Update on my Progesterone Level

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By HeartHelloKitty
  • 1 Post By Lindz253
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By Adventuremom
  • 1 Post By cutenurse24
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Update!!! So the nurse/mca at the office called me this afternoon. She told me that the NP had seen my results and really feels at this time that my best option is to leave me on 100mg of Clomid and not up it to 150mg. She feels I haven't given the 100mg a chance to work just yet. But she wants me to return again on CD 21 for another progesterone level. Depending on what that level shows will determine the game plan from there. So I think this is just total bs!!! I'm obviously not ovulating well at all, why not just increase the dose? Oh well, onto my new game plan which is contacting two new OB groups and seeing what is the soonest I can see a doctor there. My biggest concern is finding a new OB who is down with VBAC and NCB. Because more than anything I want to avoid a repeat c-section, that was such a horror story!!!

December 18th, 2012, 04:33 AM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Def sounds like a plan. What's NCB?

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

December 18th, 2012, 05:16 AM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Natural child birth. If your new ob office has multiple doctors be sure they are all on board with VBAC and NCB. Most of the doctors at my last practice were great but the one on call the night I gave birth was a jerk who laughed at my birth plan and freaked me out until I ended up with a c-section because I didn't know any better.
cutenurse24 likes this.

December 18th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That stinks she didn't up your dose. I would want mine upped too if I didn't think it was working....but then again Im not a doctor - but I know what it feels like to be tired of waiting and just want things to happen. Good luck with finding a new OB!
cutenurse24 likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
December 18th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That really sucks hon. I hate that they aren't being proactive enough.

Hopefully you find a great OB. I think I need to start looking for another one. I am not too comfortable with mine.
cutenurse24 likes this.
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
December 18th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Adventuremom's Avatar Leah
I hope you can find a really great, proactive OB who will help you get a stronger ovulation AND be on board for a VBAC. I have never had a Caesarian section, but my surgery for the ectopic made me feel so badly for C-sec mamas. Recovering from surgery and caring for a baby at the same time has to be really hard - I was fortunate that mine were both natural and I was up and about soon after having them. xoxo
cutenurse24 likes this.

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
September 27, 2012: 5 weeks, 4 days. November 20, 2012: Ruptured ectopic.

My articles: http://leahlefler.hubpages.com/
December 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies for your comment, love, and support!!!

swtneka I am hoping that a new OB will help unlock the doors and help me put more of the pieces together as to why we have been having such a hard time getting preggo this time around.

HeartHelloKitty I was kinda in the same boat that you were in. I was induced and let them break my water way too early. Had I known better I would have put that off a little longer and maybe would have avoided the c-section all together. Oh well, shoulda woulda coulda. Hoping next time goes better for both of us. The weird thing with the current practice I am at now, there are at least 8 OBs and 3 NPs you would see one OB the whole pregnancy but when you go into labor, an OB that you have never met could be the one that delivers your baby. I am so not down with that.

Lindz253 I do think it is crazy she didn't just up the dose. So frustrating for me!!! I guess it just struck me as odd and funny that she is worried about overstimulating me even though no one has done an ultrasound to check my ovaries out to make sure they are ok. I am really hoping that the new OB I find will be down with watching me a little more closely and not just willy nilly let me take pills and not monitor me.

hopeful_girl55 I am sorry that your OB isn't being very proactive either. The best advice I got about finding an OB is contact the local hospital l&d delivery unit as well as post partum unit and find out who the nurses like. I didn't do that this time around at first and am now doing it and it is paying off.

Adventuremom C-section was awful!!! Especially since it made my BP bottom out a couple of times which made me sick. Oh the best part I was on the table for the c-section and I could feel everything. They had to stop and rebolus me because apparently the epidural didn't take. I am definitely hoping that I can find a new OB who is on board with me.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

December 18th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I am definitely going to start looking. I don't want to have to do that when I get my BFP! lol
cutenurse24 likes this.
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search