Recipes

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 4 Post By cutenurse24
  • 1 Post By 2014 Offshoremama78
  • 4 Post By 2014 Offshoremama78
  • 1 Post By Hope2Be13
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 2 Post By Adventuremom
  • 1 Post By cutenurse24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Ladies,

I had mentioned some recipes to Gamer_Princess and thought I would post them up here for everyone that is interested. And if you have any favorite recipes you want to add please feel free to add them. I am always looking out for new recipes to try out

Angel Hair Stuffed Bell Peppers
1lb ground beef 11/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce 8 bell peppers assorted colors
8 oz angel hair pasta, broken in half and cooked
25.5 oz marinara sauce (I used tomato sauce) 1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper 1/2 tsp onion powder 1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1 1/2 c mozzarella cheese, grated salt & black pepper to taste

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.2) Remove the tops and seeds from the bell peppers. Chop the tops of the peppers into bite sized pieces (I finely chopped them so I could sneak veggies in on DS). Arrange peppers in a casserole dish with the bell pepper standing up.3) In a medium skillet,cook the beef with the chopped bell pepper tops until cooked through. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside. 4) In a bowl, combine browned beef and chopped peppers, cooked pasta, worcestershire sauce, 2 cups of marinara sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and crushed red pepper flakes.5) Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into each pepper Mix the remaining marinara sauce with italian seasoning in a bowl and spoon over the peppers.6) Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 30-40 min. Refrigerate any leftovers.

I only used 4 bell peppers and ended up with pasta mixture leftover and it tasted fine on its own. So delicious!!!

This is my go to sauce for spaghetti, lasgna, and or baked ziti
1 to 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef 1 medium sweet onion finely chopped
2-29oz cans of tomato sauce 1 tsp basil 1 tsp italian seasoning
2-3 tsps of oregano leaves (I usually add a little more after it has had some time to cook) 1/4-1/2 tsp minced garlic salt&black pepper to taste

Brown the ground beef and onion. Drain and then add the remaining ingredients listed above. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30-60min.

Not only do I usually add a touch more of oregano, basil, minced garlic, and italian seasoning.

Chicken Loraine
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6-8 boneless skinless chicken tenders
1 tbsp white vinegar 2-16 oz cans of chicken broth
1 sm white or yellow onion finely chopped
minced garlic (don't use more than 2 cloves)
3-4 chicken gravy mixes black pepper to taste

Spray large deep cooking pot/pan with non-stick spray and turn it on medium on the stove top. Add the chicken and onion to the pan. You want the chicken to be white on both sides before you add the broth. Once chicken is white on both sides, add the chicken broth, black pepper, minced garlic, white vinegar. (You made need a little more chicken broth as you want the chicken to be totally covered) You want to bring this mixture to a boil and once brought to a boil then turn down to medium low. I usually let this mixture cook on the stove top for a good 30-45min. The chicken is usually very tender and begins to fall apart. Then I slowly one gravy mix at a time to make sure it is all incorporated before adding another mix. I use a whisk to help make sure I don't end up with lumps in the gravy.

I serve this with those steamfresh bags that already has the rice and veggies mixed in (veggies like peas, carrots, and corn). It is so good and one of our son's favorite meals. I also serve it with croissants.

Mongolian Beef/Mongolian Chicken
Marinade: 1 lb of flank steak or sirloin steak cut into thin strips (or 1 lb of chicken cut into chunks) In a sealable plastic bag knead together the meat and the following ingredients: 3 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp corn starch 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable/peanut oil 2 tsp sugar 1/2 tsp salt 2 dashes of white pepper (you can use black pepper instead). Then let this sit in the fridge for at least an hour, the longer you let it marinade the better it tastes.

Sauce: 2 tsp of vegetable oil 1/2 tsp minced ginger 1 tbsp chopped or minced garlic 1/2 c soy sauce 1/2 c water 3/4 c dark brown sugar (I only use 1/2 c though otherwise it is too sweet)

Make sauce by heating vegetable oil in a medium sauce pan over med/low heat. Don't get the oil too hot or you'll get a major splatter when adding liquids. Add ginger and garlic to the pan and quickly add the liquids (soy sauce and water), then raise the heat to medium. Add the brown sugar to the liquid and boil the sauce for 2-3 min or until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat.

Preparing to cook the beef or chicken: I spray my pan with non-stick spray and take the meat out of the bag and cook the meat on medium heat until it is done (should only take a few minutes or so). If the meat starts to stick then I slowly add some of sauce above but not all of it at once. Once the meat is done, I add some thinly sliced onions, match stick carrots, pea pods, broccoli etc. and make sure those are cooked to my liking. I then add the rest of the sauce and half of a mongolian beef mix packet when adding this to the mixture make sure you use a small strainer otherwise it will be super spicy (I let some of the spices in but not all of them because then it is so spicy)until the sauce thickens up and serve over rice. (The Mongolian Beef Mix is made by a company called Sun Bird, I can only find it when I go to my parents home in Ohio. Here is their website Sun-Bird® Asian Seasonings. Asian cooking with seasoning mixes and sauce mixes. » Seasonings )

I serve this over rice or noodles. I usually serve this with either store bought or homemade chicken egg rolls (I promise that recipe will follow tomorrow). I also like to have some nuttiness to this, so I put a handful of roasted peanuts over my serving/portion.

