For all you fellow Christians... Or anyone who wants prayer!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree59Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
Just wanted to comment again and say this is amazing love you girls so much! I know youll all be blessed when the time is right I try to remind myself everyday God sees the things we dont so we need to trust He is in control love this thread btw!!

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013

Relactating mama since march 13th 2014..don't ever stop something you
March 28th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesgirl09 View Post
This is awesome!! Hopingforonemore- Your email group sounds fantastic!! I am definitely going to look into that. I pray for all you ladies daily and will continue to do so. I love you girls!!
It is awesome if you'd like a sample reading to help make up your mind email me at thedailyreading@gmail.com and let me know.
So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Rae

My Ovulation Chart
March 28th, 2013, 04:55 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, this is an amaaazing thread!!! I will pray for you ladies too and will make time to specifically do so!!!! All of you women have such amazing stories and although I know we all feel we never do enough it is because we never can..we are human, but being humble and acknowledging this is HUGE!! Living in a lustful world, it is hard not to get caught up. When ttc, the idea of new life is divine and it really makes you think and delve deep. I TRULY hope all you women get your BFP and SOON! I would love to pray for you all and think that this is a very special post! We shall have fellowship! I have been saved for 2 years and it has been a roller coaster ride, mainly because dh is NOT.

I was saved two years ago but throughout my life, full of some very hard times, I was always drawn to the LORD despite none of my family having faith. At 18 I wandered into a church, common for me to do during off hours, and was recruited so to speak to join an adult program, RCIA, (religious Catholic instruction for adults) I felt some sort of peace and following CHRIST felt right....but, after I met my Jewish husband (after a bad engagement break up) ....I deviated. Part of me wanted to feel united as a family in faith but no matter how hard I tried, CHRIST was in my heart.
I married DH who is Jewish by culture though an atheist (I know; odd) he had two kids from a previous marriage who were 5 and 3 when I came into the picture. I fell in love with ALL of them. We married and have my two girls. As mentioned I was saved two years ago, August 5th 2011 to be exact. DH has not been happy nor supportive and well, actually rather intolerant and mean with my new found faith. I have been asked not to attend church or teach the kids; which I do anyway bc that is not right nor biblical. It has been such a journey and I am so blessed to have found the LORD. Since it has changed my life in every way, I now struggle because I want my children to be raised a different way. I want to homeschool and bring them up Christian. I have always been somewhat of a more progressive or maybe actually, traditional person in that I think children grow up way too fast, our girls are sexualized, our children lack discipline and respect, are over-scheduled, and have too much access to technology. I want my kids to have a long and safe childhood, free to be themselves and not worry about fitting in or having the right shoes. I want them to be able to support themselves but most importantly be GOD loving, compassionate, and well rounded adults...more than I want them to climb the corporate ladder.
I sacrificed a lot when I married dh because I always dreamed of simply being a mom and having like 5 kids of my own. dh already had 2 and we agreed to having only one together. I was naïve. I begged for 2. I am very active in my step kids lives, the two older, they are with me every other day. His ex happens to be a very cruel person so life is not always easy. The two older kids are allowed to do things I would not support and yet I have to allow for it because that "family" existed before me.
DH is ignorant to faith because of how he was raised. Evolution is a fact to him and Creationism is a fairytale along with a young earth. There are battles on the home front about these things. I pray a lot, but it is hard because I have yet to see him budge or soften.
He is a good man and has a good heart; just a façade of harshness. He likes to wave his intellect around which is actually the opposite of the person I am. I fell in love with him knowing what was on the inside.
I apologize for the life story.
He has a tendency to have a sharp tongue and has said some very mean things to me in the heat of the moment; which he apologizes for and really doesn't mean. He barely ever changed the girls we had together's, diapers, let me rest, or have personal time ever; despite my hands on with "his" kids. This has created some resentment for it but at the end of the day we are best friends. I simply could not live with not having yet another baby but dh, with us now having 4, did not want it. He barely wanted one more with me nevertheless two, now three. Somehow I convinced him and we compromised that this would be the last one and as a result I would continue to be lenient and forgiving of his really unacceptable outbursts and his sometimes laziness with the kids. This way, at least I would have somewhat fulfilled my adult dreams. Now we are TTC. We literally made the decision on the day I believe I was ovulating and we DTD...so we shall see. I was blessed to conceive my first on the 1st try and 2nd, on the 2nd month. I suffer from severe OCD....though you would never know bc it is in the form of excessive worrying.
I know this will be my last and wanted to hold off to prolong my child bearing years. dh is 45 and I am 30 so he said now or never and that I have til next April to get preg naturally and then he is getting a vasectomy.
I'm so nervous...I want GOD'S will to be done but my head is spinning. What if we don't conceive? What if something is wrong with the baby and dh not being a Christian resents me because I don't believe in abortion? This will be my first pregnancy saved and I am hoping to grow in my faith. I have diligently spend almost every night studying the bible and am so fortunate to have a bff whose father is a pastor and who tutors me via the phone or answers questions. This is all I have right now. I feel so different from dh now....are values are so different in a lot of ways and this hurts me. I love him him with all my heart but it is challenging bc he I closed minded to my faith, homeschooling, and basically anything. I constantly pray for his heart to soften. I'm hoping this TTC journey is short because with all my obsessions already occupying my mind, worrying that something else is off with me will just add on to my normal load. I praise the LORD bc he has given me this opportunity and already blessed me beyond words!
Seaweed likes this.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
March 28th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I am needing a good Bible Study/ Devotional book based on KJV... Any suggestions?

