Anyone have delayed O??

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hope2Be13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I had my positive OPK around mid day on Saturday. It was negative Saturday night. Here it is Tuesday with no temp rise yet (haven't gotten an accurate temp yet today bc I'm sick and haven't slept more than 2 hours at a time). My CM is still EWCM (thanks, preseed!)

Anyone ever experienced O several days after their positive OPK?
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

March 19th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Super Mommy
Yes, you can gear up to ovulate and then not release an egg, especially if you are sick. You may see a second surge, have you kept testing with opks?

March 19th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No I haven't I may do one tonight to see... This is my first day of being sick and I've had O symptoms since Saturday. I never got to really temp today so hopefully tomorrow my temp will be up... :/
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

March 19th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Super Mommy
FX that it is, are your cycles always this long? With long cycles like this you may not be ovulating. I appologize but I don't remember your story. Were you on BCP prior to this cycle or something?

March 19th, 2013, 03:58 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's what I'm thinking too. Remind me, Did you take OPK's when you thought you had ovulated earlier in the month?? With your work schedule and not being able to temp on a regular schedule, I think some of your temps may be unreliable and if that's the case it would be impossible to know if you've actually ovulated or not. Have you thought about seeing your DR?

March 19th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes this is my first month off BCP. I haven't seen my doctor because I know sometimes it takes a while to get a period again after BCP. Before I took BCP my cycles were about 32-34 days long anyways.

Yeah I thought I Od earlier in the month but I never got a very positive OPK and I was just basing it off CM. this time I got a true positive OPK and the fertile CM.

March 19th, 2013, 04:22 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes this happened to me many times. It is so annoying! What happened to me was I got ewcm and + opk but no temp rise and than LH surge and ewcm went away. About 7-10 days later I get a + opk and ewcm all over again and this time a temp rise. I got AF 14 days after the second LH surge and the temp rise so that is when I truly ovulated. From what I have read it is normal if this happened 1-2 times a year. But if it happens more frequently you should see the doctor. Most likely cause is hormonal imbalance that could be due to many other factors. I had 6 months of cycles like this than I completely changed my diet to: No dairy except yogurt, rarely eating other animal products/meat, only whole grains, lots of nuts and seeds, and a ton of fruits and vegetables. After I changed me diet my cycle has been running like clockwork for over a year now with good ewcm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMV106 View Post
Yes this is my first month off BCP. I haven't seen my doctor because I know sometimes it takes a while to get a period again after BCP. Before I took BCP my cycles were about 32-34 days long anyways.

Yeah I thought I Od earlier in the month but I never got a very positive OPK and I was just basing it off CM. this time I got a true positive OPK and the fertile CM.
Coming off birth control changes everything. You need to wait at least 3 months occassionally longer before worrying that something is wrong with your cycle. If you have sex at least every other day than you will catch your ovulation day no matter what. Just keep ovulation testing and you will be fine.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

March 19th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much! I wish I'd never gotten on the pill. I hate all this waiting... But I know it's probably going to take a while. My OPKs are always pretty dark, just under positive. But Saturday it got dark SO fast and was dark way before the control line came up. I'm still hoping this is my O this time. My cervix definitely got softer too. My body is trying so hard lol

March 19th, 2013, 04:38 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The pill is better than IUD. Once the hormones are out of your system than things should go back to normal. I know two people who absolutely can not conceive after using the IUD. There is nothing wrong with their hormones and they are ovulating but now have unexplained infertility.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

March 19th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh... Thankfully I didn't go that route! It just upsets me... I spent so much time before we were married worried that I would get pregnant, even using every form of bc possible! Apparently all the precaution wasn't needed lol

March 19th, 2013, 05:32 PM
beautiful.mess's Avatar PhotograMommy
Send a message via AIM to beautiful.mess
I'm in the same boat! I got a positive OPK on Sunday and my temp hasn't jumped up. I have been reading that sometimes it takes the progesterone a couple days to be strong enough for a jump in BBT. Hoping that's the case and I get a spike tomorrow. You too!!

Married Chris on 4.7.2006
Mommy to Madison Mae 4.26.08 <3
and Sydney Paige 4.28.10
Poppyseed due 12.10.13
]
-Mark 10:6-9
March 19th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful.mess View Post
I'm in the same boat! I got a positive OPK on Sunday and my temp hasn't jumped up. I have been reading that sometimes it takes the progesterone a couple days to be strong enough for a jump in BBT. Hoping that's the case and I get a spike tomorrow. You too!!
Keep me updated on you!! maybe we will be in the TWW together! fingers crossed for us!
beautiful.mess likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search