A chance to know each other better

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree117Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Veteran
I have been reading and posting here since Dec 2012 and absolutely love it. I was thinking of something so we can all know each other a little better so I will tell you a little about myself to get this started
my name is Cindy, I work in banking, I am 28, DH is 30, DH and I have been together 9 years and married for 6 years , We have one child Cayden who would have been 15 months old april 7th (who is deceased had a still birth due to cord accident), We have been ttc for 11 months so far, I live in the northeast part of Alabama, I am a christian, I got to New Liberty Baptist Church, I want to strive my best to be a proverbs 31 wife (in the bible), My favorite tv show is Pretty Little Liars, and i really don't know what else to tell you about myself lol. . . .
looking forward to all of your replies

Last edited by Caydens_mommy; March 26th, 2013 at 10:16 AM.
March 26th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My name is Melissa I am 37 and Df is 38 we have been together since June 2009 engaged December 2011. We are ttc #1 for 2 cycles now. I worked as a nurse but due to my endometriosis being so bad back in 2005 my Dr told me I should not be doing any more shift work so in 2008 I went back to school and took a Medical Office assistant program, but since we live in Nova Scotia, Canada, the Dr's are scarce and it is nearly impossible to find work in that field atm.

We have 6 fur babies 5 cats and 1 dog they all found us we were not looking to find them, but I would not change it for the world.They are all spoiled rotten, and I am positive they will all be so jealous when we do have a baby,it will be total chaos lol

March 26th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Jibby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name is Heather. Im 32, dh is 34. We have been married almost 3 years and been together for ten. I am a therapist and work with abused kids and teens, mentally ill teens and multiply stressed families. Husband works in business. I never wanted kids until I hit 30. Now I want one baaaddd. We were looking into adoption initially but decided to give ttc a try, with plans to adopt a second (hopefully!) this is my first legit month ttc. We have 2 fur kids...a big old mutt and a spunky italian greyhound. We are a fun couple and we have a lot of love! We always try to be hopeful and positive. We live in Phx Az. So of I could get pregnant asap and avoid being huge during the summer...that would be SWELL
March 26th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Super Mommy
Hey!!! I am Karen. I'm 32 and my DH is 32. We have been together for 8 years and married for almost 2 years. We had a mc in April 2012. We are going on our 13th ttc cycle. Our first round of Clomid didn't work. Now, we are moving to round 2 while waiting on a referral to a RE. We are both in EMS.
March 26th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello ladies!

My name is Vicky, I am 23 and my husband is 31. We have been married since July 2012 (9 months) and together for 5 years. Hubby is English, I am Greek and we live in England. We met when I was 15 in Corfu as my grandparents are from there and used to take me every summer and he used to holiday there with his mates and we were just friends. We stayed in touch for years but could never meet as I was young and had school etc so after a while we stopped talking. 3 years later when I was 18 and had finished school, I decided to visit England, for holiday and at that point he decided o suddenly call me again after a very long time, it was very random. I told him I was coming over and he came to meet me and pick me up. We ran into each other's arms and have been together ever since. We spent over a year with Andrew (hubby) flying to Greece every other weekend and me working hard to help him pay some flights. Then, over a year later, Andrew asked my dad for my hand in marriage and he surprised me with an engagement ring and a proposal. At that point I packed my things and moved to England and we have been living together since then. We planned our wedding for 2012 as we needed money to get our own house, I needed a driving licence, a car, a job etc. When that was sorted, we started putting money aside for the wedding which happened yaaay on time, in Greece where we met, on the exact day we met 7/7.

I really didn't want a baby and they used to really freak me out until recently. All of a sudden for no reason I started loving them and get all excited every time I see one, I just want to have them for myself lol. End of January, I had to come off the pill half way though the month cause it started making me sick for some crazy reason that no one knows. It never did! Because of that, and circumstances we thought I had got pregnant and I just loved the idea! Andrew wanted one as soon as we got married, but I was saying no. The thought that I was pregnant though made me so happy and so protective and I just loved the whole thing and the thought of having a baby. And looking at Andrew I now find it sooo sweet cause he would make a wonderful daddy, he would be the best! We both got soooo disappointed when AF came. So that was the point we started trying. Beginning of Feb. It has only been nearly 2 months but now I just really want one and got really upset, I was even crying (I know pathetic well I cry lol) when I got a bfn the last 2 times! They say third time lucky lol.

