big question...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Caydens_mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Veteran
i am taking provera every 24th of the month for ten days, and usually start bleeding four days into my dosage...

what i am wondering is, if i am taking provera, how will i know if i'm pregnant or not if it makes me bleed? and isn't it unhealthy for the baby if i'm pregnant and taking the medication?
March 24th, 2013, 05:55 PM
KayM's Avatar Veteran
From what I have ready online, you won't bleed from the Provera if you are pregnant. Apparently many many years back, Provera was used to tell if someone was pregnant, they would take it for the amount of days and if they got a period they weren't pregnant, and if they didn't they were pregnant.

There is a small chance (I read this online somewhere when I took it but now cannot find the link to give you) that if the baby is a boy they will be born with some easily fixable problem with the urethra.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Here is a link I found: Taking Provera while pregnant

Last edited by KayM; March 24th, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
March 24th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any experience with this. I am curious though why you have to take it every month.

March 24th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Veteran
that was very helpful thank you so much! and i take it every month for the next three months to get my cycle regulated for good, i've never had regular periods anytime in my life haha
March 24th, 2013, 07:37 PM
KayM's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuretime View Post
that was very helpful thank you so much! and i take it every month for the next three months to get my cycle regulated for good, i've never had regular periods anytime in my life haha
You're welcomed! Good luck! I'm going to my doctor on April 2nd if I don't have a BFP by then and I may have to go on another round of Provera. Hope you do get your !
March 24th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuretime View Post

Oh ok. I just never heard of that before and was curious why you were taking every month. Good luck!!! Hope that it helps regulate your cycles so you can go on to get your bfp!!!! Fingers crossed for you!!!

March 25th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a quick question, Are you using Provera as a progestrone boost after O? Or are you using it to induce your periods?

If you are taking it and maybe pregnant there is nothing wrong because Provera is actually a progestrone It is a very low dosage but still something your body naturally produces during pregnancy. When you O you have a surge of Progestrone and over the course of the 2WW your progestrone dwindles down to nothing. The sudden drop causes your lining to shed, hence your period.

March 25th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Veteran
i am taking it to induce periods. the only thing i'm concerned about is, i took it ten days out of the month for three months, and she just told me to take it for three more months, that seems like a long time to be taking it...but i might just be paranoid. they thought i had a clot in my lungs from this medication but it came back negative...it had regulated them amazingly, and they've been 28 days apart the last four months, but i don't even know if i'm ovulating....i'm confused! lol
March 25th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Have you tried to track O with temping or OPKs any?

It is hard to say if you are Oing at all due to the continual use of Provera. It is very possible but still hard to say unless you are tracking it with something.

So you are taking it for another 2 months along with this cycle? If this so, I would track O while on Provera to see what your cycle is doing and once your doctor takes you off you will have a better understanding.

If you are not Oing then maybe you can be placed on Clomid to help with O Have you been tested for PCOS? Many people with irregular cycles tend to have problems Oing or have PCOS, not all though. I hope this helps!

March 26th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Veteran
i used to track O with the little test strips, so i know i used to to ovulate atleast lol but not lately...i asked my obgyn about getting tested for pcos, and she pretty much said "well even if you do, it isn't going to help me out any" which i thought was pretty...well, stupid of her to say, but she said i was going to start clomid that last time i did provera and then just put me on three more months of it..six months of this stuff isn't fun haha i'm just lost on what to do! i feel like i'm in the dark!
March 26th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Veteran
sounds like your period may start on its on you can try to lay off the provera for a couple months and see if you have a period without it
March 26th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I would look into a second opinion honestly. PCOS is not something to be taken lightly BUT it is not something that make getting pregnant totally impossible.

I agree maybe take one cycle off from Provera and chart/OPK to see what happens. If you go annovulatory then you will know where you stand and can take the Provera to jump start your period.

I am thinking of you and hope you get your without Clomid

March 27th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Veteran
well, the only reason i'm thinking that i stopped ovulating, is my rapid weight gain, i know that can deffinitly stifle things. but, thank you gamer_princess! that means alot
March 27th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Veteran
I have pcos and uterine fibroids the dr put me on one round of provera to start and then put me on clomid and i got pregnant with my son after 3 months good luck to you
adventuretime likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search