Sorry ladies, I am getting tired and will add some more recipes tomorrow. Have a sick kiddo in the house (pretty sure he has strep throat) and trying to get back in the swing of things after not sleeping very well last night. I think I am also just a little frustrated because I haven't had sex in over a week and it is driving me crazy!!! I think if we just had sex already then AF would come already!!!! Sorry for my side note rant there I also apologize if anything is misspelled for whatever reason right now, my fingers don't want to type the right keys on the keyboard.

Love Ya'll
Sarah Jane

Last edited by cutenurse24; March 4th, 2013 at 08:47 PM.
March 4th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Beautiful Life!
I love recipes and recipe swapping! Only issue with us is my son has food allergies. The worst of them is to garlic and corn.

March 4th, 2013, 09:40 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have tons of recipes.. It is what I do.. I love to cook
And some day I will go to school for cooking...as soon
As I am not mobile I will post some..
cutenurse24 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
March 4th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Ok here are a few from me!!!

(Zupa Toscana) *like* Soup
Ingredients:
• 3/4 cup onions, diced 1/8 inch
• 6-8 slices bacon, 1/4-inch diced
• 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
• 1 ounce chicken bouillon
• 1 quart water
• 2 large yellow potatoes (Yukon Gold are sufficient), cut in half length-wise, then cut in 1/4-inch slices
• 2 cups cavallo greens (kale can be substituted), cut in half, then sliced into 1/16-inch strips
• 1 1/2 cups sausage spicy cooked and crumbled
• 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions:
Place sausage link onto sheet pan and bake in 300 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
Place onions and bacon into 3 to 4 quart saucepan and cook onions over medium heat until the onions are almost clear. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add chicken bouillon, water and potatoes, bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients then simmer for 5 more minutes and serve.
serves/makes 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BIG AND CHEWY OATMEAL COOKIES

INGREDIENTS
• 1 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted (optional)
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon allspice
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 6 cups old-fashioned oats, not instant or quick-cook
• 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 4 cups light brown sugar
• 4 eggs
• 2 cup (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
• 2 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoon vegetable shortening

INSTRUCTIONS
Position one oven rack in the center and another in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F.
Grease 2 large baking sheets with 2 teaspoons each of the vegetable shortening. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar together at medium speed until very light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Turn the mixer off before adding the eggs and vanilla extract, then beat until thoroughly combined.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg and stir to combine.
With the mixer turned off, add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until dry ingredients are just combined, about 1 minute. Turn the mixer off.
Add the walnuts, if desired, and mix at low speed until just combined.
Using a 1/4-cup measure, scoop the cookie dough into 24 Heaping equal portions and place 12 of the dough balls 2 inches apart on each of the prepared baking sheets. Press the dough down
slightly with your hands or the back of a spoon. You will need to do this twice..
Using oven mitts or pot holders, transfer the baking sheets to the oven and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, exchanging positions of baking sheets after 10 minutes. (Top rack, Bottom rack)
Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheets from the oven and set aside on wire racks for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies are almost completely cooled. Remove the sheets
from the racks.
Using a metal spatula, transfer the cookies from the baking sheets to the wire racks to allow them to finish cooling. Be careful-these cookies are fragile while they're warm.

YIELD: 48 extra-large cookies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Ingredients:
• 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
• 1/4 cup butter melted
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese softened
• 6 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 3/4 cup sour cream , divided
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3 small Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
• 1/2 cup + 3-4 tbsp. caramel ice cream topping
• 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar

Instructions
Preheat oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine all crust ingredients. Press mixture into bottom of springform pan. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at time, vanilla and 3/4 cup sour cream. Beat in sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon until mixture is
smooth. Gently fold in caramel ice cream topping and apples. Pour into cooled crust. Place a shallow pan of water on bottom rack of oven. Place springform pan on cookie sheet in oven. Bake 1 -
1 1/4 hours. Turn oven off and leave for 1 hour. Remove from oven and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Just before serving, prepare topping. In small bowl, blend 1 cup sour cream and confectioners' sugar; spread over top of cheesecake. Drizzle ice cream topping over sour cream mixture. Using
knife or small spatula, gently pull caramel though sour cream.

Makes: Cheesecake serves 10-12.

