (Two 5BA blasts)= BFP!!!
Beta HCG 14 DPO: 181 / 17 DPO: 870 / 24 DPO: 16,051
3/24/14= We have a heartbeat and ONE sticky bean!
My blog

Check out Leah's cute newborn Hats and Baby Items!

December 15th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well here is the problem, I didn't find out all of the details about how closely I should be monitored with the Clomid since it is my OB and NP running that show. I had to beg to have blood work done. I didn't even get an ultrasound after I finished the 50 mg (I only took it for 2 months because then I didn't have a period for 6 wks). I begged for an ultrasound before we just upped the dose to 100mg and I was told it wasn't necessary. So this was my first month of taking 100mg during my cycle. At least the NP ordered the blood work to check my progesterone level because the OB wouldn't even do that. As for DH SA count, well he hasn't had one done since finishing chemo and having second surgery (and that has been well over a year ago). He won't have one done until they rule out me as the problem is what he said.I can tell you that it was a little low because he had just had his testicle removed a couple wks before and we had to bank prior to starting chemo. So I'm going to see what the NP says on Monday if I'm not feeling it I will just finish up the paper work for the Fertility doc and hope to see them towards the beginning of the year.

December 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
OMGosh it is time to move on! That is just unacceptable! You need better care and way more attention!
I wish you tons of luck!
cutenurse24 likes this.
TTC#3 since Summer 2011
My blog

December 16th, 2012, 02:22 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Maybe the fertility Dr elm give u the answers u need answered. I'll keep u n my t&p

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

December 16th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry...But I do agree that they need to proceed faster..thats a long time. They need to get your DH's SA done. I hope things turn in the right direction for you.
cutenurse24 likes this.

December 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much ladies. I have been doing a lot of thinking and will probably finish up my paper work and call the fertility doctor after I speak to the NP. The only thing that concerns me though is I don't think the fertility doctor would monitor me after I get preggo which means I would have to start over from square one and find a new OB office. Because to be totally honest as a nurse, if this is how they treat me while I am trying to get preggo, not sure I want them to be the ones responsible for helping me and deliver my baby. While I am a nurse, I don't know much about OB business but have learned enough to know that you listen to what the patient tells you and take them seriously. When someone comes into your office and tells you that they haven't had a period for 6wks and this is abnormal for them, listen. I wouldn't be such a worry wart but my grandma had ovarian ca and nearly died because it wasn't detected right away.

December 17th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Update!!! So the nurse/mca at the office called me this afternoon. She told me that the NP had seen my results and really feels at this time that my best option is to leave me on 100mg of Clomid and not up it to 150mg. She feels I haven't given the 100mg a chance to work just yet. But she wants me to return again on CD 21 for another progesterone level. Depending on what that level shows will determine the game plan from there. So I think this is just total bs!!! I'm obviously not ovulating well at all, why not just increase the dose? Oh well, onto my new game plan which is contacting two new OB groups and seeing what is the soonest I can see a doctor there. My biggest concern is finding a new OB who is down with VBAC and NCB. Because more than anything I want to avoid a repeat c-section, that was such a horror story!!!

December 17th, 2012, 10:56 PM
I have to agree that I dont think staying on that dose will do you any good.
What about switching after you get pg if you find an OBGYN to help you conceive?
TTC#3 since Summer 2011
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search