TCC after having my mirena removed.....

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I had my mirena removed recently, after having 2 in back to back for a total of 9yrs and right before that I was pregant. We have been TCC since taking it out with no luck. Does anyone have any info about TCC after mirena???
February 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had mine removed early last year and got on another form of BC for several months after that. I really don't have any information other than it took a couple of months for my cycle to regulate and that was with immediately going on an additional form of BC. Good Luck to you!!!

February 27th, 2013, 10:32 AM
THX
February 27th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
It can take a while for your cycle to regulate. I had mine removed toward the end of last month.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

February 27th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Beautiful Life!
Well, I'm beginning to really question the mirena anymore personally. I had it in for just a couple months, after back to back pregnancies, but it was causing a lot of problems. So I had it taken out and went on the mini pill again. I got pg but ended in m/c. Now this is our third cycle ttc. I know it's not really long ttc, but we got pg easily before, even on the mini pill, twice. I've been hearing of other ladies having problems after having the mirena. I would love to hear success stories after it, because I'm really beginning to worry. I didn't post this to worry you, just interested hearing other's experiences also, and would really love to hear success stories after it as well! Good Luck to you! I hope you get a BFP quickly!

February 27th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I have two girls from my first marriage. They are 9 &11 now. I'm remarried and we have decided to ttc. The changes I felt when I took out the mirena were crazy! We starting trying right away... Like crazy ( I had no desire to with it in) I tried like crazy this month. Monday night I had cramps , some would stop me in my tracks. Tuesday I had them at night as well. Today when I woke up there was a little blood, -and little traces when i use the restroom. My period is 9 days away... What could this be????
February 27th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my mirena out back in Sept, I was fortunate enough that my cycles came back almost right away. I wanted to wait 3 or more cycles to strengthen my uterus. This is only my 2 cycle ttc. So sorry I am not of much help, but I do know that it can take a few cycles to get back on track!I have heard of success stories after mirena, so don't give up or stress. I know I googled it and wished I hadn't. I am sure things will be fine and hope you get your BFP soon
February 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!

I don't have any advice about the Mirena, since I've never been on it. If you want to figure out your cycles though, I highly reccomend charting your BBT and using OPKs. OPKs can tell you when you're gearing up to ovulate, and temping can tell you when you've ovulated. That way you can time sex better, and it will give you more information about your cycles. (Like, why you might be spotting right now ) How long ago did you have it removed? I do know that hormonal BC can take awhile to leave your system, so your body might just still be adjusting.

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
February 27th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a friend who had the Mirena for about 4 years....took it out and got pregnant within 2 months. Another friend it took about 6 months. I think it just depends on your body!

February 28th, 2013, 05:05 PM
I had it out in Dec. I got Af in about 3 weeks, it was regular. I got it again this month on the 9th, it was also regular. I am still bleeding from yesterday..... I have no idea what's going on with my body... I have no idea how to chart....
February 28th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I loved my mirena... My periods almost disappeared, the only problem I had was a minor one. I did get cysts that came and went but the pain was mild.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

February 28th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Update....I had an extra pregnancy test laying around so I decided to take it. Within a minute is was positive. I'm totally freaking out I've been bleeding for two days and cramping bad before that for two days. Talked to my dr, he said to be at the office first thing in the am...... I'm not going to sleep a wink.... I'm really scared. Any thoughts??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search