Queasy Cookies (Morning sickness relief)

2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 ½ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp cloves
¼ tsp salt
2/3 cup canola oil
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup molasses
1 large whole egg, lightly beaten, plus 1 large egg white
¾ cup chopped crystallized ginger
½ cup coarse sugar crystals

Sift flour, soda and spices together in a bowl. In another bowl stir oil, sugar and molasses until well blended. Add the whole egg and beat. Then stir in the dry ingredients and crystallized ginger.
Get hands wet and shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on greased or parchment lined baking sheets. They go in a 325?F oven until they are set and crackled, about 15-18 minutes. Cool on
pan 5 minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely. Makes 4 dozen.

Cookie tip: Don’t over bake! Unless you are going for a dry crunchy cookie, if you wait until you see “golden brown” cookies they will be too done. They continue to cook a bit after they’re out of
the oven. Always set timer for the low end minutes and check cookies. These will get little crackle lines on them when done, so take them out as soon as those appear.
If you’re doing the sugar crystal topping, use the egg white as a wash, and roll the dough balls in the sugar before placing them on the baking sheet.

Cheesy Chicken Rice Bake

Ingredients
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1-1/4 cups milk
3/4 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups of shredded cheddar
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut each chicken breast in half to make a total of 4 pieces; set aside.
Mix cream of mushroom soup with milk. Reserve 1 cup of mixture.
Combine remaining mixture with rice, ½ envelope of dry onion soup mix and 1 cup shredded cheddar.
Spoon rice mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange chicken pieces on top. Pour reserved soup mixture over chicken and sprinkle with other 1/2 of onion soup mix. Cover tightly with
aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove cover, top with other half of cheddar and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.

Chicken and Dumplings
Ingredients:
4 chicken breast halves, bone-in
4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
Fresh-ground black pepper to taste
***DUMPLINGS***
8 cups all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
16 tablespoons butter
3 1/2 cups milk or buttermilk
Directions:
1. Remove any skin and excess fat from the chicken breasts and rinse thoroughly. Place them in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and add enough water to cover, plus an inch or two. Bring to
a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat and cover. Adjust the heat to keep the chicken at a steady simmer. Make sure the chicken is always covered with at least an inch of water. Cook
until meat pulls away easily from bones when a fork is inserted, about 2 hours.
2. Using two forks, remove each chicken breast onto a plate and pull the meat off the bones, shredding coarsely. Discard the bones and any cartilage (it's not hard to find it, but do go through
thoroughly). Also check your broth for any bones that have been left behind. Return the meat to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and simmer, uncovered, while you make the biscuit dough.
3. Make biscuit dough: In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives or by rubbing it between your fingertips (pick up a bit of butter and flour, rub
briefly and drop; repeat). Stir in the milk or buttermilk just until the dough forms a ball; it will be quite moist. For maximum tenderness, do not knead.
4. Raise the heat and bring the chicken and broth to a boil. Drop the dough by spoonfuls into the broth, stirring once to make sure each dumpling is immersed before it floats back up again.
Boil for 5-8 minutes, or until dumplings are cooked through. Serve in shallow bowls. Also delicious left over.

One-Dish Chicken and Stuffing Bake
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups boiling water
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 cups Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Paprika
1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions
Mix water and butter. Add stuffing. Mix lightly.
Spoon stuffing along center of 3-quart shallow baking dish. Arrange chicken on each side of stuffing and sprinkle with paprika.
Mix soup, milk and parsley. Pour over chicken. Cover.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until done.

Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients
• 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided (2cup, 1cup)
• 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 3 cups chopped( or shredded) cooked chicken
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 small can of green chili enchilada sauce
• 2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
• 2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
Directions
1) In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chicken,1 can chilies, onion, pepper and salt.
2) In small bowl, combine, sour cream, soup, 2nd can of chilis and green chili enchilada sauce. Reserve 1 cup of wet mix.
3) Stir the rest of wet mix into chicken cheese mix.
4) Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
5) Top with remaining wet mix.
6) Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving

Old Fashioned Chicken and Dumplings
Ingredients
7 pounds cut up chicken pieces
4 cups chicken stock
2 onions, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
3 teaspoons salt
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions
In a large pot place chicken pieces and add the chicken stock, onion, celery and 2 teaspoons of the salt. Put heat on medium low and simmer, partially covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
To Prepare Dumplings:
In a large mixing bowl beat together the egg and milk. Add the flour, remaining salt and baking powder and mix all together. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture is crumbly.
Add 1 tablespoon of the parsley and mix. In 6 large spoonfuls, drop dumpling mixture onto the top of the simmering chicken. Cover the pot and let all simmer for 10 minutes more.
To Make Gravy:
Remove chicken and dumplings to a large serving bowl. Cover and set aside, keeping warm. Strain the stock left in the pot, pressing out any 'veggie liquid'. Return stock to pot. Combine water
with remaining flour, then stir into the strained stock. Bring all to a boil, stirring constantly, to thicken. Return chicken and dumplings to pot, combing all gently.
Serve with remaining parsley.

