Now that I am feeling less insane, lets get this show on the road.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I made my first post Sunday night. I still do not have my period but I am going to the Dr. on Thursday to figure this out. Im hoping maybe Im just stressed out and since we DID travel last month to Hawaii, perhaps the flying and time changes screwed my stupidly sensitive body up. (despite all the relaxing fun we had!)

I need to manage my stress. Obviously going to the Dr. this week will help me discover why my period has yet to come despite 4 negative pregnancy tests...but I want to get a grip on this other stuff....like charting. Are you all using an actual chart or calendar to track things? I have been using ovulation test strips (well, I did in January) and I feel like they were not reliable....I got a negative when I was clearly ovulating and a positive weeks after. Im willing to spend some money and get a decent fertility monitor...what can you ladies recommend? I dont have great CM, so I bought some preseed. I get very sharp ovulation pains.

Any fertility friendly foods or suppliments? Ive been taking prenatals since last year...I dropped some extra lbs and Im a very healthy weight...Ive backed off my working out just a bit (dropped intensity). I have no idea if I will ovulate this month...or if I even did last month. But I figure I can set myself up now for when my body is back on track.

TEACH ME TTC GURUS!
March 5th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Most of the ladies here have an account with fertility friend. There you can chart your OPK results and CM and CP (cervical position). You can also chart you temps in there too, recommend you using a BBT (you can find them online at Amazon.com or Target, Wal-Mart). If you decide to temp, you need to take it at the same time every day after at least 3-4 hrs of uninterrupted sleep. You can either temp orally or vaginally. A lot of use like wondfos (you buy them online through Amazon too) for OPK and some of the ladies will back up their positive OPK with the Clear Blue Digital OPK (you get the smiley face when it detects your LH surge). Now as for fertility aids and such as vitamins, I am not sure. I haven't done anything more than take some over the counter vitamins (well this has been a break cycle for me without Clomid). Hopefully some of our regulars will chime in with vitamins and fertility aids they are trying this cycle. I know Gamer_Princess is trying some things. Hope I was able to point you in the right direction somewhat. Look forward to hearing how your appt goes with your doctor. Please let us know how it goes

March 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, thanks! I need to look some of this stuff up...and you take your temp vaginally?! I had no idea! I clearly have a lot to learn....
March 5th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Temping vaginally could be more accurate if you sleep with your mouth open and question whether or not your temps would be accurate if you slept all night with your mouth open. The big thing is to make sure you take your temp before you get up out of bed and get started for the day. No problem, I was looking through another post and thought the info they offered could be helpful to you too.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...-confused.html (OPK questions - confused!)

March 5th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes vaginally will more consistent especially if you sleep with your mouth open.

I take a Super B complex, it helps with a lot other than TTC.
I also take cranberry but that's for my UTI's.
Then there is my Vit D which I recommend for anyone. It is involved in a lot of fertility issues and during the winter months especially a lot of people have a deficiency of it.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
March 5th, 2013, 09:23 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I have very irregular and long cycles so I know how frustrating it is when you're waiting for your period!! One cycle that I was charting on fertility friend, I got a BFN on CD 37 and was sooooo depressed and crying that it must be something wrong with me. It was a STARK WHITE bfn too like it was MORE negative than it is originally straight out of the pack. I cried and cried, I had a positive opk on CD16 so I was sure I ovulated and BD plenty of times around that day. On that cycle my period finally came on day 51 and do you know what my temps showed? That I ovulated on CD37!! The same day I got a BFN................

I was soo angry with myself because if only I had known at the time, instead of being depressed and sad all that day and night I would have been trying to BD and maybe had a bfp that cycle.

I say all that to say, as long as your period hasnt come yet you should consider that you're still possibly fertile. OPKs can be unreliable because lh (the hormone it detects) is always in a woman's system and sometimes in a long cycle it could just be a random spike instead of the big surge. While your planning what you'll do next cycle my advice is dont forget to keep on BDing for this one

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search