We love animals, we have a dog Bruno, 2 cats Wesley and Lola and a hamster Flash. They are all our babies and we couldn't live without them.

We enjoy travelling! We love visiting other countries and we have been so far and we want to take our baby/kid on holiday in different places every year and have amazing family holidays.

We are Christians (orthodox), I have been baptised in Greece and Andrew was baptised in the local christian orthodox church here in England and we do attend church on sundays. We visit Greece often to see my family and we would like our baby, when we have it, to have a part of both caltures and appreciate both and speak both languages. It will be lovely when we all go to Greece for easter or we spend Christmas here all together as a family.

We are very social and like having people over the house. Most weekends we have guests over for dinner or we go over someone's house for dinner. We also love movies and cinema and comedy tv series. Personal favourites: Twilight, Lord of the rings, Spiderman, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Shrek, Madagascar, Ice Age, all Disney movies lol, How I met your mother, Big Bang Theory, Gavin and Stacey (british, absolutely love it), don't tell the bride and OUR WEDDING DVD LOL.

I play piano and guitar (studdied music in Greece for 10 years when I was little)and on our free time my husband and I record music together, he plays guitar and I play piano and sing etc. I also horse ride once a month and love it (which will have to stop for nine months if I get my bfp, but it is something I am prepared to give up). Celebrities: LOVE BON JOVI and Johny Depp.

I work part time in Currys (electrical store) but I was just offered a full time contract starting in April which I taking. I want to gather as much money as possible for when we have a little one :-). Andrew is the training manager in Dixons head office (largest company of electrical retail in Europe). He has been employed with Dixons for 15 years, started as a warehouse boy in the store and now is a head office manager. I am sooo proud of him :-).

One last thing, I love games and girly things. When we see our nieces I just sit down and play barbies with them hahaha so if we have a little girl then I found my new best friend hahahaha. So here is my essay, I think I covered everything. Fingers crossed for anyone who wants a baby! Good luck. Dying to test soon!
katydae88 and Caydens_mommy like this.
March 26th, 2013, 11:31 AM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name is Danielle. I am 30. DH is Tracy and he is 39. We got married on August 21, 2010. This is a second marriage for both of us. I have 2 sons from my previous and he has 3 daughters. On January 27, 2011, Tracy adopted my two sons. He is a great father. One year ago tomorrow (March 27, 2012) I traveled to North Carolina and had a tubal reversal done. We have been trying ever since. I had a chemical in November and then last cycle I also had a loss (I don't know if I should consider it a chemical or an early miscarriage...either way it was a loss and it sucks!) We live in Nebraska. We just bought a new house and will be closing on it at the end of next month! YAY!!!! We are going to continue trying and if we don't have any luck...we will probably begin looking into adoption or maybe even foster care, as I was in foster care when I was a child and I know how important it is for these kids to have a good home.

March 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My name is Coral I am turning 35 next month, My SO is Jon (28), i have a Son, Gage (15 in June) and another son, David (19 months)... We have been actively trying to conceive for 3 cycles now.. I know this will be a tough one tho, it took 13 yrs for me to have my youngest.. I am hoping to not have another 13 yr wait.. I have had a miscarriage, I have multiple autoimmune disorders... I work at Olive Garden as a server, my SO is in golf course maint.. GOOD luck to all!!!!

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
March 26th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Taniam's Avatar Veteran
My name is Tania (26), DF is Aaron (25). We have been together for a little over 2 years, engaged on Xmas this year. We live in Québec, Canada. Yep I'm a frenchie , DF is not. I work at a museum, looking to change careers and DF is in the Canadian Military as a medical technician, wants to deliver our kids! Crazy men! we are on TTC cycle three for our first. DF is away a lot so even though this is cycle 3, we started in September. I can't wait to be preggers! Baby dust to us all!

