This might not be the right board, sorry, but I'm not sure where to go. =/

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess
  • 1 Post By chelseamb
  • 1 Post By cutenurse24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Ready for #1
I have been getting to know you ladies and it has been awesome of all of you to accept me and make me feel wanted here. (more than I can say for the other sites I've been on so... thank you!!)

That being said, I have a bit of an issue at work. There is a woman I work with that is causing me TONS of stress. We have to work together side by side ALL DAY LONG. We work in a very busy restaurant. I feel like all of the stress I'm under is affecting my chances of getting pregnant. We spend the 1st 3-4 hours of the day alone together. And by together I mean we have to use teamwork for our job. We make bread dough and pizza dough and we HAVE to work together and communicate.

I am 26, she is almost 60. She has been with the company for 9 yrs. I have been with them for 5. I have since 'taken her place' in the eyes of mgmt. They have turned to me to do the job she used to do. -i.e training, ordering,helping with scheduling, basically anything mgmt needs help with.
She is just waiting to retire and just doesn't care about her job anymore. So in turn I have to pick up the slack for her.

She is such a bitter person and it has turned into us arguing at least twice a week. I swear shes's 60 going on 12. Plus, she is negative constantly. There is nothing she is ever happy about.

It is so exhausting dealing with someone like this and I'm at my breaking point. I just don't know what to do. I have talked to mgmt about her. They talk to her, things are good for a couple weeks, and then right down the gutter again.

I'm exhausted and just don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks for listening to me vent.
February 25th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Stressful jobs definitely make things worse!! I'm a RN on a very busy surgical/cancer floor at the hospital. Sometimes I hardly ever get to sit down and people are calling me and expecting so much for the whole 12 hours! I feel so beat when I get home... I know that's how you must feel too. Exhausted... Emotionally and physically!!
February 25th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Ready for #1
Exactly. We are overworked for sure. They give us 2 ten minute breaks no matter how many hours. I know that does NOT help the stress levels at all. Plus she's a smoker, you know how that goes! My husband just doesn't understand. He thinks I just make pizza. He doesn't get that I hit the ground running as soon as I walk in the door. He has his own business as a diesel mechanic and works his own schedule! When I get home I just want to pass out.
I started going to school for nursing. I got through Med term and found a new respect for you!
February 26th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are having problems at work. I use to have this problem with someone I worked with. She was a constant thorn in my side and finally I went to management and told them that I was going to start looking else where if they did not fix the problem. Needless to say they fixed it, by telling her she could either work together with me or hit the road. Made me feel more valuable and I they knew that if i left they would be in a heap of trouble due to the work load I carried. I do not know if this is possible for you, but i sure hope you can get some relief Stress really does hurt TTC but then again TTC is stressful by itself.. good luck and I am thinking of you!
Orangebrittainy likes this.

February 26th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe try something that can help you unwind and forget about work. Have you tried maybe 10 min of meditation when you get home from work. Or a nice cup of tea. Or what ever helps you relax. I do meditation when I have a particularly bad day, it really helps me separate work and home and it makes me overall less stressed.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
February 26th, 2013, 09:17 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh boy... I feel bad for you hun! i hope you can get through this ok. But i know one thing, when its time to retire, its time to retire... There was a lady who always waited on us at the restraunt we frequent. she just kinda moseys around... and brings our food whenever she wants... she doesnt come to ask if we need refills ever... and is moody and angry... so ... she never gets a tip! unfortunately i used to work in the service industry as well and if I didnt perform my job the way i was supposed to i didnt get tipped as well!!!

I hope that managment sees this is causing more problems then it is helping...
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
February 26th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Ready for #1
Well good news for me my manager came back from vacation today and asked us how things went. I was honest with her and the 'problem child' , and after a long heated........discussion, she went into the office with the manager and decided April 1st will be her last day.
I have to say I do feel a little bit guilty, but I'm not the only one with the problem and I think that has gotten to her. She has the money and investments to retire. Her house and car are paid off. Her husband was a retired GM worker so she gets his benefits. (He passed away 2 yrs ago)I can't believe she's waited THIS long!
Now we just play the waiting game
February 26th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah it was definitely her time to relax and enjoy being retired.
But good thing for you! I think a congrats is in order. Hopefully less stress will give you, your BFP!

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
February 26th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good I am so glad that you were able to talk to your manager. I hope that things will get better for you now that the problem child has an end date in sight. I hope that having an end date in sight will help to alleviate your stress. Because stress can really negatively affect you and your fertility. I am really hoping that this helps and you will soon get a bfp

It is very hard to separate work life and home life sometimes. I definitely understand that, DH is a firefighter&paramedic and I am an RN who works in the ICU. I am very blessed that I have a 25min commute to and from work which gives me time to prep myself for work and time to let the stress of my shift out. Before I kiss my husband or son or talk to anyone, I get in the shower and usually and let the warm/hot water wash away all my stress. I hope that you find something that will help you deal with the stress.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

February 26th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Ready for #1
Oh my! I don't know how you do that!!

I do like her as a person, she just drives me nuts as a coworker.

I'm on cd3 Which is usually med for me and I was so stressed at work today I hardly even spotted. Once I got home and relaxed, it started up again! Sorry again I've never actually realized how much stress affects my cycle until I started paying attention.

All of you are AMAZING! so much!! You have no idea how much your feedback means to me. The last site I was on, I had a question about CP and one of the ladies had the audacity to tell me I was just "taking up space" Is that a joke!?!?!?! Everyone here is awesome
February 26th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I totally understand about liking someone but can't stand them when you are working together. Like I said before just don't want you to be so stressed out. It is hard to find that balance but it sounds like you will be able to once your co-worker is gone. The ladies in here are pretty amazing and so supportive. I can't believe that you were treated so poorly elsewhere. I can't imagine being on a mommy or mommy to be forum and it not be like JM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search