Olive Garden (like) Chicken Alfredo

4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Parsley (fresh or dry)
Pepper
Salt
1 pint heavy cream
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons cream cheese
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 package cooked fettuccine noodles

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to prevent sticking together.
Coat the bottom of a large skillet with extra virgin olive oil (2 times around skillet), heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips, lower heat to medium. Sauté until meat is no longer pink. If
you need more olive oil, now is the time to add it.
Pour chicken and pan drippings over pasta (don't scrap skillet) keep warm.
Let the sauce simmer as long as you can! (Please note the cream cheese is optional, I add it to aid in thickening the sauce. Olive Garden does not use cream cheese. )
In same skillet combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese.
Simmer this until all is melted, and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and Garlic powder.
Simmer this for 15- 20 minutes on low.
You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper.
I have done this with half and half, but we prefer the heavy cream. I wouldn't try it with plain milk.
serves/makes 4

General Tao’s Chicken

Ingredients:
***Sauce:***
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger root
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup cooking wine
1 1/2 cup hot chicken broth

***Meat:***
3 pounds deboned dark chicken meat, cut into large chunks
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 egg
1 cup cornstarch
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
2 cups sliced green onions
16 small dried hot peppers
Directions:
Mix 1/2 cup cornstarch with water. Add garlic, ginger, sugar, 1/2 cup soy sauce, vinegar, wine, chicken. Stir until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until needed. In separate bowl, mix chicken, 1/4 cup
soy sauce and white pepper. Stir in egg. Add 1 cup cornstarch and mix until chicken pieces are coated evenly. Add cup of vegetable oil to help separate chicken pieces. Divide chicken into small
quantities and deep-fry at 350 degrees until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Place a small amount of oil in wok and heat until wok is hot. Add onions and peppers and stir-fry briefly. Stir sauce and
add to wok. Place chicken in sauce and cook until sauce thickens.

Chicken Fried Chicken

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts

"Egg Wash"
2 cups milk
2 eggs

Dusting
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper

Batter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper

Coating
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper

Country Gravy
3 cups milk
1 cup chicken broth, canned or from powder
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
Salt (to taste)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup cold tap water

Bring milk and chicken broth for gravy to simmer over low-medium heat (don't scorch).
Next, add garlic, onion powder, pepper and salt.
In a small cup/bowl, add corn starch to cold water and mix thoroughly until starch is dissolved. Increase heat to gravy and slowly stir in the starch/water mixture as it bubbles and thickens.
Preheat vegetable oil in skillet or fryer to 350 degrees Fat a 2-3 inch depth. Be careful not to exceed temperature to reduce the risk of fire.
Mix dry ingredients for "dusting" and "coating" in two large bowls until evenly mixed.
Mix dry ingredients for batter in large bowl until evenly mixed. Add oil, crack and add eggs, then milk and water. Beat by hand until lumps are minimal.
In order:
place the chicken breasts one-by-one into the dusting and cover both sides with a thin layer of product; dip into batter and remove (allow excess to drain); place in breading and "seal" in batter
with a dry, but not excessively thick, coating.
Fry immediately. Be careful not to remove coating from chicken breasts when handling and placing into the oil.
Fry for approximately six to eight minutes (time varies with equipment, amount of chicken and its thickness). Internal temperature should be a minimum of 165 degrees F.
Remove and drain on paper towel.

OVEN FRIED CHICKEN

1 tbsp. butter
2/3 c. Bisquick
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cut up frying chicken

Preheat oven to 375°F.
Melt butter in rectangular pan 13 x 9 x 2, in oven.
Mix Bisquick, paprika, salt and pepper.
Coat chicken. Place skin sides down in pan.
Bake 35 minutes. Turn oven down to 350°F if chicken is browning too quickly.
Turn chicken and bake for another 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
(Chicken breast will register 160°F on an instant read thermometer, dark meat will be about 175-180°F).
Makes 6 servings.

Chicken Florentine Wrapped In Puff Pastry

Ingredients:
2 packages (17.3 ounce size) puff pastry sheets
2 egg
2 tablespoons water
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 packages (about 10 ounce size) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
8 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
8 (Thickly sliced) pieces of provolone
Directions:
Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 minutes or until they're easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stir the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut each chicken breast in half. Coat the chicken with the flour.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken to a plate. Cover the plate and refrigerate for 15 min.
Stir the spinach and nutmeg in the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is hot, stirring often.
Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14-inch square. Cut the pastry sheet into 7x14-inch squares.
Repeat with the remaining pastry sheets. Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the egg mixture.
Place 1 chicken piece in the center of each of 8 pastry squares. Spread each with 1 teaspoon mustard and top with about 1/4 cup spinach mixture. Top each with provolone slice. Roll and press edges to seal in the chicken. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture. Place the pastries on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastries are golden.