My Ovulation Chart

March 26th, 2013, 12:20 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Angie (30), DF is Blake (28). We have been together a little over 4 years and engaged for 3 1/2 years. I have a 6 year old DD from a previous marriage and Blake has no biological children. We live in the Houston area where I am in sales for a manufacturing company and Blake builds Cooling Towers for refineries and skyscrapers. We have a 1 year old Great Dane named Bella and she is our child!! We even take her to daycare when we are going to be out of the house for a while!! I love to read and crochet and Blake is an avid sports fan and a cologne connoisseur! We are both full time students, me in Business and he is in the Instrumentation Program. This is our 3rd cycle TTC and I'm really hoping that this is our month!! Looking forward to getting know you all a little better!!!

March 26th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My name is Rachel. I'm 28 and DH is 27 and we have been married almost 7 years. We have two beautiful girls, Ava (almost 3) and Olivia, 15 months. I am a SAHM and sell Scentsy to get me out of the house once in a while. We live in Kansas. This is our first cycle TTC #3 but I have PCOS and it's been a loooong cycle. Currently taking provera to induce AF then a clomid cycle.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
March 26th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Super Mommy
I'm Katie (28) and my DH is Benn (28). We met in 7th grade, starting dating in 8th grade, and were married almost 6 years ago. We have 2 DS- Ryken-4 and Sully 2.5. I'm a SAHM, with a part time night/weekend job at a gas station. DH works at a hospital as an Exercise Physiologist. We are on our 2nd cycle. Last cycle wasn't official, but we dtd a day before o, so I consider it our first cycle of ttc. We really enjoy being outdoors as a family. DH loves fishing and camping. We're hoping to do a few camping trips this summer. I like to knit and read. I have a couple favorite shows, Pretty Little Liars and Dance Moms. They're both on tonight, can't wait
Cycle #20, 2nd cycle on clomid
March 26th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Pray, then pray some more
My name is Rae, I am 41 and DH is 42. We both have children from previous marriages and now want to have one together. We have been married for 5 years. We have been trying for 11 months now. I love God. I don't watch TV but enjoy a variety of other things instead. I love my family and I enjoy cooking for them. We sit down at the table every night and have a meal together. I love it and so do they.

March 26th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am Sarah Jane (30) and DH is RJ (28) we have been together for 10yrs and married for 4 1/2 yrs. We have DS named Russell (4). I'm an RN work night shift in the ICU (I only work like 2 shifts a week). My work schedule revolves around DH's work schedule. DH is a firefighter/paramedic for a large fire dept in TN. I love to bake, read books, go to church, be involved in our Sunday School class, help others, and write letters/cards (to send through the mail). We have been TTC since October 2011 once DH got the all clear from his doctors (DH had testicular cancer in 2011 had to go through 2 surgeries and 3 cycles of chemo). We just met with RE this past Friday and found out the chemo affected his remaining testicle more than we thought. So this is our last cycle of not being monitored. I have my hsg tomorrow (Wednesday) and meet up with the RE on April 5th to come up with a game plan. Whew!!! Sorry that I wrote so much and hope I didn't write too much!!

March 26th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name is Leslie and DH is Matt, we are both almost 27 We have been together for almost 8 years and married for almost 7 years I am a SAHW and DH is Active Duty Air Force. We live in Colorado and love it so much. Before I stayed at home full time, I worked in business and loved my job. When we moved a bit further away from home/family due to DH's new duty station, we wanted to have more time together and thought that a kiddo would come soon afterwards. We did the NTNP for about 3 years before we started TTC full time in Dec 2010.
I love to cook and bake!! I am a huge gamer and love to play WoW with my hubby. We are truly kids at heart and are best friends. We met in college in a botany class when we were paired as lab partners.

