What a pleasant change!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Hi everyone,
My name is Sam. Brand new to the site. Was on thebump for a couple of days but couldn't stand all the snarkiness and drama. Found this site thru a random google search and am beyond thrilled. You all seem so nice from what I've read and seem to care about other people and their feelings.

I am 32. My husband and I just got married 9/1/12. We have been together for 4+ years. He decided we had to have a holiday season as just a married couple so we waited until 12/26 to "try".

I have been tracking my cycle for about a year using an app on my phone (womanlog) but I have a little bit of skewed results there from my BCP days. I am now using womanlog and fertility friend to track my symptoms, weight, temps and hopefully predict my ovulation.

Mostly, I'm trying not to get my hopes up about anything. My gyno is a RE so I have already talked with him about TTC. I have hypothyroidism and PCOS. He is very gungho for me and based on my irregular period history without BCP, is ready to give me Clomid whenever I am ready.

BUT, I had a period on my own in November and December! Yay me! My husband and I have decided to try on our own until May. And if nothing happens by then, we will consider Clomid. I have another appt for my annual checkup on 1/9/13 so I will go over this decision with my RE again.

Anyway, sorry to bore you all. I'm thrilled to be here even though I hope my stay isn't very long
January 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like a great plan welcome and i hope your journey towards getting a bfp is short and sweet!

January 2nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
BenzBella's Avatar Crazy Baby Maker
Welcome Sam!! You couldn't find a better support group than these girls!!! Hope you're not here for too long!!

Thanks to Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

January 2nd, 2013, 01:59 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While I don't have PCOS, I do have to go back for more blood tests to confirm if I do have hypothyroidism or if it was a fluke blood draw. I prob should do that tomorrow, geez I hate blood tests!! I would love any info that you have on it.

January 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Another Sam. Yay.

Hi I am also Sam, welcome to this board. And you are right, these ladies are absolutely amazing. I couldn't love this board more. I would be in the nut house if it wasn't for them keeping me sane.
I hope your stay here is short and sweet. Good luck getting your BFP and congrats on the marriage
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
January 2nd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Welcome!! ++ thoughts!
TTC#3 since Summer 2011
10 IUIs= one confirmed and lots of BFN
9/13/13 IVF#1 ( One 5AA blast)= BFN
11/18/13 FET (Two 5AA blasts)=
2/26/14 FET (Two 5BA blasts)= BFP!!!
Beta HCG 14 DPO: 181 / 17 DPO: 870 / 24 DPO: 16,051
3/24/14= We have a heartbeat and ONE sticky bean!
My blog

Check out Leah's cute newborn Hats and Baby Items!

January 2nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Veteran
Welcome!!! I am fairly new as well. After searching a couple different sites, I decided to call JM my "home"
That is great that your gyno is willing to jump in early, if you decide to.

My Ovulation Chart

January 2nd, 2013, 07:24 PM
Amber76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Amber76
Welcome! I hope your stay is short!

Katerina 01/10/07 Gabriella 12/29/09 2012 2013
January 2nd, 2013, 07:27 PM
Veteran
Welcome Sam! This place is GREAT! I sure hope you get your BFP soon! Happy New Year
January 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome!!! Hope your stay is short and sweet!! ♥
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

January 2nd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Adventuremom's Avatar Leah
Welcome! I love that your doctor is so proactive! I also like JM - the people here are genuine and the fake drama stuff doesn't seem to exist here. I have enough real drama in life, I don't need the internet-fake kind! lol.

I'm Leah and I have 2 boys, trying for a third child (which is proving more challenging than our first two).

I hope your stay is short and sweet and that you have a babbling little baby to hold for your next holiday season!

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
September 27, 2012: 5 weeks, 4 days. November 20, 2012: Ruptured ectopic.

My articles: http://leahlefler.hubpages.com/
January 2nd, 2013, 09:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So glad you found us, this site is great and the ladies in here are very supportive of each other. on getting married and having such a proactive doctor!!! Hope your stay with us is brief and you get your bfp soon!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search