Chicken Cordon Bleu In Puff Pastry

Ingredients
3 sheet puff pastry
6 boneless chicken breasts
12 slices Swiss cheese
6 slices ham
Directions:
1. Thaw pastry at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
2. Cook chicken in frying pan; drain on paper towels.
3. Pre-heat oven 350*
4. Unfold pastry and place on lightly floured board; roll out 1-inch wider and longer. Cut puff pastry sheet in half
5. Layer, 1 slice cheese, chicken, ham, and another slice of cheese on each half.
6. Fold over top half to form a turn-over and press the 3 sides closed with your fingers.
7. Bake in 350 degree oven 20 minutes until pastry is "puffed" and golden.
serves/makes 6

Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:
5 cups chicken stock
3 cups cubed smoked ham
2 tablespoons vermouth; (optional)
2 cups baby carrots; halved
3 stalks celery; sliced
3 large potatoes; peeled and cubed
½ bay leaf
½ cup frozen peas
1/3 cup butter
1 onion; chopped
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
3 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
Pepper
2 pastry’s for 9-inch single-crust pie
1 puff pastry
1 tablespoon milk
Directions:
In Dutch oven, combine chicken stock, ham, vermouth (if using), carrots, celery, potatoes, bay leaf ; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until carrots are
tender-crisp. Add peas; simmer for 2 minutes.
Drain, reserving liquid; discard bay leaf. Set vegetable mixture aside.
In Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion for 3 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly golden. Stir in mustard. Gradually
whisk in reserved liquid until smooth. Increase heat to medium-high; cook, whisking constantly, until boiling and thickened. Add reserved vegetable mixture and turkey; season with pepper to taste. Pour into 12-cup casserole dish, prepared with 2 pastry’s.
On lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 1/4-inch thickness. With floured cutters, cut out desired shapes. Overlap cutouts over entire casserole; brush with milk.
Bake on baking sheet in 400 F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.

Chicken Breast Stuffed with Sun-Dried Tomatoes

Ingredients:
4 (10 ounce) Chicken Breast with skin
1/4 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
2 tablespoons Pine nuts
1 cup Frozen Chopped Spinach
1/2 cup Shredded Fontina cheese
2 cups Bread Crumbs
1 tablespoon Melted Butter
1 tablespoon Chopped Italian Parsley
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Ground Pepper
Directions:
1. Mix stuffing ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Place chicken breast on a cutting board remove the tenderloins and cover with plastic wrap. With a mallet or the palm of your hand slightly flatten the breast out.
3. Form the stuffing into a ball and place in center of the chicken. Wrap the breast around the stuffing starting with one side, roll the breast tucking the opposite side underneath.
4. Season the top of the chicken (skin side) with salt and pepper.
Roast in a 400° oven for 30-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165° internal temp.
serves/makes 4

World's Best Lasagna

Ingredients
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
3/4 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup minced onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
2 (6.5 ounce) cans canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
12 lasagna noodles
16 ounces ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
4. To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.

Chili`s (like) Fajitas

Ingredients:
1/4 cup lime juice
2 Tbls. olive oil
4 cloves garlic - crushed
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound sirloin steak OR boned, skinned chicken breasts
2 Tbls. water
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
1 dash salt
1 dash black pepper
1 Tbls. olive oil
1 Vidalia onion - sliced thin
1/2 green bell pepper - seeded, sliced thin
1/2 red bell pepper - seeded, sliced thin
1/2 yellow bell pepper - seeded, sliced thin
Directions:
Combine the lime juice, oil, garlic, soy sauce, salt, liquid smoke, peppers, and either the sirloin OR the chicken in a plastic container with cover, or a zipper top plastic bag and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Discard leftover marinade.
Grill meat over medium flame 4-5 minutes on each side. Cut meat into thin strips. Set aside and keep warm. Combine the 2 Tbls. water, soy sauce, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside. Cook onion and peppers in oil until brown. Remove from heat. Pour reserved mixture over onions and peppers. Combine meat, onions, and peppers.
Serve on flour tortillas with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, and lettuce.
Serves/Makes: 4

Chicken and Noodles

Ingredients
1 (14 ounce) can Chicken Broth
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups frozen vegetable combination (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
Directions
Mix broth, basil, pepper and vegetables in skillet. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
Stir in noodles. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Add chicken and heat through.

Portobello Mushroom Ravioli

Filling:
12 - 16 oz Portobello Mushrooms, finely chopped
1 small onion, diced
¼ cup butter
Dash salt & pepper

Ravioli Dough
1 ½ Cups flour
2 medium eggs
¼ cup of cold water
1 ½ teaspoons salt
2 Tablespoons baking powder

Sun-dried Tomato Sauce:
2 Cups milk
1/4-cup butter
1/4-cup flour
8 oz smoked Gouda cheese
3 sun dried tomatoes, chopped

