Trying to concieve & stress on relationships

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By MommaLove13
  • 1 Post By cutenurse24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Regular
Okay basically I am just whining & venting because no one knows besides S.o. About us ttc. However he doesn't understand!!! I am on cd 3 & I'm trying relax & rest up to prepare for our "trying" this month. So when I didn't want to do anything sexual at all ( sorry tmi,but not just Dtd) he got upset. I think it really wears the body down which is why I want to tread slowly like where we are just starting out so we are both giving up pop & I'm keeping track of cm that's not much but I'm still gettin the hang of everything. Anyway so since I didn't wanna fool around at all he comes outta the blue and says I changed my mind and don't want to try which I never said! Idk what he's stressed about or what but e then turned over and went to sleep and I had to work so we haven't had a chance to talk.
March 24th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've always tried to go on as usual when TTC. I believe a strong marriage also includes intimacy and that should always happen and both should make that happen at LEAST weekly. When we are TTC we go on as normal, and if/when I get a positive opk, I know to just do a little extra that night and the next day and sometimes I tell him I got a positive, sometimes I dont. TTC shouldnt feel like a job. Try not to let it get to you but make sure you continue to satisfy your spouse, no matter if it's the fertile time or not.

Sorry I think I got off track with my post. I'm a little passionate about marriage and intimacy.
March 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is important to keep the intimacy going or sex will feel like a baby making chore! Plus, he needs to ejaculate every few days to keep sperm fresh and new. We have missed the past 3 month super fertile times due to holidays and traveling. Dont let it kill your sex life! Do things that are fun and relaxing together and try to make this a part of your life journey together.

Also...maybe it would help you if you had some support? Dh and I have been very quiet about our plans but I did tell a few girlfriends. Their support and encouragment has kept me grounded. I cant imagine doing this alone.

Last edited by Jibby; March 24th, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
March 24th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I usually don't tell DH what is going on with my cycle because it confuses him. I try to do things to make him feel special, loved, and wanted so he doesn't think I am just using him for his sperm. What has really helped us to connect is reading this book called The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. I also feel it is important to maintain a great marriage through TTC is through open communication. Don't let TTC dictate when you have sex or don't let it suck out the intimacy out of your relationship. Being intimate as a couple is so important and vital to marriage. Sorry you are going through this tough spot, . Hope that you two can sit down and chat soon and get on the same page. I will tell you that we have sex on a regular basis whether I am Oing or not (usually comes down to every other day while DH is off from work). But we don't have sex just to have sex, it is really our way of reconnecting with each other as a couple and to me just as important as getting a good kiss.
hotpinkheels likes this.

Last edited by cutenurse24; March 24th, 2013 at 04:57 PM.
March 25th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Regular
Thank you guys! Yeah, support is nice but I feel like if I tell, like before when we miscarried you go through all the explanations why you aren't pregnant anymore. So that leads to more questions ....or them asking if you have gotten pg yet etc... Several friends of ours just had babies within the last year & some teenage family members are preg. Now or just found out they were ugh lol even though we are just starting ttc people think It just happens over night. Ohh & my neighbor is pg so they are all aroun me and my other babies we didn't really try they were surprises that I feel ended all too soon.

I know my previous post wasn't a whole lot to do with initial convo I just needed to vent lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search