Struggling With PCOS was just put on Metformin?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Hey everyone,
My husband and I are trying do hard to get pregnant and wanted to see if anyone had success with metformin? I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009. Then recently had it confirmed with a endocoroglist last month. She put me on metformin which I've been slowly increasing.. I'm now up to 1000 mil a day and next week I'll go up to 2000.. I haven't had a period since last June, and I'm really starting to become impatient lol! I know its not going to happen over night, but I'm so discouraged!! In 2011 they also found that I have chrons disease so the metformin us not helping my already GI problems!! But I'm pushing through!!
February 26th, 2013, 01:48 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
here is a very weird suggestion but i gotta ask... have you tried going on the pill first?
I have had two friends who wwent on the pill when they were diagnosed with PCOS specifically to help to level out the hormones they actua\lly needed.. once they weent off the pill they both got preg.. one got preg the next month and she hasnt had issues since.. the other had a preg and mc... but originally her ovaries were just suffocating in cysts and now she barely has any because of the BCP... so her dr who told her she was never getting pregnant, is now saying she has a very good shot

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
February 26th, 2013, 01:54 PM
I was put on birth control when I was younger, and it made me very sick.. I asked the doctors about going on the pill because I have heard the same thing.. But she told me that if nothing else worked it may be something to look further into and discuss.. I just wish it would happen already lol!!
February 26th, 2013, 01:58 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah it sucks lol.. well just do whatever your dr suggests as long as shes taking the BCP into a possibility. my one friends dr did NOT ...until she brought it up at her apppt after my suggtestion.. mind you her dr is a moron and doesnt know how to diagnose a nosebleed... soooooo..... lol..
FX for you hun, its a tough road. I dont have pcos but i do have some cysts, not alot but enough that im in some pain occasionally.

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
February 26th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks Chelsea!! Prayers for you as well!!
February 26th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any experience with this other than I had a few cysts. But I just wanted to say I really hope things start working for you. I hope you get your baby very soon!
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
February 26th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Greek1128's Avatar Veteran
Hello my dear! PCOS, I was diagnosed with that too... glad yours was confirmed to make sure that is the issue. I am not sure why I am having long cycles, but I have heard good things about VITEX... trying starting tomorrow. My cycles are usually 60 days long, but I am ovulating.

My Ovulation Chart
February 26th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks hopeful!!

Wow Greek!! Prayers your way!! I've never heard of vitex??
February 27th, 2013, 03:24 AM
vitex vs. metformin? for pcos

Last edited by khassy; February 27th, 2013 at 03:30 AM.

Tags
chrons , metformin , pcos , trying to conceive pcos

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search