knowledge is power

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By love_laughter_lullabies
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 08:02 AM
My mom bought me this book (YOU: HAVING A BABY The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy) a few days ago, and it is full of great information. I have learned so much already in just the little bit that I have read. I'm not reading it cover to cover...I'm just flipping to the parts of pregnancy that I'm unsure of or that scare me (morning sickness, labor)...and after reading about them, I feel much calmer about the whole thing. It's a lot less intimidating when you know all the facts. I never saw myself as the one who would be reading pregnancy books prior to becoming pregnant, but I think I might start adding to my one book collection soon

So has anyone else read it? If you haven't I highly recommend it

Also...do you have any book recommendations??
Lucy S. likes this.

January 1st, 2013, 02:47 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I haven't read that one... Good for you tho

Welcome to Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a must for TTC! And for anyone!
HeartHelloKitty likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

January 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have not read the book that you suggested but have read some other books along the lines of pregnancy that were humorous and helped take some of the serious edge of ttc.

The Conception Chronicles:The Uncensored Truth About Sex, Love, & Marriage When You're Trying to Get Pregnant

The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant

January 2nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
Adventuremom's Avatar Leah
I liked funny books, too - Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs was pretty funny.

I had What to Expect When You're Expecting, which is one of the standards.

I haven't read this one, but it has good reviews... so maybe worth a read - The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy (by Vicki Iovine).

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
September 27, 2012: 5 weeks, 4 days. November 20, 2012: Ruptured ectopic.

My articles: http://leahlefler.hubpages.com/
January 2nd, 2013, 07:29 AM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a little crunchy when it comes to child bearing and raising, but this is my ultimate source of empowerment: Birth Without Fear - Empowering Women to Make Informed Choices About Pregnancy and Birth

Nothing seems scary about birth when I read these ladies stories, and have my own to share Knowledge is definitely power!

I read the WTE book while I was pregnant too but I had no IDEA what I was missing until I branched out into the "natural childbirth" world where they teach you a lot more about understanding what your body goes through because when you know what is happening it is a lot less scary, and less scary for me also equated to less painful.
January 2nd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Adventuremom's Avatar Leah
And for FTM who are a little scared, just remember that people wouldn't have more than one kid if it wasn't worth it - I went on and had a second kiddo after having my first, so it couldn't have been all that bad (or my memory dulled, haha).

My epidural didn't take for my first son and I did all-natural with my second son. Yes, it hurt - but within seconds of the birth it was over and SO worth it.

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
September 27, 2012: 5 weeks, 4 days. November 20, 2012: Ruptured ectopic.

My articles: http://leahlefler.hubpages.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search