Someone shed some light for me, PLEASE!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KayM
  • 1 Post By Gamer_Princess
  • 1 Post By cutenurse24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 07:47 PM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't post here very much, but I do lurk a lot. I really would love it if some of you could share some experience or advice for me.

First of all, right now I'm on CD 11. My "average" cycle length is 28 days, but the last couple of cycles have been 31-ish days. This is the first month I have tried to track ovulation.

Before my period even started, I had some light brown spotting for two days, but I have been told that doesn't count as a period. (Is that correct?)

My period lasted for a full week, and then I had very light brown spotting for a day after my period. (So up until CD 9). Is that normal?

Yesterday and today (CD 10 and 11) I have had extremely light pink tinged EWCM, positive OPK's, and sore breasts.

I am just so freaking confused. Could I really be ovulating this early? What's with all the extra spotting and pink tinged CM? Is it normal to have sore boobs during an LH surge?

I'm really starting to think something is wrong with me. Somebody help!

March 25th, 2013, 07:59 PM
KayM's Avatar Veteran
From what I've read, cycle day 1 begins is when you have red bleeding before 5pm. So if you started bleeding bright red at 10pm, cd1 wouldn't count till the next day. I also think I heard someone say you could ovulate up to 36 hours after your last positive OPK so you may just have a long surge and will still ovulate cd14. Keep testing and bding
March 25th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks Kay! PS, I'm a cop's wife too!

March 25th, 2013, 08:26 PM
KayM's Avatar Veteran
You're very welcomed! Always nice to meet another police wife Stop lurking and start posting!
March 25th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would keep testing with OPKs because sometimes you can get more than one positive and do remember ovulation takes place 12-48 hours later. GOOD LUCK and I hope you catch your eggie!

March 25th, 2013, 09:28 PM
So...how many days in a row can I get a positive OPK and it's not a sign of something wrong? Today was the 2nd day in a row. What if they keep showing up positive tomorrow?! I've been testing at different times of the day, FYI!

March 25th, 2013, 09:49 PM
It is all completely normal and nothing to be alarmed about.

OPKs are great because they tell you that you are fertile. Sometimes our bodies gear up to O but due to stress of illness sometimes it does not. Many times someone will catch their surge in the beginning stages and have more than one day of positive OPKs. Some, on the otherhand, catch it at the last stages and only have one day of positive OPKs or even one positive stick in total.

I would test morning, afternoon, and evening till you get your negative OPK
Orangebrittainy likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Thank you! So do you think the sore breasts are a normal thing at this point in my cycle? I don't think I ever ovulate this early on in my cycle, and I KNOW I never have sore breasts until the week before AF. My body picked a horrible time to start acting weird!

March 25th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Girl my boob feel like they are about to fall off around O time.. everything for me is so sensitive. The light pink CM you have could also be O bleeding which is normal. I sure hope this leads to your !

March 25th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Thank you! Me too. I've never had the pink EWCM and with it being so close to the end of my period, it has concerned me. I sure hope all is well and that all this stress wasn't for nothing.

March 26th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Veteran
dr told my mama that when your boobs are sore that its a sign that your hormones work correctly and I agree with the others on what they told you cd1 is when you bleed bright red the light spotting after your period is prob just old blood and nothing to worry about, and the pink tinged cm Im sorry I dont know about that but Im sure its nothing to worry about have you called you gyno maybe he or she can fill you in on whats going on
March 26th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks

March 26th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say good luck!!!! I really don't have anything to add because Gamer_Princess did such a great job explaining everything
Gamer_Princess likes this.

March 26th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

March 26th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
If you are charting and see a spike that will tell you if its the real thing
My body has gone wacky at times and O'ed randomly at CD11... I missed it too
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

March 26th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks ladies! After 48 hours of positive OPK's, I got a negative tonight. The surge has left the building! We've done lots of bd'ing so let's hope I really did ovulate (or am doing so now!) I'm still a little worried that something is off with my hormones, but trying not to worry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search