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

March 28th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Pray, then pray some more
Wow girl that's a lot on your plate there. My DH is not saved either. But early in our relationship we formed our boundaries with my relationship with God. I can not suppress my love for God. I can not stifle it either. Either he can live with that or he can leave me. It's his choice. He is not allowed to belittle me and I do not belittle him for not believing. I do not force my beliefs on him. I do talk about my relationship with God and sometimes I read scripture to him when the group is reading something juicy I share it with him. He does ask me about my bible reading group from time to time. He supports me and I support him. I hope that one day God changes his heart. But me pounding him about it won't change anything. I have to live my life in love and hope he notices and wants what I have.

I will be praying a special prayer for you. I pray that whatever happens well is for God's glory but in your best interest also. If that means another baby then yippy! If not I'll pray for God's peace for you.

[IMG][/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangebrittainy View Post
I am needing a good Bible Study/ Devotional book based on KJV... Any suggestions?
What is the daily reading?

As a group we read the same bible passages every weekday. We email our thoughts or comments about the readings to thedailyreading@gmail.com. The readings are short and usually take about 5 minutes a day. The comments are compiled into one email, usually by 4:00pm. Everyone receives a daily email with everyone’s comments. For me personally, no other method of reading has done quite what these daily readings have done for me and my walk with God. Most group members will say the same thing. I now have a better understanding of the bible and as a result I am much closer to God. I am looking forward to seeing you participate in the group. It’s accountability, it’s a learning experience, but what makes it great is our differences coming together in one reading.

I love this group.
So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7

Rae

My Ovulation Chart
March 28th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Beth2008's Avatar mommy in the making
This is so amazing to see so many girls on the boards who are Christians. I was raised in church, my dad is a preacher. My husband was saved but he's not been as faithful as he used yo be, and I recently have been praying and trying to be a better christian. I pray nightly that if its Gods will that he will bless us each with a baby.

This warms my heart to see this thread!

Thank you *Kiliki* for amazing siggy!

March 29th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a wonderful thread and I will be adding you all to my prayers!
March 29th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies!!
I've been busy the past couple of days, but I have checked in and kept up with my prayer list! It gives me peace at night to pray for all your needs as well as my own.
Jewelluv, I admire you so much for continuing to believe and have so much Love for God despite your husband not believing! You are one strong lady and I will pray for your husbands heart to soften and for his redemption I know you can make a difference... You were placed in his life for a reason
I hope you ladies have a wonderful Good Friday and Easter weekend. I work the next two nights so I will be just checking in occasionally to see what prayers i need to add to my list!! I'm so excited how this has taken off
The devotional I'm using right now is called The One Year Devotions for Women by Ann Spangler and its very good!!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! fingers crossed!!
March 29th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
I have prayed for all of you girls and I have a good feeling :-). Now let me see them bfp's coming, come on!
March 29th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Been praying as well HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY GIRLS

March 29th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Super Mommy to be
HI, Great thread and I invite you all who aren't there already to come over and join us in the Christian Parenting thread..You can join up with a prayer partner also.

God has lead us to the decision to have a child...I know this and have pt my faith in Him and His timing and plan... If it was up to me and what I can foresee with my mortal eyes I would say no way...too much to worry about--finances, work, health, the way of the world etc...but my God is bigger than all those things and whether we are childless or have 5 kids my help comes form the Lord...he can supply our needs with or without so I have trusted Him to lead guide and direct

Please pray that we continue to draw close to God and to be still enough that we can hear Him speaking to us

I pray for my JM friends and will continue to do so... I will pray for God's will to be done in your lives....and please pray the same for me.... prayers for healthy pregnancies for us all,, and happy healthy babies!
cutenurse24 and jeweluv like this.
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search