New to the Ttc world

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Regular
S.o. & I are newly trying! This whole thing just sends my mind in a whirl! Lol. I really don't know where to begin! I have been pregnant before but we weren't trying at that time. Sadly, both of those pregnancies ended in loses & both were in 2011. We haven't tried since but are ready now. I know AF generally comes exactly on the 20th of each month! That's about all I have to go by! She's due here in a couple days & whereas if I were to be pregnant we would be ecstatic but realistically I am expecting her to be here! So I am using this time to prepare for things I can do in this coming month! I don't really want to get to overly obsessed with this & cost us tons of money because we are on a budget!
March 17th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Welcome!! I am Brittainy, I have been wanting baby number 2 for 5 years, but only TTC for 2 months.

If your cycles are pretty regular, you probably can assume that you Ovulate regularly. If your period is usually on the 20th, you probably ovulate close to the 6th of the month. With the first day of your period being considered Cycle Day 1, Baby dancing every other day starting on CD 10 through CD 20 should give you plenty of chance to catch your egg... In your case I would start around the 1st of the month, through the 10th of the month. You are most likely to get pregnant from Baby Dancing the 2 days before Ovulation and the day of.

The simplest tool to use and help you on your journey, is a BBT thermometer. It will cost between $10-20. First thing in the morning before you do anything, you insert the thermometer (either orally or vaginally which is more accurate). Write the number down or log it online on a site such as Fertility Friend. The thermometer will tell you for certain if you Ovulated each month and will tell you when you ovulated, but it can only tell you after ovulation. If you use this tool consistently you will be able to better predict when you will ovulate and focus your baby dancing. For good measure anytime your temp dips is also a good time to baby dance.

If you want to know before hand you can purchase OPK's. Amazon sells a 50 pack pretty cheap. You start testing a few days before you think you will ovulate, and you will typically ovulate within 12-48 hours after you get a positive test. However a positive test doesn't mean you will ovulate, only that your body got ready to... So anytime there is a positive, Baby dance for a few days.

There are other ways to know when you ovulate, you can track your cervical mucus.

Here's the best info I can give you on that: http://ovaova.com/educate/what-is-cervical-fluid/

So good luck and welcome, and please come back and talk to us! This is a really great group of women who are very supportive.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

March 17th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Regular
Thanks for the website! Looking forward to reading up on that!! Definately won't turn away education especially on this as I'm clueless! Don't mean to soy dumb or stupid just never really thought it took all this hard work! Definately worth the results though!!!
March 17th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
and My name is Sarah Jane and I am the co-host for TTC. I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I really don't have any other advice to add because OrangeBrittainy pretty much covered it all in her reply. DH and I TTC #2 and have been since October 2011. The ladies in here are great, love, kind, encouraging, and supportive. Feel free to ask any and all questions!!! I hope your stay here is short and you get your bfp that leads to you taking your rainbow baby home from the hospital. Good luck!!!!

March 17th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Regular
Thank you! You all are so welcoming & sweet! I am truly praying & leavi it in Gods hands to bless us with our rainbow baby!
March 17th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Super Mommy
Hey, welcome to you!
March 17th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome this board has been an amazing source of support and information. Sorry to hear about your losses but fx you get a bfp and a sticky bean soon.

March 18th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Regular
Thank you guys!!!
March 18th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Regular
I created a Fertility friend account & I just don't get it. I guess I'm just going to stick to checking cm & watching the calendar as far as when Aunt Flo decides to show up! See how that works out just to start then go from there adding things if needed! Maybe just taking it one step at a time will make it less confusing! Lol! I suppose I was oblivious when I was younger that unprotected sex = pregnancy! Lol!!! That is how s.o looks at it too but now I know otherwise! Rather than overwhelm him I will only inform him when necessary!!!
March 18th, 2013, 07:39 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and Welcome!! I'm Angie (30) and DH is 28. We are on our 3rd cycle of TTC #1 together, I have a 6 year old DD from a previous marriage. I was very overwhelmed my first cycle as well but I promise it gets easier. I had an IUD for about 5 1/2 years and then I was on the Nuva Ring for another 9-10 months and have been BC free since January 5th. My DH also thought that if we had unprotected sex without BC we would fall pregnant at any time in the month. He is finally figuring out that that's just not the case. THe ladies here are wonderful and absolutely NO question is a dumb one so feel free to ask away, there is a ton of knowledege as well as experience on this board. Good Luck to you and I look forward to getting to know you!!

March 18th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Regular
Blakesgirl, thank you for replying!! I have never been on birth control anytime. My cycles have been regular & both of my pregnancies were unexpected. My first was a premature birth at approx. 20 weeks & my second resulted in a m/c at approx. 11 weeks. This is definately a very helpful & welcoming site!
March 18th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Fertility friend has short courses to help you learn.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

March 18th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Regular
I haven't had time to check much into it due to my work schedule but I will as time goes on! Thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search