Garnish:
Chopped green onion
Diced tomatoes

Directions
Filling:
Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onion until soft. Add mushrooms and sauté for two minutes. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are fully cooked. Set aside.
Ravioli Dough:
Mix dry ingredients and eggs in a bowl. Add water a little at a time, while stirring, until it forms soft dough. Dough should be soft, but not sticky.
Roll out on a floured surface to ¼ inch thickness. If dough is sticky, sprinkle with flour.
Using a biscuit cutter or small glass, cut 3-inch circles from the dough.
Place a spoonful of the mushroom and onion mixture in the center of the circle and top with another circle of dough.
Crimp the edges with a fork, being sure to completely seal the ravioli. If needed, moisten the edge of the bottom circle with cold water before crimping the top circle over the filling.
Drop raviolis, a few at a time, into boiling water being careful that they do not touch in the kettle. When the raviolis float to the top, boil for one minute and then remove them with a slotted spoon.
Keep hot in a covered dish. Drizzling with a little butter or oil will prevent them from sticking to one another.
Sun Dried Tomato Sauce:
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour to make a thick paste. Add cold milk, stirring constantly to prevent any lumps from forming. Cook until the sauce thickens.
Add cut up smoked Gouda cheese and the chopped sun dried tomatoes. Heat until cheese is completely melted.
Serving:
Arrange raviolis on a dinner plate that has a slight indentation. Pour the sun dried tomato sauce over the raviolis so that the raviolis rest in a bed of sauce. Sprinkle chopped green onion and diced tomatoes over the top.
Serve with breadsticks and a fresh salad.

Absolutely the Best Chili

Ingredients:
2 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat, cut into 1/4" cubes
2 pounds ground beef
2 large onions, coarsely chopped
1 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 can chopped green chili’s
1 can chopped jalapeno’s
1 can (16 oz. size) red kidney beans
1 can (16 oz. size) white kidney beans
1 can (16 oz. size) dark kidney beans
2 cans (16 oz. size) whole tomatoes
2 cans (16 oz. size) crushed tomatoes
1 can (13 oz. size) beef broth
1/2 cup chili sauce
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cumin powder
2 teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon dried crushed oregano
1/3 teaspoon black pepper
1 bottle (12 oz. size) bottle beer
Directions:
In a large skillet, brown beef with 1 Tbsp. veg. oil, set aside. Repeat for pork. Repeat for onions, bell pepper and garlic. Place browned mixtures in large pot together and mix. Add other ingredients, except beans, cover and simmer 2 to 3 hours until vegetables are soft. Add beans and simmer 30 min. longer uncovered. Serve in bowls with grated cheddar or parmesan cheese on top.
Serves/Makes: 12

Southern Pulled Pork

Ingredients
1 tablespoon butter
2 pounds boneless pork roast
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
4 cups water
1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
Directions
1. Cut the pork roast into large chunks. Season generously with the Cajun seasoning. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, and brown on all sides. Remove from the skillet, and transfer to a slow cooker.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes until tender. Stir in the water scraping the bottom to include all of the browned pork bits from the bottom of the pan, then pour the whole mixture into the slow cooker with the pork. Stir in liquid smoke flavoring.
3. Cover, and cook on High for 6 hours, or until meat is falling apart when pierced with a fork. Remove pieces of pork from the slow cooker, and shred. Return to the slow cooker to keep warm while serving.

S.O.P.P.( sausage, onions, potatoes and peppers)

Ingredients
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 potatoes - peeled and cubed
2 pounds smoked sausage, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 green bell peppers, chopped
Directions
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the potatoes in the skillet, cover and simmer, turning occasionally, until potatoes are almost tender and a little browned, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the sausage, onion and peppers. Cover and cook for about 5 more minutes, or until onion and peppers are to desired tenderness.

Ham and Potato Bake

Ingredients
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
ground black pepper to taste
2 potatoes, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 cups cooked ham, diced
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In an 8x8 inch casserole dish, combine cream of celery soup with milk and a good pinch of pepper. Layer potato slices, onion slices and ham on top and cover. Bake for 1 hour. Remove cover and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake uncovered for another 20 minutes.

Slow Cooker Beef Stew

Ingredients
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups beef broth
3 potatoes, diced
4 carrots, sliced
Directions
1. Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, and carrots.
2. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.

One-Dish Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons chopped onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 3/4 cups Beef Broth (Regular, 50% Less Sodium or Certified Organic)
2 cups sliced mushrooms
3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
1/2 cup sour cream
Directions
Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Add the onion, garlic and parsley and cook until the onion is tender-crisp.
Stir the broth and mushrooms in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the noodles. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
Stir the sour cream in the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot..
(for freezing place in microwave save dish and cover and freeze, remove morning of cooking and thaw, microwave or stove top cook till hot!)

