Considering OPK's this month and question.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chachartier

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 10:18 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started temping this cycle and I will use OPK's but how do I know when to start testing? FF say that my fertile period will be next week. How do I know that's accurate?

February 5th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Super Mommy
If you have a bunch of them, and they weren't very expensive I would start testing in the afternoon once per day starting the day AF ends and stop as soon as you get a positive. You will usually ovulate the day after your first positive OPK. This is why temping is handy with OPKs. The OPKs can predict when you will ovulate, temping will ensure that you did. If your cycle is usually pretty regular or after you've used the OPKs for a awhile and you notice you typically O around the same cycle day per month you can start testing with OPKs closer to your "normal" O day. Some women test multiple times throughout the day and for multiple days after their first positive OPK, you have to try them and tweak the way you do it to see what works best for you to catch your surge. GL

February 5th, 2013, 12:49 PM
chachartier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would test more than once per day if it is your first time, because if you are like me, I had a negative in the afternoon but it was just barely visible, and usually I have stark white in the afternoon (faint line every morning), so I was impatient and tested again in the late evening (9pm) and it was positive. It was positive at 9am the next day and then negative again at 1pm and never went back to positive. I ovulated three days after that first positive. I would have definitely missed it if I was only testing in the afternoon. I stick to testing twice a day starting on cd9 or 10 and then when it is a little darker I start testing three times per day. This time my surge was much longer than last cycle, at least two full days of positives.

Make a pregnancy ticker

February 5th, 2013, 12:59 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to ask this same question!! Thank you for asking it..
I just got about 30 tests and will start using them in the next few days!

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search