What are your favorite pregnancy tests

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 04:49 PM
~ Nicole ~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So its been several years since we last were TTC and I know the tests have changed over the years especially the FRER. Since we are about to start TTC I want to stock up on pregnancy tests because I am crazy and must test every day after 5dpo. I want to know which tests people like best.

What are your favorite cheap test strips and why? do they get evaps?

What are your favortite name brand tests and why? do they get evaps?

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

March 19th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What are your favorite cheap test strips and why? do they get evaps?

My fav cheapie are wondfo, and I've never got an evap on mine. It's been either negative or positive, but I have seen indents on them which can be confusing.

What are your favortite name brand tests and why? do they get evaps?

FRER's only, no evap. They have always been right.
March 19th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Bump! I need more opinions, I am following a bunch of tests on ebay.

Which are better FRER or Answer? or they the same thing?

Are E.P.T. bad?

Are digitals the best?

I already bought 100 wondfo tests now I need some name brand tests to use if I think I have a BFP on the test strips.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

March 19th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wondfo's are great for POAS-a-holics like me I use to be a proud supporter of Answer but since they went to the new green packaging.. they suck completely with HORRIBLE evaps. FRERs from walmart and target are not great either BUT the ones you can order from Amazon are for whatever reason better. The sticks feel more expensive compared to the FRERs from walmart.. i may be weird though

I like digitals but for after a has been confirmed due to the fact they are not sensitive at all.

BLUE dye test and I are enemies... so I stay away from them...
mommamindy likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Beautiful Life!
I agree with Gamer, except I don't know anything about a difference with frer's between store buying and amazon buying. I haven't noticed a difference, but I didn't really pay attention or think about it. I'm also not happy with answer's anymore. I don't care for blue dye's, but I kinda like the clearblue plus. I've read it gives evaps, but I like the handle and how the strip turns pink to let you know it's working. And I also like digi's, but only to follow up another + test.

Good Luck! I like stocking up on tests!

March 20th, 2013, 12:18 AM
I knew the FRER have not been great since they went from detecting 5 days before AF to 6 days before AF but I did not know that the Answer had also changed. I just bought a box of those. I will have to open it and see if they are green wrappers. Sounds like there are not really any good name brand tests left. Why oh why did they have to ruin the FRER. Those used to be so good. I remember there would not be even the slightest hint of a second line unless you had a real BFP.

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

March 20th, 2013, 04:21 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I liked FRER when I first started TTC but I definitely don't now. Maybe I will stick to the $5 forelife dip tests I can get nearby. Never seen a hint of anything on them whereas there have been using FRERS and have gotten faint/evap lines this cycle.

March 20th, 2013, 05:47 PM
I opened my Answer tests today and they have a white wrapper. These expire 9/2014 When did they start making a green wrapper test and what is the differance?

Me(30) DS(8) DS(10)

March 20th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Beth2008's Avatar mommy in the making
Personally, I had a bad experience with FRER's. I had a second pink looking line on two of those and turned out to not be pregnant.

I will use cheapies, followed by a digi after so long.

Thank you *Kiliki* for amazing siggy!

March 20th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't like blue dye tests at all. I usually go for Answer or FRER. I don't use a digital test until I have several bfps on Answer or FRER

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search