Beef Ravioli

Ingredients:
**Filling**
1 pound Ground beef
2 each Small onion, minced
2 each Garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup Minced parsley
4 tablespoons Grated Parmesan cheese
Salt
1 Egg
Water
**Ravioli Dough**
4 1/2 cups Flour
4 Eggs
1/2 cup Water
2 tablespoons Olive or Salad oil
2 teaspoons Salt
**Marinara Sauce**
4 tablespoons Olive or salad oil
2 each Small onion, chopped
2 each Garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons Sugar
3 teaspoons Basil
2 teaspoons Salt
32 ounces Can Tomatoes
12 ounces Can Tomato Paste
Directions:
FILLING:
1. In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef, onion, and garlic until all pan juices evaporate, onion is tender, and meat is browned.
2. Remove skillet from heat; stir in parsley, cheese, and 1 tsp salt, then egg.
3. Cover and refrigerate ground beef filling.
RAVIOLI DOUGH:
1. In large bowl, stir flour with remaining ingredients to make a stiff dough. On well-floured surface, knead dough until smooth and not sticky, about 20 times. Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes for easier rolling.
2. Cut dough into 4 pieces. On floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll 1 piece into 12 by 8 rectangle. With dull edge of knife, lightly mark dough into twenty four 2-inch squares. Place a scant teaspoon of ground beef filling in center of each square.
3. Roll second piece of dough into 12 by 8 rectangle; place over filling. Press around filling and along edges. With cutter or knife, cut into 24 ravioli; place in single layer on floured, clean cloth towel.
4. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Let ravioli dry 30 minutes.
5. In 8 quart saucepan over high heat, heat 6 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to boiling. Add ravioli, stirring gently to separate pieces so they do not stick together; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cook until tender but firm. About 5 minutes.
6. Drain ravioli; serve with sauce.
MARINARA SAUCE:
1. In 2 quart saucepan over medium-low heat, in hot oil, cook onion and garlic until tender. Stir in sugar, basil, salt, tomatoes with their liquid, and tomato paste; heat mixture to boiling, stirring to break up tomatoes.
2. Reduce heat to low; cover saucepan and simmer 20 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.

Beef Fillet in Puff Pastry

Ingredients:
4 pounds Beef Fillet Steak
6 Cloves Garlic
8 Sheets Phyllo Dough
Melted Butter
Directions:
Cut garlic into slivers and stab beef - push slivers into the slits.

Brown the fillet of beef in frying pan briefly. Roast 10 minutes in 375F oven.
Chill 30 minutes.
Wrap in phyllo, brushing between the layers with olive oil/melted butter.
Roast at 375F for 20 minutes.
Serves/Makes: 12

Real Homemade Tamales

Ingredients
Tamale Filling:
2-1/2 pounds pork loin
2 large onion, halved
2 cloves garlic
8 dried California chile pods
4 cups water
1 tablespoon salt
Tamale Dough:
4 cups masa harina
2 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/3 cups lard
2 (8 ounce) packages dried corn husks
2 cups sour cream

Directions
1. Place pork into a Dutch oven with onion and garlic, and add water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until the meat is cooked through, about 2 hours.
2. Use rubber gloves to remove stems and seeds from the chile pods. Place chiles in a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, then remove from heat to cool. Transfer the chiles and water to a blender and blend until smooth. Strain the mixture, stir in salt, and set aside. Shred the cooked meat and mix in one cup of the chile sauce.
3. Soak the corn husks in a bowl of warm water. In a large bowl, beat the lard with a tablespoon of the broth until fluffy. Combine the masa harina, baking powder and salt; stir into the lard mixture, adding more broth as necessary to form a spongy dough.
4. Spread the dough out over the corn husks to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness. Place one tablespoon of the meat filling into the center. Fold the sides of the husks in toward the center and place in a steamer. Steam for 1 hour.
5. Remove tamales from husks and drizzle remaining chile sauce over. Top with sour cream. For a creamy sauce, mix sour cream into the chile sauce.

Pork Chalupas (Mexican Style Pork and Beans)

Ingredients
1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
1 pound dried pinto beans
3 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons garlic powder
16 flour tortillas
Directions
Place the roast inside a slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a separate bowl, stir together the beans, 2 cans of the chile peppers, chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, and garlic powder. Pour the whole mixture over the roast, and add enough water so that the roast is mostly covered. Jiggle the roast a little to get some of the liquid underneath.
Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours. Check after about 5 hours to make sure the beans have not absorbed all of the liquid. Add more water if necessary 1 cup at a time. Use just enough to keep the beans from drying out.
When the roast is fork-tender, remove it from the slow cooker, and place on a cutting board. Remove any bone and fat, then shred with forks. Return to the slow cooker, and stir in the remaining can of green chilies. Heat through, and serve with flour tortillas and your favorite toppings.

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014

Last edited by 2014 Offshoremama78; March 5th, 2013 at 11:58 AM.
March 4th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok I'm soooo cooking some of this when I'm off again!! Y'all have me starving! Lol
cutenurse24 likes this.
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

March 5th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YUMMY! I need to get some recipes together too!! Will be doing that today! Thanks Sarah Jane
cutenurse24 likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am definitely going to try some of these. I absolutely love love love! to cook. But I am more of put everything in my fridge plus a little of this in a pot and vuala! lol I don't usually go by recipes cause I just mess them up any way. Except for some things. Like old family recipes.
cutenurse24 likes this.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
March 5th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No problemo ladies So eager to share and get recipes from others too.

