Intro to the Newbies

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cutenurse24
  • 1 Post By Believingforonemore

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Ladies,

I have noticed that we have a lot of new faces around here and I wanted to introduce myself to ya'll. I am Sarah Jane (30), DH is RJ (27), and DS (3). I am an ICU RN and DH is a firefighter/paramedic for a large city. We have been TTC for 15 months soon to be 16 months. We had no issues conceiving our son, I was actually on Yaz when I got preggo with him. We started actively TTC at the beginning of 2011 but had to stop because DH was diagnosed with testicular ca. So for 9 months we went through surgery, 3 cycles of chemo, and one last surgery. After the final surgery we were given the all clear to go ahead and start TTC again. So our journey has been a lot longer than I thought it would be. Then about halfway through this journey, I finally got the NP on my side and she helped me to come up with a plan. She and I thought if I could get the weight I gained since having our son that I would be able to get preggo faster. She also gave me script for Clomid and have me come in for regular blood draws for Progesterone levels. DH and I took a break this cycle (cycle 15) from the Clomid because the 100mg was making me crazy!!! If we don't get preggo this cycle, I will go back on the medicine and he will have his SA done. Depending on what that shows will determine if I have an HSG done or not. Whew! Sorry I didn't mean to write a book but wanted to say hello.

February 5th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Praying for a babe!
Hello Sarah!
Nice to receive some semi personal information to go with a screen name. I am sorry to hear about your husbands testicular cancer, so young. Goes to show you never know what life has in order for you.
My name is Britnee 26 going to nursing school. Currently work in dialysis. My husband is 26 and a maintenance supervisor at an apartment complex. We got married in may and he has a daughter from a previous relationship. We have been ttc for 7 months now and we are on cycle 3 of clomid, I had a uterine flush the beginning of the month. My AF is due here on the 8th.
Nice to meet you, if that's what you call it!

My Ovulation Chart
February 5th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blew86 View Post
Hello Sarah!
Nice to receive some semi personal information to go with a screen name. I am sorry to hear about your husbands testicular cancer, so young. Goes to show you never know what life has in order for you.
My name is Britnee 26 going to nursing school. Currently work in dialysis. My husband is 26 and a maintenance supervisor at an apartment complex. We got married in may and he has a daughter from a previous relationship. We have been ttc for 7 months now and we are on cycle 3 of clomid, I had a uterine flush the beginning of the month. My AF is due here on the 8th.
Nice to meet you, if that's what you call it!
Britnee Nice to meet you and DH. It is so true, you never know what life has in store for you. So far DH has been cancer free since his last surgery on October 19, 2011. We see the oncologist every 3 months for lab work and chest x-ray. There are still days where it seems so surreal that it even happened to us. We are very fortunate that we had really good insurance at the time and they didn't ask too many questions and helped things to go smoothly. Major kudos to you: going to nursing school, working in dialysis, and taking Clomid. I didn't do too bad on low dose Clomid for 3 mos but it was when I went up to the middle dose is when I really started to have issues. Hence why I had to take a break even though we found out last cycle that I did finally ovulate (my progesterone level was 33). It is nice to meet you too!!! I hope that your stay here is short and you get your bfp soon!!!
Blew86 likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Praying for a babe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutenurse24 View Post
Britnee Nice to meet you and DH. It is so true, you never know what life has in store for you. So far DH has been cancer free since his last surgery on October 19, 2011. We see the oncologist every 3 months for lab work and chest x-ray. There are still days where it seems so surreal that it even happened to us. We are very fortunate that we had really good insurance at the time and they didn't ask too many questions and helped things to go smoothly. Major kudos to you: going to nursing school, working in dialysis, and taking Clomid. I didn't do too bad on low dose Clomid for 3 mos but it was when I went up to the middle dose is when I really started to have issues. Hence why I had to take a break even though we found out last cycle that I did finally ovulate (my progesterone level was 33). It is nice to meet you too!!! I hope that your stay here is short and you get your bfp soon!!!
I have not had any blood work done. I wonder sometimes if maybe I should monthly to see what my levels are. My AF is due Friday but I don't feel any different then normal, I have been a little more gassy, idk if that's normal or something I ate? Idk. I have had 2 miscarriages the last one I was the farthest along, I had sore boobs, nausea an cravings. So I think AF is coming or I have a late implanted.. Idk? This is frustrating for me after 7 months I can't imagine after 15 months trying on and off.

My Ovulation Chart
February 5th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Cutenurse, whew! Girl you've had a roller-coaster What a blessing that your dh is healed and you guys are back on the ttc journey. I'm praying for a BFP for you! I'm 41 with 3 children and trying for #1 with my dh. This will be my 10th cycle so sick of bfn's as we all are. Good luck! I hope it happens soon for you!
Blew86 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Rae

February 5th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blew86 View Post
I have not had any blood work done. I wonder sometimes if maybe I should monthly to see what my levels are. My AF is due Friday but I don't feel any different then normal, I have been a little more gassy, idk if that's normal or something I ate? Idk. I have had 2 miscarriages the last one I was the farthest along, I had sore boobs, nausea an cravings. So I think AF is coming or I have a late implanted.. Idk? This is frustrating for me after 7 months I can't imagine after 15 months trying on and off.
Britnee I wasn't able to get my OB to order blood work for me. He just kept telling me that I needed to be patient and let nature run its course. I was lucky that he had to cancel my appt and I got to see the NP that day instead. She has been more helpful than anything, ordered labs to make sure my hormones were normal and rule out PCOS. It is very frustrating to try and figure out what your body is doing. Then you try so hard not to read into things but it is so hard not to. As for TTC so hard and so long, I keep telling myself it is worth it. I no longer test early (I did last cycle when I got my progesterone level back and was so disappointed) to avoid being disappointed and keep repeating my new favorite bible verse Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopingforonemore View Post
Cutenurse, whew! Girl you've had a roller-coaster What a blessing that your dh is healed and you guys are back on the ttc journey. I'm praying for a BFP for you! I'm 41 with 3 children and trying for #1 with my dh. This will be my 10th cycle so sick of bfn's as we all are. Good luck! I hope it happens soon for you!
After he was diagnosed and had started chemo, I never thought life was going to to get back to normal. He will tell you that we were obviously meant to be together because he would have never survived without having a nurse at home to take care of him. But still get a little nervous a week or two before he sees the oncologist. So far we are so very lucky and blessed. Really hoping that we do get our bfp soon. I agree with you, I am so sick of seeing bfn!!! I really hope you don't have to hang around here much longer and get your bfp soon too!!! You deserve it just as much as I do!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search