Romance

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By cutenurse24
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By Hope2Be13
  • 1 Post By GollyMolly
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess
  • 1 Post By bella88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Ladies,

What is the last romantic gesture that DH, DF, SO
has done for you in the past week??

What gesture have you done for him in the past week?

What is your favorite thing to do when you have a date night??

Do you both pick together what to do for date night or
do you switch who picks what you do??

Just wanting to make sure that you take care of yourself and relationships
and not let TTC take over your lives. Because it is so easy to get
wrapped up in TTC and forget why you are doing this.

bella88 likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 10:14 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brought me home chocolate

Made him his favourite dinner and put out candles and stuff because I knew he was coming home after a terrible horrible no good very bad day. Granted it got worse after he tried to leave and he got home later than he would like but it was all ready for him when he got home

Honestly dinner and a movie works pretty darn well for me. I do like going ice skating too

Usually pick together
cutenurse24 likes this.

Last edited by bella88; February 27th, 2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Had to put darn because d a m n is a swear word in JM land :/
February 27th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He made my lunch for work all week and he went out and got me a subway sandwich tonight because I was resting from being at work for the past few nights!

I cooked him some yummy food and watched a tv show with him that he loves but I hate!! Haha

We love to go out and eat (can you tell we love food!?) we also rent movies and we go to the gym together a few times a week

We usually both decide what to do for a date night. We are pretty laid back people so usually we are totally fine renting a movie, having some wine, and maybe some ice cream
cutenurse24 likes this.
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

February 28th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Super Mommy
Hey Ladies,

He cleaned the snow off my car at 4am so I didn't have to before work. Oh anf he brought homw my favorite kind of girl scout cookies last night.

I cleaned up the house and did most of the laundry on my one afternoon off. I work more hours and the housework usually falls on hin to do but rather than let him spend his day off cleaning I did it for him so he could enjoy his day off.

We're usually dinner and movie types but we both love going to see plays and musicals.

We pick together.

Just wanting to make sure that you take care of yourself and relationships
and not let TTC take over your lives. Because it is so easy to get
wrapped up in TTC and forget why you are doing this.

[/QUOTE]
cutenurse24 likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tonight DH painted my toenails while we watched TV

I have gone to a few a movies this month I did not want to see but he was so excited about

We are best friends so we bowl together, pub trivia, and just do random things. My favorite of all time is dinner out, wine and dessert at home, and then some snuggling and sexy time

We play our beloved food game in which one person chooses two places and then the next person picks their favorite and adds another place to choose from. If we both say the same restaurant twice then it is where we go That is if we have no idea what we want LOL We usually end up at Movie Tavern and can eat and watch a movie for around $30.00 with our military discount
cutenurse24 likes this.

February 28th, 2013, 10:12 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
has done for you in the past week?? He went out with his buddies and brought me home some wings from the wing place

What gesture have you done for him in the past week?given him an hour long back rub and scratch ... Running my fingers through his hair ... He lives it

What is your favorite thing to do when you have a date night?? Just dinneR, conversation, and coming home to dtd before getting the kids

do you switch who picks what you do?? He usually says "you pick" and I say the same thing lol

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
February 28th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What is the last romantic gesture that DH, DF, SO has done for you in the past week?? Normally I would have worked yesterday, but the weather was horrendous and I couldn't make it off our street, so I called in and went back to bed. DH got up with DD as he normally would and let me sleep in until he had to get ready for work (he already gets up with her 5-6 days a week because of our work schedulles).

What gesture have you done for him in the past week? Figured out how to make his new favourite dessert!

What is your favorite thing to do when you have a date night?? We like to "discover" new restaurants.

Do you both pick together what to do for date night or do you switch who picks what you do?? Depends on what it is that we want to do. Usually one person will just suggest something, then we make a plan to do it. We rarely get a chance for date nights out though.

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
February 28th, 2013, 11:03 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
What is the last romantic gesture that DH, DF, SO has done for you in the past week?? Hmm I guess the most "romantic" would be instead of going to hang out with his friend the past two nights he has cancelled to help me out. Tuesday to go shopping with me & baby and last night because I didn't feel great, but told him to go, he decided to stay and help me instead

What gesture have you done for him in the past week? Hmm I have NO idea. . . is that bad? I do everythinggg

What is your favorite thing to do when you have a date night?? We've only been out alone twice in the past 2 years. lol But last time, we went out to dinner after dropping G at the inlaws. Then we went home did it, went got the baby and came back home haha we felt "bad" lol

Do you both pick together what to do for date night or do you switch who picks what you do?? Eh I guess we picked together the last one we were like yeaaa lets do this!

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn
February 28th, 2013, 01:08 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol I totally forgot that DH dyed my hair for me the other day XD
cutenurse24 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search