Been MIA for a couple of days!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blakesgirl09

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 08:32 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to update on me, I took some time off last week to spend with DD during spring break and just got back to my computer at work today! My home life is MUCH busier than my work life so I am able to spend lots more time on here during the week than on the weekends unless I post from my phone or my ipad which I do, just not as often!

Our water heater started going out on Thursday. DH reset it and it started working fine on Friday. I bought a new element and thermostat on Friday but since it was working fine, we never installed them. I got my +OPK on Saturday afternoon and we were going to attempt the sperm meets egg plan. We BD'd at least every other day all last week and after my +OPK, again on Saturday night. Yesterday we worked in the yard most of the day and last night when I went to start my bath, we had no hot water ONCE AGAIN! I got upset with DH because I had bought the stuff to fix it on Friday but he assumed since it was working fine that he wouldn't worry about it just yet. Tonight, we both have class so I am betting that it won't get fixed until tomorrow. After I got upset last night he got mad at me for yelling. I told him that I understand that he's mad, but we have about 5 days out of the whole month for this thing to happen and TODAY IS ONE OF THOSE DAYS. He did finally come to bed and we BD'd but we were both mad and I don't think it really did any good. I guess at least we were able to do it. I'm still going to try to get it in tonight and tomorrow night just to be safe, I just hate my body because I feel like I'm Oing today but the same thing happened last month and FF said I didn't O until the next day. The sperm meets egg plan says that you start the day of the +OPK and BD 3 days in a row, which would have been Saturday, Sunday and today. Skip one day, tomorrow, PROBABLY OVULATION DAY and BD one more day, on Wednesday. Should I follow the plan or BD every day without a break????

By the way, my inlaws live about 6 houses away so I was able to take my bath last night, just not at my house

Sorry this got so long. Once I started, I couldn't stop!!

March 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Well, i would try to bd everyday, but if you cant, at least every other day still gives you a really big chance. I would just count on trying to make sure you get your o day and a day or two after to be sure you catch the eggie in case you miscalculated by a day like last time. Its a lot of work lol.
March 18th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good to have you back! I'm so glad you had the week with your DD...so much fun! My mom and I are going out of town to a HUGE mall on Thursday and I'm so excited! I want to try SMEP next cycle if I have to go there...keep us updated on how it works out! I got my positive OPK this weekend and I have been bugging my DH about BDing constantly lol...he's like "again??" hahaha

I would BD every day if possible...because if it were me and I didn't get pregnant, I'd be like "I wonder what would've happened if I would have BD'd that ONE extra day" haha..I'm paranoid.
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

March 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad to hear back from you. Hope you get the hot water heater fixed, I know that going out is no fun at all. Fingers crossed for you that you catch the eggie!!!

March 18th, 2013, 10:20 AM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to see ya back I missed YA buddy!!
Sorry about the HWH, I don't know what I would do with
out my relaxing baths.. My mom lives around the corner,
but she has a toddler sized tub, where mine is a 2 1/2 person tub!
I just wouldnt fit in hers with water in it!

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
March 18th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think BD"ing everyother day is enough to cover, thats what we do and maybe one extra time around O. Glad you could spend extra time with DD
March 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
I'm not really familiar with that plan. I'll have to google it. DH and I are planning to dtd every other day next cycle if I'm not pg this cycle. Is it similar to something like that?

Glad you finally got your bath in! I love baths
Cycle #20, 2nd cycle on clomid
March 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SMEP just says that you start BD around CD8, every other day until your get your +OPK, once your +OPK comes you BD 3 days in a row, skip a day, and then BD again one final time good measure. It can DEFINITELY get exhausting!!!

March 18th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Jenn10's Avatar Expecting are first
I missed you hope things are going better
March 18th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Well im keeping my fingers crossed for you! I have a good feeling about this cycle lol! I will be stalking your posts lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search