Question for everyone!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By Anitha
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By Adventuremom
  • 2 Post By HeartHelloKitty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey so I am going to get my vitamins today after work and I was looking at this Fertility Blend for Women by Daily Wellness.

Has anyone heard of it and has anyone had success if you used it?

All the reviews online are great! They say it takes about 3 months to be fully effective but a lot of the reviews say they were pregnant right away. So Idk I would like to give it a try just wanted to know if any of the experts (you guys) knew anything.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2134276
if you want to see what I was looking at here you go.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
December 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Never used it b4 but I have heard of it.

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

December 17th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well the guy at GNC said he would scan his card for me so I could 10% off so I think I should just go get it. lol That's like saving 10 bucks! Such a nice guy. He was like well its the holidays and I think I could help you out.
katydae88 likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Sam, I don't mean to be a negative Nancy because I know want to be proactive and take extra effort this cycle...but I honestly think taking any herbal supplements would disrupt your cycles. They usually help women with irregular and/ or anovulatory cycles, and PCOS etc. Since you seem to have regular cycles and you seem to be ovulating, I think you don't need them. DH may be can take some supplements to be proactive if he would like to try. Why fix what you know isn't broken....if you have temped in the past and have had good sustained temp rises confirming ovulation...I think you shouldn't need to take anything except prenatals and Omega 3 supplements may be...just my 2 cents....

December 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well part of the reason I thought I would get this one is because it helps with blood flow to reproductive organs and also CM. I have always had a problem with my CM. I thought maybe getting a balance of everything would help. I was going to get the prenatals I thought maybe this might help more.

December 17th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful_girl55 View Post
Well part of the reason I thought I would get this one is because it helps with blood flow to reproductive organs and also CM. I have always had a problem with my CM. I thought maybe getting a balance of everything would help. I was going to get the prenatals I thought maybe this might help more.
I understand. Nothing wrong in trying I guess. Hoping that this is all you need to see that beatiful BFP Good luck. FX for you.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 02:01 PM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds good Sam, can't hurt right?? I used Evening Primrose this cycle and it helped with my CM! I still only got one day of EWCM but I definitely thought my CM was increased in quantity overall, which is good!

FYI though you have to stop taking it at O because it can cause uterine contractions and therefore could be unsafe post implantation! GL!

***Thanks to Vicki for my awesome signature!!!***

1st OB Appt: 01/02 (6w0d) - Pregnancy confirmed!
2nd OB Appt/Ultrasound: 01/14 (7w5d) - Baby's heart rate 131
3rd OB Appt: 02/11 (11w5d) - Baby's heart rate 166
4th OB Appt: 03/11 (15w5d) - Baby's heart rate 150
Elective Gender Scan: 03/16 (16w2d) - It's a GIRL!!!
5th OB Appt/Anatomy Scan: 04/08 (19w5d) - Baby's heart rate 155
6th OB Appt: 05/06 (23w5d)- Baby's heart rate 148
7th OB Appt/Glucose Test: 06/03 (27w5d) -Baby's heart rate 144, Passed Glucose Test!
8th OB Appt: 06/14 (29w2d) - Baby's heart rate 140
9th OB Appt: 06/24 (30w5d) - Baby's heart rate 135
3D/4D Ultrasound: 06/29 - She looks like her Daddy!
10th OB Appt: 07/10 (33w0d) - Baby's heart rate 131
11th OB Appt: 07/22 (34w5d) - Baby's heart rate 140
12th OB Appt: 08/05 (36w5d) - Baby's heart rate 136; 2.5 cm dilated/80% effaced!
13th OB Appt: 08/12 (37w5d) - Baby's heart rate 145; 3 cm dilated/80% effaced
14th OB Appt: 08/19 (38w5d) - Baby's heart rate 145; 3.5 cm dilated/80% effaced
Birthday 08/21/2013 - 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches long and PERFECT!
December 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am always iffy about any type of herbal or vitamin supplements (more herbal than vitamin) because I have seen A LOT of women on these boards try stuff and it just screwed everything up even more. I have seen a few people that had positive results but they were few and far between. I say go for it if you are truly fed up and you have tried hard for like 6 months. but if you have only been trying for a couple months I would say to just trust your body and be very proactive on BDing and charting and temping and using opks and see what happens.

I took herbs from my acupuncturist and it totally messed me up! B6 - totally messed me up. So even though I have delayed ovulation, taking things just seems to delay it even more.

The choice is yours though and there is no right or wrong answer or action. Just wanted you to have all the info Good luck!!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
December 17th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Evening Primrose is unsafe for implantation? Or the Fertility Blend?
I have been seriously trying for 5 cycles but off BC for 8. So idk. Its been a while but my doctor won't do anything till I have been trying a full year.
And any advice is well appreciated. So since I guess it can't hurt I will try it.
And this has Vitex or Chasteberry or w.e in it, is that safe for after ovulation?

December 17th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Adventuremom's Avatar Leah
I do know they say to stop ALL herbal supplements the minute you get a BFP. Some are not safe in pregnancy. I'm not sure which are safe vs. which are unsafe, but if you get a positive pregnancy test, stop immediately.

Some natural methods (like pineapple core) may or may not be beneficial - but are definitely NOT good for implantation (immature pineapple is actually used as an abortifacient in some developing countries).

I have heard (on message boards) women who are fans of vitex or soy isoflavones, but I would DEFINITELY stop the second you had a BFP.

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
September 27, 2012: 5 weeks, 4 days. November 20, 2012: Ruptured ectopic.

My articles: http://leahlefler.hubpages.com/
December 17th, 2012, 03:30 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I definitely wouldn't mess with soy if you are already ovulating on your own. And evening primrose should only be taken from cd 1 to ovulation.

December 18th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, Thanks guys!

I will just stop the vitamins/supplements when I know I have O'd.
I really hope this does something this month. Or soon. I just need something to happen. You know?

Thanks for all the advice, I don't know what I would do without everyone guiding me along.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search