Sore bb's 5 dpo spotting 8 dpo...causes?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2013, 05:57 AM
Hi there,

DH and I have been TTC for 4 cycles, and this cycle we BBDed a day before I ovulated and three days after.
I have had some very unusual symptoms (I mean symptoms that are not normal for me for PMS). I have a 26 to 27 day cycle.

CD10-BBD
CD11-Ovulation pains (normal).
CD12-nothing
CD13-nothing
CD14-BBD
CD15-nothing
CD16/ 5dpo -very sore breasts (until now the earliest has been CD 19/20 as a one off, all other times usually they start to hurt CD24). Extremely moody (again, a week too early).
CD16/6dp- very sore breasts, extremely moody.
CD 17/7dpo very sore breasts (moodiness has gone).
CD 18/8dpo-creamy brown discharge in the evening, only one time and only when I wiped (first time in my life).
3rd January 2013/TODAY/CD 19 very sore breasts (no discharge, no moodiness).

I know that the discharge I saw could be implantation bleeding, but my breasts hurting so much before the brown discharge is confusing me. If the discharge is indeed implantation bleeding, then surely the pregnancy symptoms/sore breasts would start AFTER implantation and NOT BEFORE?

I am wondering if there is anyone who
1) had sore bb's between ovulation day and 7dpo and got a bfp later on
2)had sore bb's between ovulation day and 7dpo and got their AF anyway and was not pregnant.
3) had sore bb's between ovulation day and 7dpo, and brown discharge 8d0 (ish)....and got a bfp
4) had sore bb's between ovulation day and 7dpo, and brown discharge 8d0 (ish)....got their AF anyway and was not pregnant.

In the case of 2) and 4), I am also wondering, what other causes might there be? I am not particularly stressed out, I did not drop my weight suddenly, and I did not exercise strenuously.

Any help is appreciated! Cheers!
January 3rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lets look at it this way- you could have already implanted and didn't get the bleeding until a few days later. You said it was brown- which usually means its "old" blood. Its not fresh. It could have taken a day or two to work its way out of your system.

They say IB usually occurs 7-12DPO, but that could be earlier or later depending on the person. Maybe you implanted early and it took a couple days to see the IB?

Thats my thinking on it. But it could also just be a fluke. Our bodies are very good at playing games with us. I *hope* this is it for you! But- try not to think too much into it- as hard as that is. Time will tell.

When do you plan on testing?
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
January 3rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Hi KellJoo,

Thanks for the reply!

brown discharge=old blood=implantation happened earlier was my first thought as well. Thing is, if my boobs are sore due to pregnancy then that would put implantatipon at 4-5 dpo, which I have read on various sites is medically impossible???

I am worried that I have some kind of hormonal imbalance.

Do you have any personal experience with sore bb's so early after ovulation (sorry if a bit personal).

I plan on testing two days after my period is due CD 28-29, because my cycles can be longer in the winter.....

January 3rd, 2013, 08:17 AM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sore bbs could be due to increase in progestrone levels also, which would occur before implantation. I had brown cm at 6 DPO, so it is definitely possible!

Good luck, sounds very promising!!!!!!!

January 3rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
BenzBella's Avatar Crazy Baby Maker
I've had pretty much the exact thing happen before, and got really excited. AF showed per her normal time frame though. Could be stress, fluke, or maybe a BFP! Either way try not to think too much of it.

Thanks to Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

January 3rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a medical expert and don't know a whole lot yet but my interpretation is that implantation can occur within a few days BUT whether or not it sticks is not medically possible if your luteal phase lasts less than 11 days. I could be 100% wrong. If it helps, I had sore boobs for like 2 or 3 weeks before I was supposed to have my period... which means it definitely had to happen before the implantation if it is impossible for implantation to occur within the first few days.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search