March 5th, 2013, 09:47 AM
SOME More!! We should have this pinned so it is easy to find....

Moved up to post 4.. so I can keep them together...
cutenurse24 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014

Last edited by 2014 Offshoremama78; March 5th, 2013 at 11:43 AM.
March 5th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I will check with Whitney and make sure it is ok we turn this into a sticky so we can find it.

March 5th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Adventuremom's Avatar Leah
This is one of our go-to recipes ("Chicken in the Nest" recipe): Chicken in the Nest Chicken Casserole Recipe: Let the Kids Cook Monday!

We make this for dinner a lot in the winter time.

My favorite dessert recipe is this one (cherry cheesecake pie recipe - no bake and super easy): Easy Cherry Cheesecake Pie Recipe

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
September 27, 2012: 5 weeks, 4 days. November 20, 2012: Ruptured ectopic.

My articles: http://leahlefler.hubpages.com/
March 5th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok ladies so the recipes will be added to the top as a sticky like where picture girl is. That way we don't have to worry about losing this in all of our posts.

March 5th, 2013, 11:39 AM
YAY!! And ladies I still have a carp load more recipes.. I will try to add to the ones up top so they stay with my name....

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
March 8th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I promised ya'll days ago that I would post my recipe to make homemade chicken egg rolls and I am finally getting around to doing it tonight before going to bed.

The ingredients you will need plus whatever protein you want. I usually just use chicken but my mom sometimes subs in shrimp. Bag of coleslaw mix, celery, onion, soy sauce, and chicken broth. I also forgot to put a package of egg roll wrappers in this pic because they were keeping cool in the fridge until I need them.

I throw the several stalks of celery and half of a sweet onion in my food processor until it looks like mush.

I then add the celery/onion mush to a pot and add the bag of coleslaw to it too. I then add the can of chicken broth and some soy sauce until it is brown.

Once the veggies are all cooked down and soft (anywhere from 30-45min on medium heat stirring constantly) it should look kinda like this:

Now I put a small bowl in my sink and strain the veggies. The bowl should catch all or most of the veggie juice. I use the veggie juice to seal the egg rolls. You have to strain the veggies, if they are too wet then the egg roll wrappers will fall apart.

Veggie/Soy Sauce Juice:

Veggies hanging out in the strainer:

The egg roll wrappers you will need for the job.

Open the package and remove one egg roll wrapper.

Then you turn it and add small amt of veggies to the middle.

Once the veggies are in place, add your protein of choice. In this instance it is chicken.

Then you fold the bottom of the egg roll wrapper up. You can use the directions they show you on the package of your egg roll wrappers.

Next you dip your finger in the veggie/soy sauce juice:

Use that finger to coat the edges of the sides of the egg roll wrapper.

Once that side edge is coated, fold it over.

Once that side edge is coated and folded over. Coat the other side edge and also fold it over too.

Then begin to roll the egg roll up. Once you are getting close to the end/edge coat it with the veggie/soy sauce juice.

Once all closed and sealed up, plop it into some preheated vegetable oil. My mom does this on the stove top. I cheat and use my fry daddy. Since I have given up eating fried food, this gives me an excuse to use it

Once it has cooked to a golden brown on all sides, it is done and ready to be removed from the oil. Before I remove it from the oil, I place several sheets of paper towels on a plate and then place the egg roll on top of that. This way there is something to soak of up the extra oil/grease from the egg roll.

The I usually serve this with rice (white or brown) or noodles (the Knorr Asian sides or the fried rice from Rice A Roni). As for a dipping sauce I usually use La Choy Sweet and Sour Sauce and mix that with a little French's yellow mustard. I like this combo and so does DH because you get the sweet and salty at the same time. I hope ya'll try this out soon. It sounds like a lot to do but it really isn't all that bad to do and or make.

Last edited by cutenurse24; March 8th, 2013 at 09:46 PM.
March 9th, 2013, 12:40 AM
So I have a lot of my recipes on my facebook page..
feel free to check them out....
Main dishes:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/coral-...50479752704746

Pies:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/coral-...50479751384746

Sauces:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/coral-...50479034634746

Side dishes:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/coral-...50479013309746

Snacks:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/coral-...50478997434746

Soups:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/coral-...50478635749746
cutenurse24 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
March 9th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I have several recipes in here I have tried and loved... Also I have edited the comments in all of them to reflect my thoughts on it.

Pins I have tried

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

June 3rd, 2014, 07:44 AM
All of these sound great i am definitely trying them out... i just joined this site and i am loving it already
September 11th, 2014, 02:25 AM
These many recipes Yummy. I'll try few. It is a good thread.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search