Although I want a baby so badly, if I am only ever blessed with DH my life is truly complete.

March 26th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My name is Allie (30) Dh is Seth (41). I currently live in western Kentucky and my Dh works out of state and is currently in California. We have 2 sons Zachariah who would be 8 this year but he was born at 23 weeks and passed. Greyson is 5 almost 6. We have a dog, cat, turtle and 5 fish.

I am 2 semesters away from graduating with my Masters in clinical mental health counseling and recently got hired on as chemical dependency therapist for the agency I am interning with. I also work at the public defenders office here with the social worker in the office finding and helping criminal offenders get into rehab and begin recovery. Eventually (in another year!) I will be a licensed therapist and I hope to work with chemically dependent clients for the most part but also have an interest in couple and sex therapy.

This is our 3rd cycle TTC and I am hoping it is our last!

March 26th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My name is Allie (30) Dh is Seth (41) we have been together almost 12 years married almost 8. I currently live in western Kentucky and my Dh works out of state and is currently in California. We have 2 sons Zachariah who would be 8 this year but he was born at 23 weeks and passed. Greyson is 5 almost 6. We have a dog, cat, turtle and 5 fish.

I am 2 semesters away from graduating with my Masters in clinical mental health counseling and recently got hired on as chemical dependency therapist for the agency I am interning with. I also work at the public defenders office here with the social worker in the office finding and helping criminal offenders get into rehab and begin recovery. Eventually (in another year!) I will be a licensed therapist and I hope to work with chemically dependent clients for the most part but also have an interest in couple and sex therapy.

This is our 3rd cycle TTC and I am hoping it is our last!

March 26th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My name is Jill (23) and my DH is Mason (almost 23). We have been together for a little over 7 years and married for almost 6 months. I am a RN and I work night shift in an oncology unit. My DH is in business and works at a bank and also runs an advertising business on the side. We planned on waiting a few years before having children when we first got married, but around Christmas we decided we would start trying this year. We are currently on cycle 1 (longgggg cycle 1!!) of TTC. We have 3 dogs named Cooper (maltese), Molli (Morkie), and Hallie (yellow lab).My favorite TV shows are Pretty Little Liars and Dance Moms (just like you Katie!) My DH and I enjoy fishing, going to church, watching movies, and cooking together. I plan on returning to school in August to get my degree as a Family Nurse Practitioner (hopefully I'll be returning pregnant!!)
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

Last edited by Hope2Be13; March 26th, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
March 26th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My name is Amy(33)Dh is Mike (34) we have a 9 yr old daughter and 5 yr old son. We also have 2 dogs (cockapoo)&(chihuahua/cockerspaniel) and some fish. Dh and his dad have tree care business and I am now a SAHM. I have my cosmotology license and do hair.
This is our 3rd cycle TTC#3. We waited a bit to decide to try for a 3rd due to some complications I had while having my son.

I like to crochet, read, and do embroidery. Nice getting to know you all!
March 26th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey everyone! Loved reading about everyone!

I'm Blair (31) and dh is 35. We have been married 5 years and we have the coolest 2.5 year old! Molly! We have 1 fur baby- Presley- our yorkie. Our little Molly was created with the help of our amazing dr! And we have sought out his help again! We have been actively ttc #2 since January 2012. We had ectopic pregnancy in fall of 2011- by total surprise- since we were told we couldn't have babies on our own!
Both dh and I have businesses. He owns an ad agency and I have a children's boutique! I don't have a ton of free time because between the store and a 2.5, I care for my mother was has cancer. We stay on the road ALOT! But I'm honored to care for her!
Molly and I participate in Strollfit (a work out with baby). We love to do play dates! Personally, I enjoy sewing and monogramming and working in my yard. I love greys anatomy, scandal and the walking dead, teen mom- am I too old for it?, and real housewives of anything! (odd mix I know). I'm sure there is more, but that's all I can think of this late!

Good luck to everyone!!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

March 27th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Veteran
I am loving all these posts it is so nice to meet you all

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search